STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2009-10 Topic

Thornton will disappear like usual in the biggest game of the year for his team..big reg season points but i doubt youll even notice him tomorrow..Bruin Management snowed the Sharks in that deal.I wonder if Luongo and Thornton were seperated at birth?
5/23/2010 2:52 AM
If the Hawks win 5 more game in this playoff season, then there is NO doubt they'll be considered the best Hawk team of all-time. You can have all the great teams of the 60's....the year they won it in 1961, they were a 3rd place club. Yeah, the league only had 6 teams, but 3rd out of 6 is still 3rd out of 6, no matter the talent. This team is better.
5/23/2010 11:07 AM
Jeremy Roenick can eat a wet bag of crap.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/news/story?id=5205208

Yeah, the link needs to be cut and pasted, but that's Firefox's fault, not mine. Basically, crybaby roenick still holds a grudge against the Hawks for getting rid of him in 1996. Why hold a grudge against two guys...Dollar Bill and Bob Pulford...who are long gone from the organization? The new regime would LOVE to welcome Roenick back like they've done with other Hawks of the past.

Get over it, ya big baby and enjoy the Cup run.
5/23/2010 2:24 PM
Well, here we are...the Stanley Cup finals!! Niemi and Co have quieted the doubters and we are playing about as well as we can. There is no doubt that we are the prohibitive favorites to win it all. 4 more wins to glory and me blubbering like an idiot.
5/23/2010 6:12 PM
The question of the hour: Does Hossa lose 3 straight?
5/23/2010 6:22 PM
Only a hater would ask that.
5/23/2010 6:26 PM
Fine job by the Hawks.....Enjoy the finals, muddy.
5/23/2010 8:27 PM
Thanks, dude. I'm hoping for the Cup and a sweet new tattoo to commemorate the occasion.
5/23/2010 8:33 PM
Congrats Hawks nation.....If the Flyers are in the finals vs. you, I have to say right now.....I cheer for the underdogs....lol

If you play the Habs......I cheer for the favorites...

Good Luck either way...
5/23/2010 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By ntbaer on 5/23/2010The question of the hour: Does Hossa lose 3 straight
Third time LUCKY???
5/23/2010 8:53 PM
Hossa is only the 3rd player in the major 4 sports to go to 3 straight finals series with 3 different teams. Don Baylor and Eric Hinske are the others. Pretty elite feat.
5/23/2010 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By randle44 on 5/16/2010 What is it with a lot of Hawk fans also loving the Canadians
It's all about the Original 6 match up possibility.
5/23/2010 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by banned_muddy on 5/23/2010Jeremy Roenick can eat a wet bag of crap.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/news/story?id=5205208

Yeah, the link needs to be cut and pasted, but that's Firefox's fault, not mine. Basically, crybaby roenick still holds a grudge against the Hawks for getting rid of him in 1996. Why hold a grudge against two guys...Dollar Bill and Bob Pulford...who are long gone from the organization? The new regime would LOVE to welcome Roenick back like they've done with other Hawks of the past.

Get over it, ya big baby and enjoy the Cup run.

Muddy, JR has been my favorite player since he came into the league and I gotta say, it's a little unfair to criticize him for basically being honest. All he says is that he loves both Philly and Chicago fans, and both cities, but if you actually put a gun to his head, he'd choose Philly. Anyone who remembers how excited and happy he was to go to the Flyers can tell how much he loved playing for that organization. He also loved playing for the Hawks, who have indeed welcomed him back into the fold as evidenced by their Jeremy Roenick tribute night they had back in November when they played the Sharks at the UC.

The bottom line is that in a world of cookie cutter interview answers and boring quotes, all he did in this case was be honest about how he feels as he always has. I don't see anything wrong with that.
5/24/2010 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by banned_muddy on 5/23/2010Hossa is only the 3rd player in the major 4 sports to go to 3 straight finals series with 3 different teams. Don Baylor and Eric Hinske are the others. Pretty elite feat.

Thanks for the info. I was just asking a friend if anyone else had done it.
5/24/2010 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by banned_muddy on 5/23/2010Only a hater would ask that.

Actually, I want the Hawks to win, especially if it's against Philly.
5/24/2010 4:45 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...249 Next ▸
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2009-10 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.