Right-wing reactionaries - fight the real enemy Topic

Posted by tangplay on 7/19/2021 9:47:00 PM (view original):
The new proposed voter law in Michigan is ******* terrifying.

Essentially, it is voter ID, but every voter also has to give their signature, and if the poll worker subjectively determines that the signature doesn't match the digital record, the voter has to use a provisional ballot, and then later drive up to the clerk's office to once again show ID.

As a poll worker during the 2020 election, I know how easy it would be to abuse this law. We see whether the voter is a Democrat or a Republican, and if we had this law, I could very easily choose to force a bunch of Republican voters to use a provisional. Or, if you're a racist, you could force a bunch of black people to use provisionals, effectively wiping out their vote. It's all up to the subjectivity of the poll worker, and their biases.

Worse, the legislature is going to try to use a signature campaign to bypass the governor veto. There is actually a chance that this passes.

**** the GOP. **** their voting restriction efforts. It's clearly an attempt to prevent the Democratic (big d and small d) majority from expressing their will.
It’s just all so dumb. What’s to prevent democrats from abusing this rule even? Such a bad idea.
7/20/2021 1:40 PM
How about that, Uofa and I agree. Just a totally stupid proposal. Neither side should like it, as either side could abuse it.
7/20/2021 1:51 PM

The Texas Senate has passed a bill to eliminate a requirement that public schools teach that the Ku Klux Klan is “morally wrong. That same bill dropped studying Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech as a curriculum requirement

Would love to see the conservative defense for this one.

7/20/2021 6:15 PM

COVID cases among migrants in Rio Grande Valley sector surge 900% as border numbers continue to rise

COVID cases among migrants in Rio Grande Valley sector ...

https://www.foxnews.com › politics › covid-cases-migrant...
6 hours ago — The number of detainees who tested positive for COVID-19 in the Rio Grande Valley (RGV) Sector alone has increased by 900%, according to ...
7/20/2021 6:38 PM
7/20/2021 6:40 PM
7/20/2021 6:43 PM
7/20/2021 6:46 PM
Posted by DougOut on 7/20/2021 6:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 7/20/2021 1:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DougOut on 7/20/2021 4:28:00 AM (view original):

GOVERNMENT / DOUGLAS ANDREWS

Cali and Florida: A Tale of Two States

When comparing Democrat governance to Republican, the contrast couldn’t be clearer.

Lol last I checked California has like the sixth largest GDP in the world and Florida accounts for 20% of our new Covid cases but ok

• U.S. COVID-19 death rate by state | Statista

https://www.statista.com › ... › State of Health
2 days ago — New Jersey is the state with the highest rate of COVID-19 deaths in the U.S., followed by New York and Massachusetts.

20% LOL LOL LOL LOL
NEW covid cases
7/20/2021 8:05 PM
Posted by tangplay on 7/20/2021 8:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DougOut on 7/20/2021 6:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 7/20/2021 1:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DougOut on 7/20/2021 4:28:00 AM (view original):

GOVERNMENT / DOUGLAS ANDREWS

Cali and Florida: A Tale of Two States

When comparing Democrat governance to Republican, the contrast couldn’t be clearer.

Lol last I checked California has like the sixth largest GDP in the world and Florida accounts for 20% of our new Covid cases but ok

• U.S. COVID-19 death rate by state | Statista

https://www.statista.com › ... › State of Health
2 days ago — New Jersey is the state with the highest rate of COVID-19 deaths in the U.S., followed by New York and Massachusetts.

20% LOL LOL LOL LOL
NEW covid cases
Right? Jesus Christ this ******* guy
7/21/2021 12:25 AM
Posted by DougOut on 7/20/2021 6:41:00 PM (view original):

FOREIGN POLICY / CATHERINE MORTENSEN

Biden Shuts Out Cubans, Welcomes Central Americans

Rubio says the cause of the riots is simple: “Communism doesn’t work and Marxism sucks.”

Communism doesn’t work is basically word for for word what Biden said the other day, Christ man. Your blog sucks.
7/21/2021 12:27 AM
No you're right, Doug! Homelessness only exists in California, nowhere else.

Also, you know what? It is strange that the state with the sixth highest GDP still hasn't solved a basic problem like homelessness! I wonder what the GOP solution is to the problem?

No, seriously, I want your solution to the problem.
7/21/2021 11:19 AM
Notice how he just passes over this kind of stuff...

From NPR...

INVESTIGATIONS

The Capitol Siege: The Arrested And Their Stories

Heard on All Things Considered

NPR STAFF

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/09/965472049/the-capitol-siege-the-arrested-and-their-stories
7/21/2021 12:51 PM
Posted by DougOut on 7/21/2021 2:48:00 PM (view original):

EDUCATION / DOUGLAS ANDREWS

Biden’s Ed Secretary Backpedals on CRT

Nationwide awareness and outrage seem to have gotten the attention of the Biden administration.

So the department of education listened to you guys and agreed and that’s bad now? Your blog sucks.
7/21/2021 2:53 PM
Posted by DougOut on 7/21/2021 3:02:00 PM (view original):
21 JULY, 2021

Pelosi Vetoes Jordan for Jan. 6th Committee

BUCK: We're gonna hear about the threat to our democracy every day from now until the midterms. Get ready for it.

She vetoed the dude who helped cover up sexual abuse at OSU? Good idea! Your blog sucks.
7/21/2021 3:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...77|78|79|80|81...142 Next ▸
Right-wing reactionaries - fight the real enemy Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.