Ridiculous result Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2017 6:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 10/7/2017 9:05:00 PM (view original):
This coming from the guy who says he wants human competition. LMAO
It's these empty worlds that make you mediocre coaches think you are the sh&t.
Feel free to look at my schedules. I play as many humans as possible and have never turned down a challenge.

As for "mediocre" or "the sh&t", I'm neither. I just play the game that's presented to me rather than ***** and moan that the game isn't what I want it to be. This forum is populated with entitled users who think their wishes should be granted without question.
The complainers are needed to help improve issues with the product. The forum is a valuable tool to express those issues.
Some complaints gain no traction and are brushed aside. Some are valid and when there is a majority consensus/agreement that an issue is valid, then it's up to Seble/whoever to see if it should be addressed.

If the whiners bother you so much maybe you should find another hobby outside of these message boards.

10/8/2017 10:36 AM
Posted by pkoopman on 10/7/2017 1:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by chapelhillne on 10/7/2017 12:07:00 PM (view original):
I agree totally with Stewdog. I think this is really hurting the game. It's a big reason I am cutting down from a high of 10 teams (every world). For those that say it is not good for the game for a team to go to the final 4 75% of the time, it's not because the game is causing those teams to go there. It is because Stewdog is a great coach. So, he is basically being punished because he is a good recruiter. Every coach has the same chance to build a good program, and ones that are able to do it should not be punished. For those that have not been able to do it, the idea is to study how to be a better recruiter and game planner so that you can get to that level, not bring the successful coaches down. I still do not know what the solution is totally, but a start would be to make D1 teams much more powerful than D2 teams. It would not be nearly so frustrating to lose to a lower level D1 team.
It’s not hurting the game, it’s changing the game. Players who don’t adjust their expectations and gameplay are bound to be frustrated.

The unrealistic part to me is not that a team 5 prestige levels down could have a chance if their effort was much higher (and we can presume it was, I think). What is entirely unrealistic here is if the only other team to really challenge for a recruit good enough for an A+ team to promise minutes to is a D2. Coaches of high prestige teams were accustomed to winning those recruits with no challenge. That was the gameplay problem 3.0 intended to fix.

It is actually working as intended. This has been the game for over a year now. If you haven’t adjusted, that’s a user issue of gameplay and expectations, not a fault of the system.
I tired of these crappy arguments. Why are people leaving then? So it's hurting the game.
10/8/2017 10:53 AM
Posted by pkoopman on 10/7/2017 2:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 10/7/2017 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pkoopman on 10/7/2017 2:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 10/7/2017 2:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 10/7/2017 2:24:00 PM (view original):
Benis don't respond. Its not worth the time
Some bitter people on here who have a grudge against the high prestige coaches from 2.0
Refusing to engage in the discussion, and reverting to lukewarm snark and personal attacks, per usual, speaks volumes regarding the strength of your position.
Yup.

You guys already won. You whined enough so Seble gave you the illogical game you wanted. Congrats.
It’s not illogical. There is a point at which D1 A+ effort completely overmatches all-in effort from any opponent starting at about 2 full prestige grades below, taking them out of signing range. The farther down the opponent, the less effort required to completely overmatch it. I don’t know exactly what that amount is for 5 full prestige grades, but it’s quite a bit below all-in effort. Stewdog didn’t meet it, though he certainly could have, if the recruit was enough of a priority.

I’m not a big fan of the commodity based resource allocation model for a college sports sim, but that is what it is. As long as it’s going to be a commodity game, prioritization and effort have to mean something.
I am an ordinary D1 baller : Georgia Tech offers 15 minutes a game... D1, maybe a way to better my game, get to the NBA or oversea ball. Visit me, show me the campus. I don't care, I already know you, your team is the most decorated team in the NCAA. A UNC in reality... And I go D2? Come on , give it up
10/8/2017 10:58 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
“Here is an easy change they could make to this game that would alleviate much of the problem discussed above plus help address the poor retention of new coaches that sign up to play this game: Make it so D2 teams cannot recruit players that are rated in the top 100 at their position. Make it so D3 cannot recruit D1 players at all.”

So many ways to eff the lower divisions, so little time. At least this user seems to be making a genuine effort, so I’ll respond to him.
First of all, the “problem” you are trying to address isn’t the “problem” at all. Mike correctly identified the real problem: This forum is populated with entitled users who think their wishes should be granted without question.
As to the suggestion that D2 and D3 recruiting be nerfed until it is unrecognizable, or nerfed at all, has everyone forgotten that that is where new users start? These are the same new users you profess to care so much about, the same new users upon which the game ultimately depends upon. Take away their toys and then tell me why they should play the game.
10/8/2017 11:24 AM
Spud has a point.

Currently the populations of D2/D3 are BOOMING. Why mess up a good thing?
10/8/2017 11:31 AM
Posted by mullycj on 10/8/2017 10:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2017 6:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 10/7/2017 9:05:00 PM (view original):
This coming from the guy who says he wants human competition. LMAO
It's these empty worlds that make you mediocre coaches think you are the sh&t.
Feel free to look at my schedules. I play as many humans as possible and have never turned down a challenge.

