2011 Stanley Cup Champions Thread Topic

Wow, quite obsessive about me in my absense here.

Of course you should focus on the negative. They're the worst playoff team ever!

*****, moan, complain without merit.

It's what some of you do best.

Christ you're ******** about an exhibition game!!!!

Morons.
1/29/2008 9:06 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
1/29/2008 9:08 PM
Thomas: Stops 37 of 38 shots as the Bruins win 3-1. He throws some punches at JP Dumont for running him over in the crease, leading to a scrum that got the Bruins a 2 man advantage.

They've now won 5 out of 7. Thomas is 5-2 with a 2.33 GAA and a .926 save % in January. Despite the "4th worst shots against", Thomas has begun to steal games by himself. Which EVERY ONE OF YOU has said ad nauseam that he can't do. Because he "flops" and "gives up goals in an exhibition game", you mindlessly bash him.

Yet another "4th liner" has a good game in Metropolit who scores twice. Both of them assisted by Lucic who looked pretty damn solid in the rookies game.

Sturm scores his 17th of the season which leads the team. That's 6 goals in his last 8 games.

Again, I'm a homer and view things through "Black and Gold Glasses" because I look at the positives in these things??

Get over yourselves. Seriously
1/29/2008 9:23 PM
Wow, have we hit the trade deadline yet? I didn't realize that. Let's see where the Bruins are at the deadline before you proclaim my prediction as being wrong.
As for the other predictions....time will tell. However, right now they are 7th in the conference, and only 1 point from being out of the playoffs, so let's not go acting like they're world-beaters here. If they can't beat the Habs, they're not going anywhere.
1/29/2008 9:24 PM
Midseason==trade deadline?

Not um. halfway through the season?

They've played 50 of 82 games man. Time to stop acting like it's early in the season.

And who the fukk said worldbeaters?

Not ONCE have I said anything you can refute. NOT ONCE.

So just avoid the topic and put words in my mouth. That way you can have the conversation with yourself I guess. I'm done.
1/29/2008 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By GimpyMcGee on 1/29/2008Thomas: Stops 37 of 38 shots as the Bruins win 3-1. He throws some punches at JP Dumont for running him over in the crease, leading to a scrum that got the Bruins a 2 man advantage.

They've now won 5 out of 7. Thomas is 5-2 with a 2.33 GAA and a .926 save % in January. Despite the "4th worst shots against", Thomas has begun to steal games by himself. Which EVERY ONE OF YOU has said ad nauseam that he can't do. Because he "flops" and "gives up goals in an exhibition game", you mindlessly bash him.

Yet another "4th liner" has a good game in Metropolit who scores twice. Both of them assisted by Lucic who looked pretty damn solid in the rookies game.

Sturm scores his 17th of the season which leads the team. That's 6 goals in his last 8 games.

Again, I'm a homer and view things through "Black and Gold Glasses" because I look at the positives in these things??

Get over yourselves. Seriousl
Thomas "stole" a game (your words, not mine) against the 10th best team in the Western Conference, a team with a nearly identical record to the Bruins. Yeah, that's a great thing to go on his list of accomplishments tis season.

They've still given up more goals than they've scored. That formula usually doesn't add up to too much success.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid there Gimpy.
1/29/2008 9:30 PM
Alright, I lied.

Every single positive thing I say, You'll diminish. You actually took the time to look up the standings of Nashville to make sure the win 'wasn't against anyone good'. That's amazingly sad.

Every needless fukkin nitpick you come up with, it's #1 Valid comment of all time. You will listen to NO reason when it comes to arguing against your little fact, and that is quite obvious.

It's POINTLESS talking to a contrarian, bitter, snobbish person like you about ANY topic, this I'm sure of. If you don't like other people's opinions or facts, you present something else and ignore the rest. It's fine. It's the age of the internet.

Anyone with a keyboard can spend massive amounts of time being negative about EVERYTHING they can find. Those who don't feel that way and look for positives in teams they follow, are "naive" and called "sheep".

Carry on being a negative d!ck to everyone who doesn't look at everything as pessimisticly as possible. I'm sure it's very fulfilling.
1/29/2008 9:37 PM
In the NHL, there are the two #1 seeds, and then there are 23 friggin teams between 50 and 61 points.

1. * Ottawa 50 66
2. * Philadelphia 48 59
3. * Carolina 52 52
4. Montreal 49 60
5. New Jersey 49 59
6. Pittsburgh 49 58
7. Boston 49 55
8. NY Islanders 50 54
9. NY Rangers 51 54
10. Washington 50 51
11. Atlanta 52 50
12. Florida 51 49
13. Buffalo 48 48
14. Toronto 51 48
15. Tampa Bay 50 45

The teams below Boston are just soooooo much better!! They all have elite goalies and are playing so much better then Boston has been!!! We're doomed!! Pittsburgh won't miss Crosby at all!! Ty "Choke-in" Conklin will continue to be awesome ever since you bashed him!! They can't be caught!

