D.E.A.L. Redux - Group 6 Topic

I didn't vote for myself. but I'm, a close second! hehe. I write my roster selection strategies while they're fresh on my mind. Here it is if you're imnterested.

Glad there's only one draft this year. Drafts require different than normal Wis strategies, most notably the ability to predict what others will do next. And that's where I slipped here.
I was lucky to get the first pick and took Lajoie, far and away the best 2nd baseman. Our group has crappy SPs so it looks like another big bullpen strategy for me. I took Buffinton, perhaps the worst 2nd round pick ever, to bank 500 innings. Then the best SP available Elton Chamberlain with only 135 ip but 8 starts against brianjw or whoever is winning. Then 2 moves I may have made too soon. After 4 rounds there hadn't been the usual SP run and it looks like competition for the little pitchers so I played it safe and took Kevin Brown. then Jose Bautista is the best of a weak 3B crew. I need 5 big hitters but there are lots of them so I put it off until the next turn, taking Medwick and O'Doul. The next few rounds added RP Gossage Hoffman Soriano. Mize and Snider may have been premature because nobody took big hitters for awhile after.
Next I stubbornly took Manship even tho 39 innings is nothing it looked like the 70-99 ip pitchers would be around for awhile. At the 14/15 turn I took Dave Smith and his zero HR, along with Javy Lopez even though everyone else has a catcher 2 of them are part-time. Looks like I'll be using a HR ballpark, wasn't my plan I just take whatever the draft gives me. John Shaffer to spot start against the lower walk teams. Teixiera for PH and some starts at 1B. Elston Howard still available. Cronin a delayed SS pick. Kiner to matchup against select pitchers. Hershiser for innings, long B and spot start as needed.411 hitting Haney at utility and occasional DH. Closed out with Otero Butcher Holdsworth, more pitching than I needed but it's always nice to have flexibility.
10/30/2017 9:42 PM (edited)
This is my third draft ever, the previous two being in last year's WISC, and I rarely go above $120mil themes. I have no idea who has the best team, I just voted for brianjw because he has the most past WISC success. But I doubt very much it will be me.
10/30/2017 10:22 PM
Predictions are for fools.
10/30/2017 11:30 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8
D.E.A.L. Redux - Group 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.