Should KC plunk Bautista because he's a jerk? Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 7/1/2016 7:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/1/2016 7:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 7/1/2016 7:20:00 PM (view original):
Because I pointed out you're wrong? Do a lot of women point out your stupidity while they're menstruating?
Because you wrote three paragraphs for a meaningless distinction. Seems like something a chick on her period would do.
Not really. Jtpsops is like a retarded child. There's really no winning that fight.
7/1/2016 8:27 PM
It's cute that you just blindly return the insults people use against you, with no merit whatsoever.

"I know you are, but what am I??"
"I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you!!!"

If you want, we can put it to a vote. But I think it's pretty obvious who the "retarded child" is in here.
7/1/2016 8:55 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 7/1/2016 8:55:00 PM (view original):
It's cute that you just blindly return the insults people use against you, with no merit whatsoever.

"I know you are, but what am I??"
"I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you!!!"

If you want, we can put it to a vote. But I think it's pretty obvious who the "retarded child" is in here.
See what I mean?
7/1/2016 8:58 PM
Nope. Can you explain it to me?
7/1/2016 8:59 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 7/1/2016 8:59:00 PM (view original):
Nope. Can you explain it to me?
Not talking to you. How's that babe ruth treating you?
7/1/2016 9:00 PM
What do you think this argument is really about?
7/1/2016 9:01 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/1/2016 8:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 7/1/2016 7:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/1/2016 7:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 7/1/2016 7:20:00 PM (view original):
Because I pointed out you're wrong? Do a lot of women point out your stupidity while they're menstruating?
Because you wrote three paragraphs for a meaningless distinction. Seems like something a chick on her period would do.
Not really. Jtpsops is like a retarded child. There's really no winning that fight.
More self-analysis!

You're getting to be really good at this! You've finally found your talent!!!
7/1/2016 9:04 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 7/1/2016 9:01:00 PM (view original):
What do you think this argument is really about?
About how much you love babe Ruth candy bars.
7/1/2016 9:08 PM
How much do you think I love them? And what is the run-value of a Baby Ruth (not Babe, you half-wit) over a Snickers?
7/1/2016 9:11 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/1/2016 11:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 7/1/2016 9:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/1/2016 8:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 7/1/2016 7:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/1/2016 7:06:00 AM (view original):
What if it was Edgar Martinez instead of Mike Trout? Would you want him to try to get a hit or just take his walk?
This is where it gets really uncomfortable for BL. I expect him to either avoid the question, or try to divert the discussion.
Why would that uncomfortable? All hitters are at the plate trying to get a hit.
Are they?

Have you ever seen a hitter take a called third strike on a pitch around the edge of the strike zone? Was he trying to get a hit by not swinging?
It isn't special insight. But then people ask questions like this and it becomes apparent that it also isn't common sense.
Of course he has never 'seen' it. He's never played the game and doesn't watch it. He reads stats.
7/2/2016 10:27 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/1/2016 2:11:00 PM (view original):
And we land in semantic land.

Obviously all all hitters go up to the plate with the intention of getting a hit. Sometimes they draw a walk instead.

I would disagree with your last sentence, though. Other than for a sac bunt, I don't think hitters are ever trying for an out instead of a hit.
"Obviously all all hitters go up to the plate with the intention of getting a hit"

Last night, in the 4th inning of the Mets/Cubs game, a curious thing happened. Wilmer Flores was on 1st base with one out. Travis d'Arnaud singled to left, and Flores went to second.

Then Jacob DeGrom came to the plate. HE bunted! d'Arnaud and Flores advanced to 2nd and third respectively. Then Brandon Nimmo hit a 3 run HR right after.

Did Jacob DeGrom go up to the plate there with an intention of getting a hit?
7/2/2016 10:44 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/1/2016 10:16:00 AM (view original):
This is obviously going to degrade into a semantics argument, but every major league hitter (save for some pitchers) goes up to the plate with the intention of getting a hit.

A large part of that plan is swinging at the right pitch.
Maybe read the thread next time, SJ.
7/2/2016 10:50 AM
Oh right, so - "Obviously all all hitters go up to the plate with the intention of getting a hit" actually means " Obviously all all hitters go up to the plate with the intention of getting a hit" except for "some pitchers.

Got it.

Hey, this is weird. Top of the first in a game between the Indians and White Sox on 6/12, Merrifield was on second. First pitch, Alicides Escobar squares up and hits a foul ball. Second pitch, he bunts down the third base line. Merrifield goes to third.

In this situation, it seems that Escobar was - not - going for the hit. And he was never entertaining it.

So perhaps it should be"

"Obviously all all hitters go up to the plate with the intention of getting a hit"
*except for "some pitchers"
**except in situations where KC has a runner on second with no outs in the top of the first and Alicedes Escobar at bat.

At ALL other times, the batter MUST be going up with an intention to get a hit. That must be it.

7/2/2016 1:13 PM
Posted by sjpoker on 7/2/2016 1:13:00 PM (view original):
Oh right, so - "Obviously all all hitters go up to the plate with the intention of getting a hit" actually means " Obviously all all hitters go up to the plate with the intention of getting a hit" except for "some pitchers.

Got it.

Hey, this is weird. Top of the first in a game between the Indians and White Sox on 6/12, Merrifield was on second. First pitch, Alicides Escobar squares up and hits a foul ball. Second pitch, he bunts down the third base line. Merrifield goes to third.

In this situation, it seems that Escobar was - not - going for the hit. And he was never entertaining it.

So perhaps it should be"

**except in situations where KC has a runner on second with no outs in the top of the first and Alicedes Escobar at bat.

At ALL other times, the batter MUST be going up with an intention to get a hit. That must be it.

Hey this is strange. Pirates/Cardinals. May 7th, 3-2 Cards in the top of the 7th. Josh Harrison on second. No outs. Jordy Mercer comes up. Obviously squares to bunt. Bunts down the right field line. Harrison gets to third.

Hmm. Didn't look like an attempt to bunt to get a hit.

So perhaps it should be

**except in situations where KC has a runner on second with no outs in the top of the first and Alcides Escobar at bat.
***except in situations where Josh Harrison hit a leadoff double in a tight game in the 7th inning with no outs and Jordy Mercer is at bat.

7/2/2016 1:36 PM
Posted by sjpoker on 7/2/2016 1:13:00 PM (view original):

Got it.

So perhaps it should be"

That is weird. I didn't think teams could just borrow another team's SS to lay down a sac bunt.
7/2/2016 1:37 PM
◂ Prev 1...96|97|98|99|100...106 Next ▸
Should KC plunk Bautista because he's a jerk? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.