Derek favors
Favors was selected by Morph earlier this round
1/18/2022 5:47 PM
Re pick greg Monroe
1/18/2022 5:54 PM
proxy for samuelyork93: Paul Millsap

my pick: Brook Lopez
1/18/2022 6:00 PM
I'm so confused as to why we start from the top in round 5; it should just keep snaking. Being in the bottom half is a massive disadvantage, and I've drafted from top-5 & top-10 positions as well as bottom-5 and bottom-10 positions. Obviously it shouldn't change for this draft; that's sour grapes on my part; but for future drafts, it definitely should.

The round 3 flip bottom to top makes a ton of sense, but it should just snake from there on out. Having a top-5 or top-10 (depending on decade) is such a huge edge; I think it neutralizes after the first flip in round 3; we don't need more flips after that. Maybe others disagree (or agree?)
1/18/2022 6:04 PM
Bobby portis
1/18/2022 6:12 PM
Bobby portis
1/18/2022 6:12 PM
Khris Middleton
1/18/2022 6:14 PM
Posted by deer454 on 1/18/2022 6:06:00 PM (view original):
I'm so confused as to why we start from the top in round 5; it should just keep snaking. Being in the bottom half is a massive disadvantage, and I've drafted from top-5 & top-10 positions as well as bottom-5 and bottom-10 positions. Obviously it shouldn't change for this draft; that's sour grapes on my part; but for future drafts, it definitely should.

The round 3 flip bottom to top makes a ton of sense, but it should just snake from there on out. Having a top-5 or top-10 (depending on decade) is such a huge edge; I think it neutralizes after the first flip in round 3; we don't need more flips after that. Maybe others disagree (or agree?)
Was thinking the exact same thing. My previous 2 drafts in this league I was drafting towards the top so likely did not notice, but being at the bottom of the draft, I see it is a pretty big disadvantage.
1/18/2022 6:15 PM

I agree and have been thinking the same thing for a while. It doesn't make sense to me that teams that pick in the top half of the first round (a huge advantage for the reasons listed above) also pick in the top half in three of the first five rounds (which is theoretically your starting five) and also pick in the top half in the first double pick round in round nine. Anecdotal evidence seems to indicate that teams that teams that pick high often finish higher in the standings.

So I agree that it seems like ABBABABABA would be the most fair moving forward. Just my $0.02.
1/18/2022 6:22 PM
Posted by prydeen3 on 1/18/2022 6:22:00 PM (view original):

I agree and have been thinking the same thing for a while. It doesn't make sense to me that teams that pick in the top half of the first round (a huge advantage for the reasons listed above) also pick in the top half in three of the first five rounds (which is theoretically your starting five) and also pick in the top half in the first double pick round in round nine. Anecdotal evidence seems to indicate that teams that teams that pick high often finish higher in the standings.

So I agree that it seems like ABBABABABA would be the most fair moving forward. Just my $0.02.
Absolutely agree
1/18/2022 6:28 PM
Demarcus Cousins
1/18/2022 6:48 PM
Danny Green
1/18/2022 7:10 PM
I absolutely agree. I sent a site mail to amerk earlier regarding this. I am hoping that this can be corrected prior to us drafting the 5th round.
1/18/2022 7:59 PM
Since we’re talking about it, yeah, I assumed the draft was ABBABABABA. If we don’t change it before the beginning of round 5 I understand, but I would vote for changing it.
1/18/2022 8:06 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...28 Next ▸
Decade Draft League 32--DONE drafting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.