Season 112 Shows Topic

Show will be at 4PM EST. Yatzr will be joining us. 
6/24/2015 11:26 PM
Did this show happen today or when is it?
6/25/2015 4:37 PM
Whoops! Sorry. Show is at 4PM on Friday. I was tired last night lol. 
6/25/2015 4:37 PM
No problem, just wasn't sure!
6/25/2015 5:08 PM
I'm going to stop listening to the dawn of a season rankings because it is a given that you pick Texas every season. Every season you have done these ranking Texas is the top pick and still hasn't won a championship. How bout mixing it up a bit. It gets old hearing the same thing every season. Just my opinion.
6/26/2015 10:20 PM
I enjoyed your show today CJ.  I will be an every show listener now that I have made it to 1-AA.  It will take a few seasons, but I hope to be hearing about my team once I get it built the way I want it.  Thanks for all the work you put into this.
6/26/2015 11:25 PM
Great show CJ!! Yatzr was great and I wouldn't have guessed in a million years he got his inspiration for the name from Yasar Arafat - hilarious:)
6/27/2015 12:08 AM
Posted by cfbfan18 on 6/26/2015 10:20:00 PM (view original):
I'm going to stop listening to the dawn of a season rankings because it is a given that you pick Texas every season. Every season you have done these ranking Texas is the top pick and still hasn't won a championship. How bout mixing it up a bit. It gets old hearing the same thing every season. Just my opinion.
It's just a power ranking. It has no effect on the actual game. 

I've mentioned before that I have a specific system that I use to rank teams. Some schools match up very well with my system, others don't. However, my system has been very accurate over recent seasons. When I whiff, I own up to it at the end of the season. 

It should also be noted that 1A is not easy to predict. Most teams in the top 10-15 can beat each other on any given game. I don't take into account past seasons because they don't matter to me. Just because Texas hasn't won a championship recently, doesn't mean they aren't a great team and deserving of a #1 ranking. I'm not going to mix it up just because they consistently gain the #1 ranking, I'll mix it up once I see a team that I think is better. I told everyone at the end of last season that Texas' best year would be 112. Shouldn't have been a surprise. 

I love doing the show for you guys but I don't do it to make you feel better. Everything I do is out of complete and brutal honesty. I hope that doesn't offend anyone, it's just the way I'm wired. 

Best of luck to you this season, 

CJ 
6/27/2015 12:29 AM
Cj, what you do is great, so tune out the haters. You've got a great following that is building by the day and I can truly say I look forward to your shows. Do I agree with everything? No - but you're spot on most of the time and have given me numerous amounts of things to consider that have helped give me some additional ideas I probably wouldn't have considered before.

Keep doing your thing my friend:)
6/27/2015 2:13 PM
Posted by chetty1963 on 6/27/2015 2:13:00 PM (view original):
Cj, what you do is great, so tune out the haters. You've got a great following that is building by the day and I can truly say I look forward to your shows. Do I agree with everything? No - but you're spot on most of the time and have given me numerous amounts of things to consider that have helped give me some additional ideas I probably wouldn't have considered before.

Thanks for the kind words chetty. Looking forward to having you in 1AA. 
6/27/2015 2:48 PM
Posted by chetty1963 on 6/27/2015 2:13:00 PM (view original):

Yes the show is great and no I am not being a "HATER." All I am saying is Texas is a good team, but they are not the best team every season like he makes them out to be. If I had a choice for the best team every season it would be nobody, because D1 is such a battle there is no one team that is heads above the rest EVERY SEASON!! J/S
6/27/2015 5:29 PM
I think CJ is just trying to say that Texas is the best team based on his power rankings, and all things equal, will make it to the NC. Debate is all well and good and the show should help to inspire debate.

CFB, you're free to disagree and you may be completely right. I just think there is a classier way to share your opinion than to say you'll never listen to his preseason show until he stops predicting Texas.
6/28/2015 12:32 AM
Better change them ranking systems. Looks like LSU is the best team in the country.
6/28/2015 2:47 PM
Posted by cfbfan18 on 6/28/2015 2:47:00 PM (view original):
Better change them ranking systems. Looks like LSU is the best team in the country.
You really have zero interest in actually listening or reading to what I say. Said on the show that LSU had a great chance to pull of an upset or two. My ranking system is based on rosters, not gameplanning. Instead of just criticizing my predictions, which I tell you to take with a grain of salt anyways, why don't you make some predictions of your own? If it's so easy, you shouldn't ever be wrong. 
6/28/2015 5:42 PM
1234 Next ▸
Season 112 Shows Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.