TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by lostnfound74 on 5/22/2023 5:08:00 AM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 5/21/2023 8:45:00 AM (view original):
Naw, buddy. You are the insane party here. The biggest problem seems to be that you have learned little to nothing since you were THREE!!

You do NOT KNOW that there are two genders.
Because there are not.............there are many.

The rest of your "problems" with the NOW are just your own fear and bigotry rearing its big ugly head!!
And BTW...........you spend about 110% of your time on this site telling others what to think!!

Pot meet kettle!
You said:

'You do NOT KNOW that there are two genders.
Because there are not.............there are many. '

You are insane. Brainwashed. So I cannot have any kind of conversation with you.. about anything

The left OWNS you and you have no mind of your own. For some reason, I don't pity you

Have a good week
everything you said could easily be applied to you. Are you a biologist? How do you know there are just 2 genders. Maybe in your limited world view there are. That does not make it so.
You are brainwashed, the right owns you and you have no thoughts of your own...about anything.
I don't pity you either.
5/22/2023 2:48 PM
I also noticed you still have not given me any answers about how gay marriage or guys in drag hurts anyone. That's because it actually doesn't hurt anyone.
5/22/2023 2:49 PM
A kilt is a skirt.
5/22/2023 5:47 PM
Responding only to the idea that has been put forth here in the past concerning gender affirming care being the "best way" to deal with gender dysphoria in children.

In the US this idea is pushed as a settled fact and "treating" young people in this manner is becoming increasingly acceptable if not outright desirable.

We have no idea what the long term effects might be of pharmacologically "pausing" biology in this manner.

The UK and Europe in general were way ahead of us in this regard, but have changed their stance.

This is an article from one of the most respected peer reviewed publications in the world.

The Lancet:

The Editorial in The Lancet Child & Adolescent Health stated that trans youth “have the same right to health and wellbeing as all humans”. However what constitutes good health care for this population is far from clear based on the available evidence.
From the Editorial and Baams’ related Comment,
readers might perceive that administering gonadotropin hormone-releasing hormone (GnRH) analogues (also known as puberty blockers) to young people with gender dysphoria is a proven, life-saving treatment akin to giving insulin to type 1 diabetics.
Baams’ assertion that puberty blockers prevent suicidality can be traced to a paper by Turban and colleagues, which has been thoroughly critiqued by others, so instead we ask: what is the evidence that the benefits of puberty blockers outweigh the harms?

The statement that puberty blockers improve the mental health of young people with gender dysphoria stems from a seminal study by de Vries and colleagues in 2011.

However, the population studied—ie, youth with gender dysphoria beginning in early childhood and no significant co-occurring mental health difficulties—markedly differs from the population today, which is characterised by post-pubescent young people reporting a trans identity for the first time, often in the context of significant mental health problems.
This difference raises the question of whether this study is still applicable to the majority of currently presenting cases.

Further, the magnitude of the post-treatment improvements in mental health was small. The depression (Beck Depression Inventory) scores improved by around 3 out of 63 points, and the global function (Children's Global Assessment Scale) scores improved by around 4 out of 100 points, and other measures of psychological health had similar improvements of marginal clinical significance—or no improvement at all.

Such modest gains have to be carefully weighed against the risks of puberty blockers to bone health and fertility, and the uncertainty of the long-term health effects of interrupting puberty.

The absence of a control group in de Vries's study made it impossible to determine whether the reported psychological improvements were related to the medical interventions or the psychological interventions that all study participants received (or other factors, such as time).

A study of 14 young people with gender dysphoria who were rejected from puberty suppression due to “psychological or environmental factors” found that at follow-up 1–7 years after the original application, 11 of 14 did not feel any regret about not undergoing gender confirmation.

This result is significant, because most youth who receive puberty blockers proceed to the full medical protocol of gender-affirming care; for example, one UK study showed that 43 (98%) of 44 patients aged 12–15 years proceeded to start hormone therapy after 3 years of taking puberty blockers.
This same study, which to date is the only attempt to replicate de Vries and colleagues, found “no evidence of change in psychological function with GnRHa treatment“, including measures of distress and self-harm.

There is growing acknowledgment worldwide that the practice of providing gender-affirming care for youth is far from settled science.

