Has anything been done to improve EEs in any world Topic

It's amusing to me that the coaches crowing about the greatness of 3.0 in like every thread are nearly all objectively average/bad coaches. (spud, MikeT, etc).

1/12/2017 5:22 PM
Well, you're easily amused. I have no idea if 3.0 is great or terrible. I do know that 1.0 was ******. I'm not sure 2.0 was any better as I didn't play it. I believe that 3.0 is working as intended. And I know there's MASSIVE whining about it.

That said, if you and I are to engage is a dick-measuring contest, I'm not whipping out my HD resume'.
1/12/2017 5:25 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 1/12/2017 5:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by buddhagamer on 1/12/2017 4:58:00 PM (view original):
Since I've played Kansas every season for 30 seasons, I'm fairly confident he's a good coach.

He ended up taking 3 walk-ons because he had 3 EEs last season (S100) as well: Gallman, Kempf, and Benson.

When you have so many late openings *AND* having to fight for top recruits in RS1, there is no way right now to open up back-up options legitimately unless other coaches decide to not battle you. If they come after your back up options, you have to look elsewhere or just take the walk on.

Allowing the lower level D2/D3 to battle for these EE backup options just makes it that much tougher to do.

But yeah the non-D1 coaches still know how difficult it is trying to keep an elite D1 program competitive...
"But yeah the non-D1 coaches still know how difficult it is trying to keep an elite D1 program competitive" They don't and shouldn't express and opinion on the subject when they aren't qualified for the matter.
Ward gets it, obviously Mike doesn't.
1/12/2017 5:56 PM
I know. I didn't take 8 years of college to get a degree in HD D1. You guys are awesome. I'm sure your parents are proud. Can't wait to see which of you makes their first million playing Hoops Dynasty.
1/12/2017 6:31 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/12/2017 6:31:00 PM (view original):
I know. I didn't take 8 years of college to get a degree in HD D1. You guys are awesome. I'm sure your parents are proud. Can't wait to see which of you makes their first million playing Hoops Dynasty.
You're late to the party... aejones parlayed his skill into helping him win big at DraftKings.
1/12/2017 6:40 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure DraftKings isn't a simgame.
1/12/2017 6:47 PM
I did not start this thread in order for revisionist historians to defend 3.0...nor was I attacking 3.0 per se. My experience with WIS has been that new products (and that is what 3.0 amounts to) tend to have some issues in terms of game play. 3.0 is not the worst new product for this in WIS history...but an awful lot of people who have shown a degree of support for HD have legitimate rational issues. I honestly just want to know if any improvements have happened yet. From the absolute lack of any response stating otherwise, the answer seems to be no. I will look forward to seeing what the "fixes" will be.
1/12/2017 6:55 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/12/2017 5:25:00 PM (view original):
Well, you're easily amused. I have no idea if 3.0 is great or terrible. I do know that 1.0 was ******. I'm not sure 2.0 was any better as I didn't play it. I believe that 3.0 is working as intended. And I know there's MASSIVE whining about it.

That said, if you and I are to engage is a dick-measuring contest, I'm not whipping out my HD resume'.
A good ol' fashioned dick-measuring contest. Oh my.

Ooh ooh pick me as a judge!!
1/12/2017 6:58 PM
OK but no cameras. I don't need all the chicks chasing me around because of my huge dick then finding out I play nerdy simulation games thus leaving me standing there holding my big dick in my hand.
1/12/2017 7:59 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
hiccups?
1/12/2017 11:54 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
good value for older cell phone users
1/13/2017 3:09 AM
did the November 22 announcement disappear or am I forgetting where to look?
2/11/2017 9:19 AM
I think it needs some tweaking, but it is still possible to maintain a top program even with EEs. In Tark, I had one opening with my A+ Georgia Tech program, and had one guy that looked like he was going to go EE. I filled my opening in the first session with a 5 star player, the #3 player in the country. Albeit I had to battle and could have lost the battle. But I spent most of the first session building up credit on a 5 star ineligible guy out of North Carolina, the #22 player in the country. My guy ended up not turning pro, so I never did have to get him, but I kept pouring my 20 AP into him in the second session. He went 2 days before he got taken, so had I lost my player, I would have signed him as well. There are extreme cases though, and I may be facing one with my Illinois team, where I have one opening, but 5 guys on the draft board - 3 on the fence and 2 likely staying. If they all leave, I will be in serious trouble. But, it's part of the risk you take when filling your roster with top guys. It would be nice if they declared early, even if the resources were not allocated until the second session, so I would know what I am looking at. Or, perhaps, there could be a limit of 2 EEs per team, but I don't know if I like the arbitrary cap. You also still get the prestige bump, so that is a definite advantage when they go. Incidentally, one of the guys on the fence and ranked #15 is a freshman. I have never seen a freshman turn pro, so I am hoping this does not happen. He is 923 overall as a freshman, so he is definitely very good, and in real life he'd definitely be a candidate to go after one year.
2/11/2017 9:51 AM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9 Next ▸
Has anything been done to improve EEs in any world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.