ODL 66 (full) Topic

Posted by benhoidal on 12/1/2017 10:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dh555 on 12/1/2017 10:42:00 PM (view original):
when was the trade made? during the season? judging by cjoks reaction im thinking it was... i didnt think that was allowed...that would be the reason to veto it...but if i somehow missed the memo that you can now trade misdeason, then i dont think its a bad enough trade to veto...pretty sure the bandit/ben trade that gave him curry was worse...draft pool keeps getting deeper...that 2/3 turn is gonna get cjok a fun foursome to build with
It’s on the second page of the draft thread. The season had been over for a while. We still needed some owners to fill up but trades have been done during that time plenty of times before.
Pretty sure this is correct.
12/1/2017 11:27 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 12/2/2017 12:23:00 AM (view original):
I think the trade should pretty obviously stand (although I am of course biased. This exact trade has been done before with no complaints and I think the only reason it’s an issue now is because it’s me.

That being said, I’m not trying to cause a fuss. bds needs to make a final decision after looking at all the latest posts people made. I will abide by whatever decision he makes and then completely drop the issue going forward either way.
I don't think it is you really. Just looking back through the history, it seems like this trade usually happens when the 1st is mid to low and the second is high. In this case it is a high first and a low second, which is a little wonky. I mean, even one of the owners in the trade poor mouthed it:

"And this is why you don't make a trade before knowing where you are picking... I will honor this rip off from over a month ago. I apologize to the entire league for my error."

...although it was obvious when he agreed to it so, I mean, I don't even know.

Or, it could be you? Who knows. I have a sick newborn, I have my mom coming to visit for two weeks tomorrow, and I'm trying to get a couple beers in the 12 hour window between. SO, I may be a poor judge.

You know... much less of this discussion would be happening if bandit was here...
12/2/2017 2:03 AM (edited)
I was thinking back to some old ZPL trades and ATBA trades... and I think I am often the owner that sh**s on egregiously bad trades. I don't know how I ended up here. Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes the bar eats you. F***in' ay.
12/2/2017 2:06 AM
I vote we remove bandit. The guy is never reliable!

I would be happy to take a second team. If that's not cool I understand but lets just get this moving!!

12/2/2017 7:34 AM
AGREED , it is time to draft !
12/2/2017 8:30 AM
I think the trade should pretty obviously stand (although I am of course biased. This exact trade has been done before with no complaints and I think the only reason it’s an issue now is because it’s me.

That being said, I’m not trying to cause a fuss. bds needs to make a final decision after looking at all the latest posts people made. I will abide by whatever decision he makes and then completely drop the issue going forward either way.
You still have yet to submit a revised proposal. That would be helpful information.
12/2/2017 10:26 AM
Posted by bds9992 on 12/2/2017 10:26:00 AM (view original):

You still have yet to submit a revised proposal. That would be helpful information.
Revised proposal???

There are 2 options. Allow the trade (there's no real VALID reason not too) or don't allow it (for whatever trumped up reason).
12/2/2017 10:39 AM

This exact trade has not been done before. Pls provide info. I have never seen someone with 2 top 9 picks in a draft league.
I dont get the obsession with this trade.
12/2/2017 11:23 AM
Posted by milest on 12/2/2017 10:39:00 AM (view original):

Revised proposal???

There are 2 options. Allow the trade (there's no real VALID reason not too) or don't allow it (for whatever trumped up reason).
Ben said he would submit a revised proposal.
12/2/2017 11:31 AM
Posted by pointfwd on 12/2/2017 11:23:00 AM (view original):

This exact trade has not been done before. Pls provide info. I have never seen someone with 2 top 9 picks in a draft league.
You haven’t been in a lot of draft leagues. There’s been a few ODL’s that had owners with two top 5 picks actually. I know both CJ and jhsukow have had two top five picks.
12/2/2017 12:08 PM

This has happened multiple times.

One example I can see is ODL 63 between cjok and bds ironically.

bds traded 1st, 5th and first 6th to cjok1051 for his 2nd, 3rd and 4th

Cjok ended up with picks 6 and 7
12/2/2017 12:08 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 12/2/2017 11:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by milest on 12/2/2017 10:39:00 AM (view original):

Revised proposal???

Ben said he would submit a revised proposal.
I gave you the revised proposal.

Please make a final decision on the original trade (which is fair and has been done before) and then if you decide to veto it, please make a decision on the revised proposal which includes the 4th round pick swap.

Whatever you choose we will abide by and then drop it.
12/2/2017 12:14 PM
Posted by jkaye24 on 12/2/2017 12:08:00 PM (view original):

This has happened multiple times.

One example I can see is ODL 63 between cjok and bds ironically.

bds traded 1st, 5th and first 6th to cjok1051 for his 2nd, 3rd and 4th

Cjok ended up with picks 6 and 7
I had 8 & 10 (not 2 top 9, I admit) in ODL64... I traded my 2 & 3 for a 1 & 6... I lost game 7 of the conference finals, but probably would have won if I had manged my team better... I agree that this current trade isn't a good one for CJ... But that's CJ's fault for giving up too much and not getting enough in return.. If Ben's trade with Bandit wasn't vetoed, I don't see how ANY trade can be vetoed....

BTW---- After seeing that BDS made that trade--- I find even more ludicrous that he's trying to veto this current trade
12/2/2017 12:25 PM
Hey guys not to be a buzz kill but I did create a new thread --- ODL 66 Trade Talk Etc. where we can freely discuss all of the ideas.

IMO it would be great if we could keep this thread to the draft.

Please don't be offended. I'm not the boss just trying to be helpful. Thanks
12/2/2017 1:59 PM
Posted by vancem on 12/2/2017 1:59:00 PM (view original):
Hey guys not to be a buzz kill but I did create a new thread --- ODL 66 Trade Talk Etc. where we can freely discuss all of the ideas.

IMO it would be great if we could keep this thread to the draft.

Please don't be offended. I'm not the boss just trying to be helpful. Thanks
Perfect dude. Thanks.
12/2/2017 2:13 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...28 Next ▸
ODL 66 (full) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.