FBD's 2000th Team Celebration ~The Party's Started Topic

the Four Brothers of the Coffee - - Valaika, Cron, Wong, Joseph
Mass - Pie Traynor, M. Cochrane, Rich GEDMAN, and no Mass team should be missing Mark Fidrych.

Stadium Astrodome - in memory of Oct 4 1992. Doug Harveys last game as an umpire. Tells the teams the game is by the book. He means it. Step out of the box... strike, TVs not back - who cares... pitch. Lets get this game going... Whole game 1:44 - players running onto the field. Pete Harnisch wins 3-0 over the LAD.
8/13/2020 12:20 PM (edited)
Posted by redcped on 8/10/2020 1:21:00 PM (view original):
Surely you all knew Ned Ryerson, though. Bing!

https://youtu.be/XqSYC_vwhDg
I am very sure my dad never saw that movie. He only watched westerns, though I clearly remember taking my dad to see The Godfather when I was in high school. I can't remember if he liked it. Probably not since John Wayne wasn't in it. LOL

When I asked him about Ground Hog Day he said it was only for tourists and locals hated it unless they were merchants or politicians.

He said if a ground hog came out to see its shadow he would shoot it. He said they were vermin and ruined crops.
8/11/2020 11:59 AM
Posted by dcates on 8/6/2020 9:37:00 PM (view original):
My math skills are due to notebooks full of SI BASEBALL stats and figuring odds on dice from same
OMG. Same here! I ve got all 216 probabilities ingrained in my head. I know almost every player in the all-time games hitting number vs. lefty and righty. As well as pitchers outs vs walks.

Honus Wagner 90/74. Rogers Hornsby 85/82 Ty Cobb 79/88...etc. The Babe home run on 34 both ways.

Whose the only other player with a home run on 34?
8/13/2020 11:51 PM
Posted by fatboydad54 on 8/11/2020 11:59:00 AM (view original):

I am very sure my dad never saw that movie. He only watched westerns, though I clearly remember taking my dad to see The Godfather when I was in high school. I can't remember if he liked it. Probably not since John Wayne wasn't in it. LOL

When I asked him about Ground Hog Day he said it was only for tourists and locals hated it unless they were merchants or politicians.

He said if a ground hog came out to see its shadow he would shoot it. He said they were vermin and ruined crops.
It is a really funny movie, though. Sorry dad missed that one.

Does raise the question of which is Bill Murray's best movie involving vermin? It's tough to beat Caddyshack, but I'm willing to hear arguments.
8/14/2020 12:10 AM
Posted by brucel on 8/7/2020 2:23:00 PM (view original):
I'll get in . Hard to pass this one up . Born in Salinas , California on Oct. 17 , 1938 , my father was born in 1894 . ( passed away in 1955 ) .
Joined the Navy 2 weeks after turning 17 , didn't finish H.S. . got my G.E.D. in 1957 . Joined in 2001 .
Dude, just noticed, we're both born on October 17... or as we know it around here, "Earthquake Day"
8/14/2020 1:41 PM
We have 29 out of 30 entered and ready...desperately need someone to join and enter team ASAP
8/24/2020 4:41 PM
I saw a needed team, so I threw the puzzle pieces together as quickly as I could after work this evening...

I'm Steven, born in St.Ignace, Michigan, but have spent most of my life in the Tampa, FL area.

Joined WIS in 2004, took an extended break in 2013, before coming back this spring.
Born June of 1979
Graduated 1997
Dad was born in 1953

The only 2 stadiums I've seen a MLB game in are Tropicana Field...was there on franchise opening day in 98 and Shea Stadium as part of a visit to NY with a good friend and his family in 2002 and again in 2003. Yankees were out of town both times, so no trip to Yankee Stadium.
8/24/2020 7:41 PM
Boy, talk about Johnny on the Spot...You are the Man, Thank you for stepping in. Here is a virtual cake for you.

8/24/2020 10:50 PM
Posted by redcped on 8/14/2020 12:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by fatboydad54 on 8/11/2020 11:59:00 AM (view original):

It is a really funny movie, though. Sorry dad missed that one.

Does raise the question of which is Bill Murray's best movie involving vermin? It's tough to beat Caddyshack, but I'm willing to hear arguments.
Ghostbusters count? Supernatural vermin. Zombieland too.
8/24/2020 11:00 PM

FatBoyDad in action...
8/25/2020 3:00 PM
On behalf of all APBA players out there... Congratulations FBD !
8/26/2020 6:45 AM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8
FBD's 2000th Team Celebration ~The Party's Started Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.