Has anything been done to improve EEs in any world Topic

My question is simple. It is now Jan. 7. The admin. promised changes. Have they delivered yet?
1/7/2017 6:43 PM
negative
1/7/2017 6:53 PM
seble is on another 5 year hiatus, he'll fix it when he gets back.
1/7/2017 8:22 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
1/7/2017 9:41 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
It's amazing that Spud and, to a lesser extent, Mike keep posting complete uninformed tripe about this issue. Look at the reality of the situation: BCS conferences have essentially emptied as there is no advantage to being there.

That's right new HD users, you too can aspire to NOT take over BCS schools! I mean that's probably all you follow of college basketball, but I think we can all agree that this game should make them far more difficult to keep competitive than you might find any random D2 school.

So work for months or years, spend your money, but then decide that it your initial motivation to join (maybe to take over UNC or Kentucky) is not a great move in the game, because there are at least two internet trolls that are entertained by that situation.

Good plan.
1/8/2017 7:41 AM
Why do you need an "advantage"?

I'll take UNC or Kentucky with no advantage.
1/8/2017 8:12 AM
Posted by kobo on 1/8/2017 2:53:00 AM (view original):
By the way, if you don't play Div. 1, why the phuck are you posting your opinion in a thread you know nothing about?
Because you know the answer. Or, even if you didn't, it would have taken less time to find out than it did to start this thread.
1/8/2017 8:18 AM
They have done nothing and it has pretty much killed two of the high DI conferences I have squads in. Pac-10 in Tark has gone from generally having 11-12 humans to five as has the SEC in Wooden. Most of us don't play the game to beat up on sims.
1/8/2017 9:14 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/8/2017 8:12:00 AM (view original):
Why do you need an "advantage"?

I'll take UNC or Kentucky with no advantage.
Why? Please explain. No one else seems to be bothering.
1/8/2017 9:14 AM
Nov 22 announcement that they were working toward earlier EE announcements. Keeping hope alive that they will take some action that will move the balance a little more in the direction that I think is appropriate for gameplay.
1/8/2017 10:30 AM
Those teams will fill. There's obviously still an advantage to a high baseline prestige school. The problem right now is that with the current hiring logic, the only coaches qualified for those high baseline prestige teams already have dynasties, and most of them are staying put, if they're staying in the game. The idea that there is no more incentive or advantage to taking a UK or UNC is pretty ridiculous. When either A) those teams drop to a level that makes them available to coaches at mid majors or A++ D2s or lower level big 6 teams, or B) WIS eases up on the hiring requirements, those teams fill.
1/8/2017 11:39 AM
Posted by pkoopman on 1/8/2017 11:39:00 AM (view original):
Those teams will fill. There's obviously still an advantage to a high baseline prestige school. The problem right now is that with the current hiring logic, the only coaches qualified for those high baseline prestige teams already have dynasties, and most of them are staying put, if they're staying in the game. The idea that there is no more incentive or advantage to taking a UK or UNC is pretty ridiculous. When either A) those teams drop to a level that makes them available to coaches at mid majors or A++ D2s or lower level big 6 teams, or B) WIS eases up on the hiring requirements, those teams fill.
It's not the A baseline programs that are the issue. Its the B ones that will become the more difficult ones as there is no incentive anymore to be in the bottom end of the Big 6 conferences where there are no advantages at all plus losing the majority of conference games to the higher baseline programs (where as you can easily sit in a non-Big 6 conference and win the CT fairly easily and not worry about being disadvantage in recruiting anymore).
1/8/2017 12:51 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 1/8/2017 12:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pkoopman on 1/8/2017 11:39:00 AM (view original):
It's not the A baseline programs that are the issue. Its the B ones that will become the more difficult ones as there is no incentive anymore to be in the bottom end of the Big 6 conferences where there are no advantages at all plus losing the majority of conference games to the higher baseline programs (where as you can easily sit in a non-Big 6 conference and win the CT fairly easily and not worry about being disadvantage in recruiting anymore).
I agree, we're likely to settle in at 8-10 for most power conferences, maybe 6-8 for good mid-majors. Doormats in Big 6 conferences will be very hard to play without the crutch of conference cash, but they'll present a good challenge for players who have the patience and stomach for it. The upside here is that there will likely always be some Big 6 jobs to choose from for coaches looking to move up; and mid-majors will be more playable, and produce more teams that can break into the sweet 16.
1/8/2017 2:45 PM
1|2|3...9 Next ▸
Has anything been done to improve EEs in any world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.