Chris Rock Topic

Posted by wylie715 on 9/21/2020 7:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 9/21/2020 4:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 9/21/2020 4:10:00 PM (view original):
if you're gonna ask the MAGA hat wearer to remove his hat while in your place of business, do you do the same for the person wearing the BLM hat?? If not, that is, to me, discrimination. You're allowing one person to wear a hat but not another solely based on what the hat says. What is the both act respectable?
I disagree. I think a business owner has the justification to ask either to leave or not use their services.
Say I own a restaurant. I really don't like Wangler jeans...much prefer Levis. Is it okay if I say I won't serve people wearing Wranglers? If not why is that any different than saying I won't serve people wearing MAGA hats, but will serve people wearing BLM hats? Or vice versa. To me, it is no different.
Yes, so long as you don't apply that rule selectively.
9/21/2020 8:02 PM
You are wrong. You can’t refuse to serve people for wearing Levi’s vs wranglers unless it is a wranglers party or such.

9/21/2020 8:06 PM
Posted by dino27 on 9/21/2020 7:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 9/21/2020 7:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 9/21/2020 4:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 9/21/2020 4:10:00 PM (view original):
if you're gonna ask the MAGA hat wearer to remove his hat while in your place of business, do you do the same for the person wearing the BLM hat?? If not, that is, to me, discrimination. You're allowing one person to wear a hat but not another solely based on what the hat says. What is the both act respectable?
I disagree. I think a business owner has the justification to ask either to leave or not use their services.
Say I own a restaurant. I really don't like Wangler jeans...much prefer Levis. Is it okay if I say I won't serve people wearing Wranglers? If not why is that any different than saying I won't serve people wearing MAGA hats, but will serve people wearing BLM hats? Or vice versa. To me, it is no different.
You can’t refuse to serve people because of simple political expression that is not recognized as hate speech and or likely to incite violence like I hate irish sheenies or trump supporters should be murdered.

just think about shouting fire in the packed theater to cause a stampede.
This is correct.
9/21/2020 8:08 PM
You can’t be ridiculously capricious.
different but similar brands of jeans not dirty or ripped up doesn’t violate any dress code and would be arbitrary and capricious and discriminatory and other things.

ridiculous.

9/21/2020 8:12 PM
why is saying a customer can ear one brand of jeans but not another in my privately owned business any different from saying one can wear a BLM hat in my restaurant but not a MAGA hat? It's not. What's the difference between not liking MAGA hats and not liking Wrangler jeans? None as far as I can see. If it is okay to not allow MAGA hats but to allow BLM hats, it is okay to not allow Wrangler jeans and to allow Levis. Both ideas are ridiculous.
9/22/2020 12:51 AM
Posted by dino27 on 9/21/2020 8:12:00 PM (view original):
You can’t be ridiculously capricious.
different but similar brands of jeans not dirty or ripped up doesn’t violate any dress code and would be arbitrary and capricious and discriminatory and other things.

ridiculous.

exactly my point. Not allowing MAGA hats would be arbitrary and capricious and discriminatory. Absolutely no difference.
9/22/2020 12:52 AM
9/22/2020 1:14 AM
You can’t toss someone for wearing a magggot hat or blm hat.
9/22/2020 1:15 AM
In a PRIVATELY owned business, IF I ran it, you would either remove the MAGA hat or leave.
I have nothing against the Bureau of Land Management.

In MY private space you can NOT behave or act-out in ANY way I don't like. I will make you exit my space!
Don't I have the right to still do this in America?
9/22/2020 9:32 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 9/22/2020 9:32:00 AM (view original):
In a PRIVATELY owned business, IF I ran it, you would either remove the MAGA hat or leave.
I have nothing against the Bureau of Land Management.

In MY private space you can NOT behave or act-out in ANY way I don't like. I will make you exit my space!
Don't I have the right to still do this in America?
No. You don't.

What particularly bothers me is that you can make people exit your space for behaving in SOME ways that you don't like, but the government has a list of ways of behaving for which you CAN'T throw them out, which leaves lots of grey areas.

Which is why I'd prefer for the answer to just be a straight no, rather than an uncomfortable conditional yes.
9/22/2020 11:47 AM (edited)
What LAW prohibits ME from choosing whom I engage (contract) to do business with? On privately owned Property (NOT Government claimed property).

I thought our Constitution was fairly clear on this point.
I'm very glad I'm no longer in business to the public.

IF I was a singer/songwriter............can I still choose to ONLY perform songs that promote my view of the world?
Or must I sing a mandated POS like God Bless the USA.? Lee Greenwood should be forever banned from recording ever again for unleashing that horridly trite song on us!!
9/22/2020 11:49 AM
Posted by dino27 on 9/22/2020 1:15:00 AM (view original):
You can’t toss someone for wearing a magggot hat or blm hat.
Right. I agree. That is what I have been saying (or trying to say). Maybe I was unclear.
9/22/2020 1:07 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 9/22/2020 11:50:00 AM (view original):
What LAW prohibits ME from choosing whom I engage (contract) to do business with? On privately owned Property (NOT Government claimed property).

I thought our Constitution was fairly clear on this point.
I'm very glad I'm no longer in business to the public.

IF I was a singer/songwriter............can I still choose to ONLY perform songs that promote my view of the world?
Or must I sing a mandated POS like God Bless the USA.? Lee Greenwood should be forever banned from recording ever again for unleashing that horridly trite song on us!!
The difference is if you sing God Bless the USA, I can choose not to listen to it. Can I choose not to wear a MAGA hat to your business? Of course I can. However I am not saying you can't perform God Bless the USA, just that I won't listen to it. You are telling me I can't wear a MAGA hat if I want to take advantage of whatever it is your business offers. See the difference?
9/22/2020 1:12 PM (edited)
Nope.
9/22/2020 5:36 PM
Topless women can wear any hats they want in bobs store.
9/22/2020 5:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
Chris Rock Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.