ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Simmy generated line-ups, using a DH, seldom make sense to me.    If you don't have a player listed with his primary position as DH, Simmy just seems to randomly place the best hitter, not starting in the field, there.    I've seen nothing from WifS that would explain this.
11/19/2014 8:13 AM
Sure enough, I set a primary DH and the recommended lineups changed to have MacDougal on the bench. Classic.

If you have a guy with slightly subpar defensive ratings for a 3B but has a solid bat, are you the type of owner to play him at 3B and take the errors or throw him in RF and watch the + plays gather?
11/19/2014 2:10 PM
I use failed C in RF so I'm not concerned with + plays in RF.    But it would depend on hos subpar his ratings were at 3B.    I'm not putting a sieve over there.
11/19/2014 2:49 PM
I played Hoops Dynasty a while ago. I lasted one season. It really wasn't my thing. Do I have to look at the HD logo and note telling me on my home page that I'm unemployed forever? Will it go away on its own?
11/21/2014 3:43 AM

I've been umemployed in three worlds far longer than you've been here.   It's a real downer.   You'd think I'd be able to find a job.

11/21/2014 6:59 AM
Do players go down in stats if they are 'waiting for assignment' for a long period of time?
11/21/2014 8:07 PM
What would you expect from a hitter with mid-90s power, contact and splits near 80, but an eye of 30?

Can an eye rating that low ruin a hitter?
11/22/2014 12:18 AM
They can but it's not because they're waiting assignment.   It's a natural rating regression for older players.  Since they can be WFA for 10 real life days, a progression/regression cycle could take place during those 30 HBD days.   They are also without coaching for that time so development won't happen.

I tried to find the guy I used, he had something like 80/85/80/75/12, but I forgot which team/what seasons.    He hit just fine, something like 280/300/525 but, obviously, his OBP was low.    Your guy should be something like that but his OBP will be a little higher.   A good guideline is 1 pt above BA for each point in eye rating.
11/22/2014 7:09 AM
If you, as a rookie MikeT23, could ask current, veteran Mike T23 any five questions that would cut three HBD seasons off of your learning curve, what would those five questions (and their accompanying answers) be?
11/23/2014 5:31 PM
Well, this is the Ask MIkeT23 thread so I can't very well ask myself questions.   But I can give 5 things I wish I understood better in my first season(even though this was it: 
Aaron CHR Crush 1 $99.4M 100-62 (.617) 1
)  But you should keep in mind that it was the first season in the first world of HBD so there was nothing to research.

1.  Options, 40 man roster and Rule 5(which I don't think was in place yet).   Essentially I was just putting anyone worthwhile on my 40 regardless of their service time.
2.  The importance of training budget in development.    I was a little late to the party.  S8 in MG before I went 20m.
3.  The importance of defense wrt helping your pitching.  Like everyone, I liked the guys that OPS'd .900 and found a spot for them to play.
4.  The value of role players.   Everyone wants the studs but, in good worlds, you have to make concessions.   If you can find a spot for a player no one wants, and he succeeds, you're ahead of the game.
5.  The ability to differentiate between "good" worlds and crap worlds.   Right now, that's the most important thing in HBD, IMO.  Back in the day, you just joined a world because you recognized a username in it.   It took about a year but I recognized that some worlds would wither and die.  I described them as 'tard worlds.   I started a thread and categorized worlds into 4 types for the future.    It came true.
11/23/2014 6:59 PM
Could you link that prophetic thread?
11/23/2014 7:06 PM
No.  Looks like the search engine only goes back to 2009.   I think HBD was created in 2006 and that post was made in 2007.
11/23/2014 7:12 PM
Do you find it a little strange that Marshall isn't ranked higher by AP/coaches and in the playoff conversation? Back when Boise was great, they'd be at least in the top 10 if they were undefeated at this point.
11/24/2014 2:01 PM
Not at all for the playoff conversation.    But I'd expect them to be a little higher in the other polls.  It took Boise State a few years to get in those conversations.   Marshall can't be there one year and expect the same.
11/24/2014 5:05 PM
If the CFP expanded to 8 teams, should Marshall get in THEN? 16?
11/25/2014 7:16 AM
◂ Prev 1...851|852|853|854|855...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.