ODL commentary Topic

Posted by jhsukow on 8/13/2022 8:33:00 PM (view original):
Cmcfeeky I think ran it
Yeah that's the Class Action Progressive (CAP) league. I've been in it for two seasons, we are about to wrap up the draft for what I believe is the 12th season
8/14/2022 12:05 AM
Posted by steelers821 on 8/13/2022 6:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by beachhouse on 8/13/2022 5:13:00 PM (view original):
I am not sure where the ODL was when my original profile was started, but I played season 1 of the 52 mil
Jeez still recognize any owners?
NCIH for sure; he left for a while from what I remember. Original 52 Mil would've been guys like DH, Scud, (there was a guy playing from Germany, I want to say it was like Kartenberg or something like that) Ash etc.
8/14/2022 11:05 AM
tarheel, brad and I think maybe even Copernicus was there
8/14/2022 11:07 AM
98average and bandit were around for a while too and vancem.
8/14/2022 11:09 AM
disalvandsands? naismith I think
8/14/2022 11:14 AM
Posted by beachhouse on 8/14/2022 11:05:00 AM (view original):
I am not sure where the ODL was when my original profile was started, but I played season 1 of the 52 mil
NCIH for sure; he left for a while from what I remember. Original 52 Mil would've been guys like DH, Scud, (there was a guy playing from Germany, I want to say it was like Kartenberg or something like that) Ash etc.
I'm pretty sure I was there for the first 52 Mil league too under malone9975
8/14/2022 11:48 AM
I started playing SLBk in 2006 but not heavily until 2010. I recognize all those names. Some of them still pop up. Scud fully retired. Some even passed.
8/14/2022 12:17 PM
Posted by PBandJ on 8/14/2022 11:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by beachhouse on 8/14/2022 11:05:00 AM (view original):
I'm pretty sure I was there for the first 52 Mil league too under malone9975
ohhh snap Malone!!
8/14/2022 5:42 PM
Posted by copernicus on 8/14/2022 11:14:00 AM (view original):
disalvandsands? naismith I think
Yup Naismith for sure I remember
8/14/2022 5:43 PM
Posted by beachhouse on 8/14/2022 11:07:00 AM (view original):
tarheel, brad and I think maybe even Copernicus was there
Yeah I remember tarheel was in the regressive I first joined. I think ash and robusk were in it too?

8/14/2022 7:39 PM
Posted by beachhouse on 8/14/2022 11:09:00 AM (view original):
98average and bandit were around for a while too and vancem.
I remember 98 getting very pissy when he lost the title record.
8/14/2022 7:42 PM
98 was very good for a long time
8/14/2022 7:54 PM
albiband0: Chamberlain, Wilt; Williamson, Zion; Payton, Gary; Erving, Julius; Murphy, Troy; Anthony, Greg; Andersen, Chris
albiband0 legitimately does pretty well in this format. It seems to me like he probably overdrafted usage. It is a weird mix of high eFG guys in Wilt, Zion, Birdman and Troy Murphy with low eFG counterparts. The rebounding will likely be excellent as well the defense. I am a little worried about the usage of the backups being too different from the usage of the starters. I also think the 3PM will end up low. Fringe playoff team.
beachhouse: Duncan, Tim; Garnett, Kevin; Mutombo, Dikembe; Millsap, Paul; VanVleet, Fred; Ball, Lonzo; Ford, Phil
Shooting efficiency does not seem to have been a priority for beachhouse but defense certainly seems like it was. The passing numbers should be very good. Rebounding is light in the backcourt and just above average in the front court. This should be a very low turnover team and probably about average on fouls. Right now the usage eye ball test looks like it might end up a little low. Out of the playoff race but not a bottom dweller.
benhoidal: Jordan, DeAndre; McHale, Kevin; Valanciunas, Jonas; Bledsoe, Eric; McCollum, C.J.; Hill, George; Williams, Marvin
There is a lot of “I’ll scratch your back if you scratch mine” here. DeAndre and Jonas balance each other out well, Bledsoe and McCollum do the same. McHale can just be McHale and his weaknesses are pretty covered up. This should be a very, very good shooting team who doesn’t turn over the ball and rebounds at an above average rate. The high efficiency shooting, possession control and defense triumvirate is a proven winner. I am not sure there is a lot of money left for much more depth but that have never stopped benhoidal before. Championship contender.
berkelon: Robinson, David; Capela, Clint; Vucevic, Nikola; Billups, Chauncey; Green, Danny; Faried, Kenneth; Beaubois, Rodrigue
berkelon is an up and comer and it shows in his improved team building. Robinson isn’t the easiest in this format with his warts and costs, but Capela and Vucevic are wonderful front court guys to pair him with. I really do not love the Danny Green and Billups back court; I’ve soured on both. They are proven commodities in the ODL though. Faried is a gorgeous addition for cheap boards on the wing but without the right positional flexibility the SF position is exposed on defense here. Low seed playoff contender.
