2020 Hall of Fame: Post your ballot Topic

Posted by dino27 on 12/3/2019 1:44:00 PM (view original):
the public voting is only trickling in.
bonds/clemens/schilling/walker all at 72.7%.
abreu at slightly under 10%.
Bonds and Clemens always get a higher percentage of the public vote than the private vote. I'd be very surprised if either gets voted in by the writers.

Eventually they'll get in as time passes and people get less and less mad over their steroid use.
12/3/2019 2:58 PM
thats interesting.....this is year 8 of 10.
12/3/2019 3:07 PM
Posted by dino27 on 12/3/2019 11:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 12/3/2019 12:23:00 AM (view original):
I didn't say "would of course have used steroids."

I said that guys who showed a willingness to put chemicals into their bodies to play better would be likely to... wait for it... put chemicals into their bodies to play better.
thats like saying pot is a gateway to heroin.
No, its not. I don't often agree with dahs, but in this case, I do. All he is saying is that a willingness to take a drug to enhance your performance, probably indicates willingness to take other drugs to enhance your performance. It is not like saying smoking pot is a gateway to heroin. It is more like saying a willingness to take an illegal substance (in this case, pot) to alter your reality, probably indicates a willingness to try other substances that would alter your reality. I think someone who smokes pot or takes greenies would be more likely to take heroin of steroids than a person who would not take greenies of smoke pot.
12/3/2019 3:40 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 12/3/2019 1:19:00 PM (view original):
well, by all accounts Clemens was/is an *******. Let's just ban him, waddya say?
if it was the Hall of Nice Guys, I'd agree, but it is not. There are many guys who are in the Hall who were likely ********. IT is supposed to be for the best baseball players. Clemens was one of the best, as was Bonds, who was also an *******, by all accounts. Theye would have been some two of the best if they had never touched a steroid.
12/3/2019 3:43 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 12/3/2019 3:40:00 PM (view original):

I said that guys who showed a willingness to put chemicals into their bodies to play better would be likely to... wait for it... put chemicals into their bodies to play better.
No, its not. I don't often agree with dahs, but in this case, I do. All he is saying is that a willingness to take a drug to enhance your performance, probably indicates willingness to take other drugs to enhance your performance. It is not like saying smoking pot is a gateway to heroin. It is more like saying a willingness to take an illegal substance (in this case, pot) to alter your reality, probably indicates a willingness to try other substances that would alter your reality. I think someone who smokes pot or takes greenies would be more likely to take heroin of steroids than a person who would not take greenies of smoke pot.
people tend to shy away from sticking needles in their body and asking the team mgr for a new hat.
12/3/2019 4:24 PM
they also like to keep their balls.
12/3/2019 4:26 PM
lol. I never had to ask for a new hat. We got one every season.

reminds me of an outfielder I played with once. His name was Ted as I recall. It's rather difficult because nobody called him that.
Usually I called him Lucy. But I was a genuine ******* as a youngun............
He had bright, flaming red hair, you see. And someone passed around a rumor he only had one cajone.
Bang.

He became Lucille Ball. Lucy to me.
Was a good guy I'd bet.
Never got to know him much.
He couldn't hit a lick and quit ball pretty quickly.
Days gone by............
12/3/2019 4:53 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by dino27 on 12/3/2019 4:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 12/3/2019 3:40:00 PM (view original):

people tend to shy away from sticking needles in their body and asking the team mgr for a new hat.
Really? then why did so many guys use steroids? Why are there so many drug addicts?
12/3/2019 5:43 PM
uh oh.
12/3/2019 5:55 PM
Posted by 06gsp on 12/3/2019 2:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 12/3/2019 1:44:00 PM (view original):
the public voting is only trickling in.
bonds/clemens/schilling/walker all at 72.7%.
abreu at slightly under 10%.
Bonds and Clemens always get a higher percentage of the public vote than the private vote. I'd be very surprised if either gets voted in by the writers.

Eventually they'll get in as time passes and people get less and less mad over their steroid use.
People don't care. Pissy little sportswriters who hold grudges against surly ballplayers care.
12/3/2019 6:05 PM
the above is the stupidest post......by an angry guy....i wish i could redline it.
to friend wylie i say from someone who in my time could always draw a line
juicing was a name for a lot of different stuff......there were a lot of people who used a few times but are counted as users and some were under the category of experimenters and some were occasional and there were not a lot who used heavy constant combos of steroids and hgh.
the real notorious " heroin " my term - users like clemens and bonds and that ilk of cheating is where i draw the hof line.

it is widely suspected that tony gwynn may have used in one season. if that is true - just one season i would probably give him the mulligan.
if a guy under consideration was documented as someone who used a few times very limited with very limited impact i would vote for them.
im not against jaywalkers .
12/3/2019 6:22 PM
Where did you hear that there were not a lot who used consistently for years? I'm sure you believe that to be true, but I don't see any real evidence that it is. For all you or I know 60% of MLB was using for years. I'm pretty sure Canseco's estimate was 35-40%.
12/3/2019 7:07 PM
No, that was somebody else. I'm pretty sure Canseco said 85%. Can't remember who said 35-40. But even that is far from "not a lot."
12/3/2019 7:09 PM
david wells said 25 - 40 but that included occasionals and the type i described and that number was not all users of hgh / steroids......some were just cream or addderil etc.
12/3/2019 7:14 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...15 Next ▸
2020 Hall of Fame: Post your ballot Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.