Flat/Sale tax instead of Income tax Topic

I feel like you shouldn't tell people what to think when it comes to economic/tax policy if you don't even know how government debt works*.

*not even in a super technical way. Just, like, the general idea that bonds are debt and you can't eliminate the deficit by selling more bonds.
9/28/2016 2:24 PM
Yay. Edgar Martinez to HOF talk now?
9/28/2016 2:25 PM
You can always tell when BL thinks he's losing his all-important internet argument.

He pulls up something for 3 years ago.

Dipshit.
9/28/2016 2:26 PM
Why are you changing the subject?
9/28/2016 2:26 PM
Why are you a **********?
9/28/2016 2:27 PM
I'm not. You're telling everyone else why they're soooo dumb to believe that a certain tax policy is a good idea. It's fair to disclose that you don't know what the **** you're talking about.
9/28/2016 2:30 PM (edited)
No, it's a serious question. Why do you suck ****? It's OK. It's an enlightened time. You don't have to hide in the closet any longer.
9/28/2016 2:29 PM
LOL, Mike's losing his ****.
9/28/2016 2:30 PM
No, I'm asking a question. Just answer it.
9/28/2016 2:31 PM
Honestly.
9/28/2016 2:31 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/28/2016 2:31:00 PM (view original):
No, I'm asking a question. Just answer it.
I'll answer your question if you tell everyone why you're so stupid.

Eat lead paint as a kid? Accident with a donkey?
9/28/2016 2:34 PM
I'm stupid?

Aren't you the one who felt the need to bring up something from three years ago as soon as you felt you were losing your all-important internet argument? It's what you do.

You take this **** too seriously. Quote the post so I can get the date.
9/28/2016 2:38 PM
BAD_LUCK BY KO!

MIKETITTY GOT CREAMED!
9/28/2016 2:41 PM
As a corporate trainer, I frequently caution managers about using the word "FAIR", and actually use taxes as my example by asking "What would be a 'fair' tax system?"'; adding that you don't have to believe it to suggest it.

The answers are ALWAYS:
Same %
Same $
ZERO TAX (always comes up third or fourth)
"according to their needs" - always a response from a particular personality type, like everyone's "needs" can be met
Usage tax
Sales tax
Graduated tax system (theoretically, what we have)
Close the loopholes (to make it fair, theoretically)

Any one of these can be (reasonably) argued to be "FAIR"... and just as reasonably, be argued to be "UNFAIR". Then I tell the managers to NEVER use the word "fair" in their compensation/promotion/performance meetings with employees because FAIR is not an absolute.
9/28/2016 3:08 PM
"Fair share" is just a mantra to get the poor to vote Democrat.
9/28/2016 3:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...17 Next ▸
Flat/Sale tax instead of Income tax Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.