chewy3344: Jokic, Nikola; Adebayo, Bam; Chandler, Tyson; Young, Thaddeus; Porter Jr., Otto; Kirilenko, Andrei; Kuzma, Kyle
De ja vu all over again? Jokic + Bam is very much a “I see what you are doing here and I like it” combo with all that passing from the front court combined with two very complimentary players. However… I simply cannot figure out wtf Chandler is doing here and how he fits into the picture. I like Thad Young and Kirelenko replicating the Bam + Jokic stuff in the back court giving this the broad strokes of an incredibly cool build. But then Otto Porter and Kuzma confuse me. I am not sure what to do with this team… change a few pieces and it is one of the coolest ODL teams in a while. As it is, it feels misshapen. 4-6 seed.
copernicus: Paul, Chris; George, Paul; Russell, Bill; Boucher, Chris; Stoudemire, Amare; Gilgeous-Alexander, Shai; Portis, Bobby
Copernicus keeps drafting well, building solid teams and just failing to get over the hump. Lots to like here, with efficiency, rebounding, defense… like each player brings something to the table and has a corresponding player to cover their warts. It is classic ODL drafting. For my money, I think Russell is simply too expensive for this format. If I am drafting anyone over 3000 minutes, they better be overwhelming across the board just due to the way costing works. CP3, PG-13, Shai, Boucher and Portis is about as good of a 1-3 as you can have. Playoff team, shot at a bye, possible conference finals contender.
8/14/2022 8:53 PM (edited)
dakjd901: Rodman, Dennis; Olajuwon, Hakeem; Christie, Doug; Robertson, Oscar; Covington, Robert; Ingles, Joe; Leonard, Meyers
This team isn’t great but it is probably better than dak thinks it will be. It should easily win more than 18 games. There is lots of rebounding, defense, no stupid usage gaps, enough money left to round out the minutes. This team can’t shoot for ****. It is probably going to foul and turn the ball over a lot. I *think* it will get enough threes. The passing is probably good enough. Should be around the Mendoza line of 30-35 wins.
gerryred: Malone, Karl; Drummond, Andre; Nash, Steve; Ibaka, Serge; Anderson, Kyle; Nance Jr., Larry; Gasol, Pau
I was looking at the average wins and gerryred is way better at the ODL than I realized. This team is probably short on defense and will turn it over a lot. The rebounding and passing should be great and I think the shooting efficiency is there. Kyle Anderson and Larry Nance Jr are personal favorites of mine. I think there are enough high efficiency PGs added over the last few seasons that the case for Nash is getting weaker. Gasol is usually underdrafted in my opinion. Classic Gerry, probably a first round team.
jackedjamie: Abdul-Jabbar, Kareem; Holiday, Jrue; Harrell, Montrezl; Clarke, Brandon; Humphries, Kris; Jones, Tyus; Melton, De'Anthony
At least this mf doesn’t have a division draft slot. Him and Copernicus kill me with their division drafting. Real nice team here… Kareem is difficult to build around but jj filled him out with a ton of ODL staples. Humphries has had a bit of a falling out lately but the rest of the team is all ODL hipsters basically. If Humphries is okay bumping down to SF on D then there should be enough defensive coverage everywhere. The passing could be a little light but not enough to worry about… potentially the rebounding is below average. Not too much to nit pick, I think this is at least a conference finals contender, could sneak into the finals.
jethroeg: James, LeBron; Simmons, Ben; Thompson, Klay; Thurmond, Nate; Brand, Elton; Redick, J.J.; Wallace, Rasheed
Honestly… one day it will happen. Even though I think LeBron needs to play PG, LeBron + Simmons + Klay… like you are cooking there. You basically have it all… you just need to focus on being efficient in the front court. Get some low usage, low foul, highly efficient guys in the front court and one super flexible positionally backcourt sub and you are good to go. Unfortunately, Jethro did none of that stuff. Super expensive, super usage-y, lots of fouls, not bench plan. 20 wins?
jhsukow: Antetokounmpo, Giannis; Butler, Jimmy; Williams III, Robert; Blaylock, Mookie; Moon, Jamario; Johnson, Cameron; Okafor, Emeka
I am trying to figure out the theory of this team. 1: Butler 2: Moon 3: Giannis 4: Timelord 5: Okafor; Blaylock backs up Butler, Johnson backs up Moon, Butler backs up Giannis… I don’t know. There are still so many front court minutes to fill out. Okafor always disappoints owners. Blaylock being the only volume three point shooter is rough. However… Giannis, Butler and Timelord are three of the best players in the ODL format so… I don’t know. I will split the baby here and say 3-6 seed.
Midge: Gobert, Rudy; LaVine, Zach; Haliburton, Tyrese; Marshall, Donyell; Evans, Tyreke; Nelson, Jameer; Sabonis, Domantas
Legit pretty good. I love Gobert, the Haliburton + LaVine combo is cool. Marshal is a nice fit. Tyreke is one of my faves and a wonderful backup here for LaVine. Nelson slots in nicely behind Haliburton. Only two bigs and money could be tight since per minute that is most expensive area to fill in. I think potentially Midge overspent on passing and usage. But I am nit-picking, I think this is a strong contender for a bye.
8/14/2022 9:12 PM
I sleep like sh** whenever there is a full moon so the last couple days have been a rough combination with the fact that I have to get up super early on weekends. So I am completely bushed. Will try and get the second half done tomorrow.
8/14/2022 9:13 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
ODL commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.