Reactionary posts Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
... but the leader might not actually sign the player? that sounds both really awful and somewhat interesting. I know I'd flip tables if I was the leader the whole way and some RNG gave him to the #3 team on the list
3/4/2016 11:11 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 3/4/2016 11:10:00 AM (view original):

Right now the plan is to display a recruit's interest level in each school (well, up to 10 schools). That will show Very High, High, Moderate, Low, or Very Low. However, that won't tell you exactly who's in the lead. But a key change in the new system is that the leading team won't sign the player 100% of the time. The top teams on the considering list will all have a chance, based on the total points they've accumulated through recruiting actions. The leading team will still have the highest odds of signing the player.

This caught my attention. The leading team won't sign the player every time? That doesn't make much sense, or maybe I don't understand it.
3/4/2016 11:13 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 3/4/2016 11:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by guyo26 on 3/4/2016 11:11:00 AM (view original):
... but the leader might not actually sign the player? that sounds both really awful and somewhat interesting. I know I'd flip tables if I was the leader the whole way and some RNG gave him to the #3 team on the list
I'd be down but only if there was like a certain range, like once you are 2x more effort put in it's a lock he is coming to your school.
Sounds like the NBA draft Lottery to me
3/4/2016 11:15 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 3/4/2016 11:06:00 AM (view original):

We don't have any plans to open new worlds. At this point, our focus is improving the game and bringing in people to fill up the current worlds.

OMG OMG OMG he answered question! OMG OMG
3/4/2016 11:16 AM

In the new system, the recruiting/scouting schedule is much different. You'll be able to start scouting pretty much from the start of the season. Then the first recruiting period will begin mid-way through the season. The second recruiting period will be after the job period. It's also important to note that many actions will now be immediate. The only recruiting action that is still tied to a cycle is attention points (which replaces letters/calls). Those will accumulate each cycle. But visits, promises, etc. will process immediately.

I hate this the most
3/4/2016 11:19 AM

Recruits are ranked based on a combination of current ratings, GPA, FT shooting, and a few other things.

That is obviously the worst ranking method...

3/4/2016 11:21 AM
This is going to be radically different.
3/4/2016 11:23 AM

The top 100 ranked recruits will be visible and recruitable by all coaches. Beyond that, a coach will only be able to recruit the guys that have been scouted through the various scouting options. To unlock all recruits would defeat the purpose of the new scouting system.

3/4/2016 11:23 AM

For the most part, I don't think it has been updates that have caused people to leave. We took a major hit during the recession and haven't fully recovered. On top of that, we haven't had as many resources to work on the games as we'd like, so that has caused some people to give up on the game.

#thanksobama

3/4/2016 11:27 AM
"The only changes to recruit generation will be adding some deeper preferences that will come into play based on the school's pursuing him."

A bit more on this would've been nice
3/4/2016 11:28 AM
1|2|3...15 Next ▸
Reactionary posts Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.