ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Posted by frymaster99 on 2/20/2015 6:27:00 PM (view original):
At what point does it stop giving you a pick for a draftee that didn't sign with your initial offer? I thought I remember reading 5th round somewhere but honestly have no clue. I've got a 34th overall pick that has the red X with a "Refused Offer, Won't Sign This Season" and then I have the 532nd overall pick with a blue X that says "Rejected." 

Furthermore, for the 34th overall pick, does that signify the potential for him to be included in next year's draft, or the Free Agent pool at the beginning of the season, or neither?
Do you get the compensation for supplemental picks? I thought 34 means that you don't get a pick next year? Unless I'm misunderstanding what frymaster said.
2/23/2015 4:44 PM
I was making the assumption that his pick was not a supplemental pick.   i.e. at least two teams in front of him rec'd comp picks for not signing their #1.

You aren't supposed to get comp picks for supp picks but owners have.   Not sure why.
2/23/2015 4:53 PM
A SS for example commits 15 errors but has 15 plus plays and no minus plays, does one negate the other more or less in terms of benefit and negativity to his team?
2/23/2015 8:02 PM (edited)
The star next to the pick means it's supplemental, right? If that's the case I'm sad because I had the 33rd pick too, both came as a result of a Type A leaving my team and getting signed but only the 34th one has the star.
2/23/2015 8:36 PM
Yeah, that's sort of how I look at it.

The asterisk means it's a sandwich pick.
2/23/2015 9:15 PM
So, sandwich picks don't count for the next draft if the pick doesn't sign? Or they do? I guess I'm confused as to the difference between a sandwich pick and a supplemental pick.
2/23/2015 9:26 PM
You're not supposed to get a comp pick for anything but a natural pick.    But I've seen owners get them.   Not sure why.
2/23/2015 10:44 PM
 Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Morrie Whitfield  Have you ever saw a guy this dedicated to make it to the ML.   A 9 season gap between chances...44 years old and still on the FA market. Rating of 4.  Did not play between seasons 17-26...and yet still trying to get on the big league club at 44 years old!
2/24/2015 3:43 AM
This guy:  http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=423563&page=1   Unfortunately, I didn't get him in a BL game and he's gone forever.   That said, not playing between S17 and S26 would lead most guys to retire.   You gotta sign him.
2/24/2015 8:28 AM
I have a few AAA guys I inherited that I am not sure what to do with. Perhaps they are career AAA guys. What are some suggestions as far as getting any ML utility out of them?

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Zach Stammen
Good splits and control with 3 good pitches. 55 Durability and 10 stamina are pretty bad though...

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Al Perez
Same kinda guy as Stammen. Elite control with very good vL and punchout ability. 55 Dur/13 Stam

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Pepe Valentin
Pretty ordinary against vR. Overall though, the control and vL seem usable. 5th starter?

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Kosuke Funaki
This guy is the most marginal of all. I assume this guy would probably end up as cannon fodder?

2/24/2015 9:47 PM

ZS is BL quality.   Even if you can't carry him during the regular season, he's a good roster expansion/playoff guy.   Once he's out of options, send him thru revocable waivers every year.  Call him up if he clears(you'll be able to demote him), leave him down if he doesn't.

AP is sort of an emergency pitcher.  Worth keeping on your 40, probably not worth a full BL roster spot.

PV is the same as AP.

KF, AP, PV, same usage.

2/25/2015 10:19 AM
what happens to a player, drafted in the first round, who does not get an offer? someone who had his mind set on college, asked for a ton. where does he go?
2/25/2015 10:23 AM

Deep space.    The only players who'll show up next season are college seniors.    As FA.

2/25/2015 10:34 AM
Mike - would ZS be a SU A guy? Or how would you use him?
2/25/2015 12:07 PM

I don't use closers so SuA is the only option.   I'd set him 10/15 with 8th inning entry.   That way he might give you a good late inning appearance.

2/25/2015 1:58 PM
◂ Prev 1...881|882|883|884|885...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.