Or, the Bruins have done amazingly well despite their major injuries. They gotten blown out at times by giving up too many shots. AND they've gutted their way to as many wins as ANYONE, including YOU, could have hoped for. They're winning with fillin rookies and scrappy, lower-level-talent players. Instead of having appreciation for their SUCCEEDING, you rant about things you can't change, like the OFFSEASON/PRESEASON ROSTER. They're the THIRD SEED in the East if they're in the Southeast.

Excuse the fukk out of me for thinking them getting healthy AND making a trade to help the offense could bump them UP the standings, instead of the "obvious freefall" you're BANKING ON.

You'll have a whole thread of stupidity to look back on should they even MAKE the playoffs, never mind possibly host a home playoff series.

And of course, if they lose more players, losses pile up, and they do miss the playoffs, you can do imaginary high-fives with your imaginary friends for "being right!!" about a team you supposedly root for.
1/29/2008 10:00 PM
Maybe I'm spoiled by the success of the other Boston teams, or the success I remember the Bruins having for decades. Maybe I'm just sick of this team being mediocre or worse for the past 15 years. The fact is, no matter how you want to spin it, this is NOT a very good team. They have very little talent, and there isn't a whole lot of help on the farm. They need a complete overhaul, and management won't do that for fear of hitting rock-bottom (AGAIN) and alienating what few fans still show up to the games.
Getting Glen Murray and P.J. Axelsson back is not going to suddenly make this team rise in the standings, and if you honestly think they're going to get home ice, then you've had even more of the Kool-Aid than I thought.
Ty Choke-lin earned that name at UNH 7 years ago. That's not anything new from me. They'd be third if they were in the Southeast? Last time I checked, they were in the Northeast, so that's irrelevant.
I won't be "high-fiving" anyone if they miss the playoffs. Honestly, I hoped my predictions were wrong. I want this team to return to it's old glory. But, I'm a realist, and I know hockey. I could see early on that this team didn't have what it takes to be a contender, and the injuries made things even worse. You're the only one here who can't see that this team isn't good. You're the type of fan management loves, the one who will blindly follow them and assume everything is fine. I used to be that way. A decade of crappy teams has a way of changing your view.
I have friends that have been Montreal fans forever. We were discussing the Bruins/Habs disaster from last week with one and his comment was "Beating the Bruins isn't as much fun lately because it's like watching the varsity team take on the JV squad. Maybe the Bruins will use their lottery picks the next few years on impact players so that they can be relevant again within a few years"
Don't believe me? Ask any of the hockey regulars on here how I feel about the Bruins.
1/29/2008 10:15 PM
In fact, after games vs. Ottawa and Detroit back to back (which I'm sure you'll freak out about if they lose both of those), they play the following in February:

Buffalo
@Buffalo
Florida
Carolina
@Pittsburgh
@Toronto
@Carolina
@Florida
@Tampa Bay
Ottawa
Pittsburgh

They play everyone they need to stay ahead of, or catch up to this month. They're in 7th place with 55 points.

End of February, they'll be 5th.

Period.

1/29/2008 10:17 PM
And that's bullsh!t about "blindly following them".

I'm watching them PLAY THE GAMES!!

You've not said one thing that makes me think you're even watching them!

You look at shot totals and %s only when it helps your cause, and IGNORE intangibles when brought up.

But you're on the "I saw right away" tip still.

It's EASY to say that pre-season. You're sitting here PREDICTING WITHOUT FAIL how they're going to do in the next 30 games when you've been completely incorrect about the 1st 50.

And I'm supposed to "take your word"???

You're spouting OPINIONS and calling them FACTS!

So I'll do the same I guess.

Again I ask, get over yourself. You aren't the endall-beall of all fandom because you rant about the ownership.

I choose to support the PLAYERS who PLAY.

Your ownership agenda and pessimistic excuse for being a fan are NONFACTORS in how they play.

Believe it or not.
1/29/2008 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By GimpyMcGee on 1/29/2008
In fact, after games vs. Ottawa and Detroit back to back (which I'm sure you'll freak out about if they lose both of those), they play the following in February:

Buffalo
@Buffalo
Florida
Carolina
@Pittsburgh
@Toronto
@Carolina
@Florida
@Tampa Bay
Ottawa
Pittsburgh

They play everyone they need to stay ahead of, or catch up to this month. They're in 7th place with 55 points.

End of February, they'll be 5th.

Period.

By 5th, you mean in the lottery, right? They'll be lucky to go .500 in February.
1/29/2008 10:22 PM
Which you said before this month. I GUARANTEE you did.

Again, it'll be here for posterity.

I doubt you'll be discussing much if I'm correct.
1/29/2008 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By jaydenw31 on 1/29/2008
Quote: Originally Posted By sergei91 on 1/28/2008

and looking like a giant fool during the youngstars game too
Oh, I thought you guys were talking about Osgood!

him too
1/30/2008 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By sergei91 on 1/23/2008
BRUINS SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKK
1/30/2008 6:56 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...73 Next ▸
2011 Stanley Cup Champions Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.