A systematic review by UK's National Institute for Health and Care Excellence found that in youth with gender dysphoria there was “little change with GnRH analogues from baseline to follow-up” in gender dysphoria, mental health, body image, and psychosocial impact.
The study concluded that the reported psychological improvements are “either of questionable clinical value, or the studies themselves are not reliable and changes could be due to confounding, bias or chance”.

All authors are board members of the Society for Evidence Based Gender Medicine. ME was a witness in the Keira Bell judicial review; his wife Susan Evans initiated the review and was a witness. Neither received any financial benefit from involvement in the case.
What is most troubling is how easy it is to go down this road in some locales. Planned Parenthood is, unsurprisingly, at the forefront of pushing for affirming care with no parental notice or consent required.

Furthermore, many parents are being "counceled" that harboring reservations about getting their child the "help" they need could very likely lead to an increased risk of suicide.

They are demonized for questioning this method of "helping" their child.

Based on the limited understanding and lack of academic study on the effects of these treatments, to guilt parents in this way is nothing more than agenda driven ideology and identity politics run amok.
5/22/2023 8:37 PM (edited)
Suicide rates for kids who are not able to get this care is alarmingly high and getting even more so with all of the evil hatred coming that way.

Parents have an absolute right to make life affirming decisions in the breach of potential suicide or other serious physical and emotional harm.

We are living in a brave new world and those not in the play should not be trying to change the script.

I could care less what some people who have no first hand knowledge of these issues or even have kids believe about this.

Entitled to their belief and the right to use their megaphone absolutely but being moral avatars - not in my opinion.

Every generation has its challenges to hysteria and bigotry and forced religious beliefs and the the people serving it up very rarely come around. They get outlived as progress takes 2 steps forward and 1 step back from generation to generation.
5/22/2023 9:50 PM
The NHS is to close the UK's only dedicated gender identity clinic for children and young people. Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust has been told to shut the clinic by spring after it was criticised in an independent review.

Over 1000 of the roughly 19000 children who were treated there are now suing the clinic.

World's Largest Pediatric Gender Clinic Shut Down Due To Poor Evidence, Risk of Harm and Operational Failures
Treatment for gender dysphoria will be provided by established children's hospitals and will no longer be siloed under the "affirmative care" model.

Again, when considering such drastic measures we should not be so quick to engage without proper reservation and scrutiny.

You can distort as much as you want, but the fact is to declare that this is the right road to be going down is uninformed and as yet still unproven.

Refusing to acknowledge the conclusions of one of the world's most respected peer reviewed publications is not wise.
5/22/2023 10:18 PM (edited)
There is no surgery for minors allowed in the United States and that is the locale of my interest. What happens elsewhere is not of my discussion and is not relevant to the United States OR MY COMMENTS. I know of no clamoring for minors getting surgery here.
Hormone treatment is reversible
5/22/2023 10:12 PM (edited)
But puberty blockers are increasingly commonplace and in light of how little we know that's troublesome.

The rush to validate without serious investigation as to what other psychological diagnosis may be contributing factors is one of the biggest issues.
And I could never support minors getting surgery under any circumstances here there or timbuck2.
That is anathema to me.
Only adults should be allowed to make that decision.
The United States has it right.

Productive understanding counseling and hormone treatment when decided leads to a much safer and well intentioned decision for the adult.
Posted by bruceleefan on 5/22/2023 10:18:00 PM (view original):
But puberty blockers are increasingly commonplace and in light of how little we know that's troublesome.

The rush to validate without serious investigation as to what other psychological diagnosis may be contributing factors is one of the biggest issues.
Wrong. Don’t worry so much.
5/22/2023 10:19 PM
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 5/22/2023 10:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bruceleefan on 5/22/2023 10:18:00 PM (view original):

Wrong. Don’t worry so much.
To dismiss the crisis doesn't alleviate the crisis

Did you even read the publication?
It doesn't appear that you did.
5/22/2023 10:22 PM (edited)
prove it's a crisis

you used the word crisis

330M americans

where's the crisis

even with illegitimate deranged politically inspired faux numbers can the number approach 33M

i wanna see your numbers

prove it's a crisis
5/22/2023 10:30 PM
Why do I need to read a publication about England when I am talking about my home town.
5/22/2023 10:40 PM
◂ Prev 1...869|870|871|872|873...922 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.