As for "mediocre" or "the sh&t", I'm neither. I just play the game that's presented to me rather than ***** and moan that the game isn't what I want it to be. This forum is populated with entitled users who think their wishes should be granted without question.
The complainers are needed to help improve issues with the product. The forum is a valuable tool to express those issues.
Some complaints gain no traction and are brushed aside. Some are valid and when there is a majority consensus/agreement that an issue is valid, then it's up to Seble/whoever to see if it should be addressed.

If the whiners bother you so much maybe you should find another hobby outside of these message boards.

Are they needed? That could certainly be argued. Anyway, you are not going to get a "majority" of anything in this forum. There are maybe 20-25 HD users posting. If all 25 agree, that's just a tiny percentage of people playing the game.

I'm good. Whiners whine, I point it out. Works for me.
10/8/2017 11:49 AM
Posted by zorzii on 10/8/2017 10:58:00 AM (view original):
Some bitter people on here who have a grudge against the high prestige coaches from 2.0
Refusing to engage in the discussion, and reverting to lukewarm snark and personal attacks, per usual, speaks volumes regarding the strength of your position.
Yup.

You guys already won. You whined enough so Seble gave you the illogical game you wanted. Congrats.
It’s not illogical. There is a point at which D1 A+ effort completely overmatches all-in effort from any opponent starting at about 2 full prestige grades below, taking them out of signing range. The farther down the opponent, the less effort required to completely overmatch it. I don’t know exactly what that amount is for 5 full prestige grades, but it’s quite a bit below all-in effort. Stewdog didn’t meet it, though he certainly could have, if the recruit was enough of a priority.

I’m not a big fan of the commodity based resource allocation model for a college sports sim, but that is what it is. As long as it’s going to be a commodity game, prioritization and effort have to mean something.
I am an ordinary D1 baller : Georgia Tech offers 15 minutes a game... D1, maybe a way to better my game, get to the NBA or oversea ball. Visit me, show me the campus. I don't care, I already know you, your team is the most decorated team in the NCAA. A UNC in reality... And I go D2? Come on , give it up
Yeah but the coach has been there like 60 seasons. He needs a scooter to get between the bench and locker room. That's not appealing to me as an ordinary D1 baller. Dude could die at any minute.

Realism, bro!
10/8/2017 11:51 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2017 11:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 10/8/2017 10:58:00 AM (view original):
Yup.

Yeah but the coach has been there like 60 seasons. He needs a scooter to get between the bench and locker room. That's not appealing to me as an ordinary D1 baller. Dude could die at any minute.

Realism, bro!
Joe Pa coached until he was practically dead.
10/8/2017 12:05 PM
45 seasons at Penn State. I don't think a college coach has exceeded 40(Boeheim? Coach K?). How long at stewdog been at GaTech?

Realism, bro!!!
10/8/2017 1:10 PM
"The complainers are needed to help improve issues with the product."

Totally wrong. Complainers add nothing to the conversation and in some cases make the forums toxic. Unbiased analysis and consequent constructive criticism is needed to improve the product. Try it some time.
10/8/2017 1:20 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2017 1:10:00 PM (view original):
45 seasons at Penn State. I don't think a college coach has exceeded 40(Boeheim? Coach K?). How long at stewdog been at GaTech?

Realism, bro!!!
Yeah but stewdog's tenure then puts him well into the future where we'll have some highly advanced technology. Futurama heads in jars kind of thing.

Realism!
10/8/2017 1:27 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2017 10:35:00 AM (view original):
The "previous version" was rotting on the vine.
You guys are hilarious
10/8/2017 1:37 PM
Posted by zorzii on 10/8/2017 10:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by pkoopman on 10/7/2017 1:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by chapelhillne on 10/7/2017 12:07:00 PM (view original):
I agree totally with Stewdog. I think this is really hurting the game. It's a big reason I am cutting down from a high of 10 teams (every world). For those that say it is not good for the game for a team to go to the final 4 75% of the time, it's not because the game is causing those teams to go there. It is because Stewdog is a great coach. So, he is basically being punished because he is a good recruiter. Every coach has the same chance to build a good program, and ones that are able to do it should not be punished. For those that have not been able to do it, the idea is to study how to be a better recruiter and game planner so that you can get to that level, not bring the successful coaches down. I still do not know what the solution is totally, but a start would be to make D1 teams much more powerful than D2 teams. It would not be nearly so frustrating to lose to a lower level D1 team.
It’s not hurting the game, it’s changing the game. Players who don’t adjust their expectations and gameplay are bound to be frustrated.

The unrealistic part to me is not that a team 5 prestige levels down could have a chance if their effort was much higher (and we can presume it was, I think). What is entirely unrealistic here is if the only other team to really challenge for a recruit good enough for an A+ team to promise minutes to is a D2. Coaches of high prestige teams were accustomed to winning those recruits with no challenge. That was the gameplay problem 3.0 intended to fix.

It is actually working as intended. This has been the game for over a year now. If you haven’t adjusted, that’s a user issue of gameplay and expectations, not a fault of the system.
I tired of these crappy arguments. Why are people leaving then? So it's hurting the game.
If it’s a “crappy argument” you should be able to make a case without resorting to parroting Benis, who reliably falls back to “I’m right because look at all the people who obviously agree with me”.

Every tech update in history suffers attrition. Some people don’t like their cheese being moved. The attrition represents people who, for whatever reason, don’t want to adjust.
10/8/2017 2:23 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...12 Next ▸
Ridiculous result Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.