Cooperstown over haul Topic

In light of the Harold Baines election, it's clear it should no longer be referred to as the Hall of Fame.

One suggestion had been to create different wings based on players greatness.

Instead of a full blown remodel and sending fans to different corners of the building, I would like to see different plaques based on players qualifications, built from different quality materials.

For example, the true legends of the game would receive diamond plaques, such as Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb, Walter Johnson, DiMaggio, Ted Williams, Mantle, Aaron, Mays, Musial, Ripken, Rickey, Griffey, Bonds, Clemens, etc.

Next tier down would be solid gold: George Brett, Maddux, Pedro, Big Unit, Gwynn, Boggs, Jeter, Mike Schmidt, Ryan, Seaver, Carlton, Reggie Jackson, Yaz, Duke Snider, Eckersley, Ozzie Smith, Chipper Jones, and Frank Thomas.

Bronze plaques reserved for players that are run off the mill like Dave Winfield, Eddie Murray, Molitor, Yount, Fisk, Glavine, Smoltz, Fingers, Sutton, and Biggio.

Players that are very borderline and probably don't have any business being in Cooperstown get aluminum plaques: Trammell, Jack Morris, Lee Smith, Chick Hafey, Jim Bottomley, Sutter, Gossage, Dawson, Jim Rice, Blyleven, Tony Perez, and of course Harold Baines.

Finally we deal with steroid users. Most of them deserve a place in Cooperstown and for their effort they are rewarded with played made from recycled plastic needles. Only players that admitted steroid use, were named in the Mitchell report, actually served a suspension by MLB for a failed drug test, or were named in Jose Canseco's book fall under this category as to eliminate unfair targeting and grand standing: Rafael Palmeiro, Manny Ramirez, Ivan Rodriguez, Robinson Cano, David Ortiz, Alex Rodriguez, Sammy Sosa, and Mark McGwire.

Problem solved!
12/18/2018 12:51 AM (edited)
screw you

Baines means Edgar

nutbirds swallow numbers like Bonds swallowed supplements

your idea is diamond for barry

hope you choke to death

gh ghhhhhhhhhh ghghghgh gaghhhhgaghhhhhhh
12/18/2018 6:37 AM
Nope

Bonds, Clemens.......
12/18/2018 6:49 AM
here's the thing about steroids or whatever

Edgar was on a team that might have used em

Griffey never got caught or even tagged but his trunk got mighty thick in his heyday

his cranium never did tho so that's a defense

A Rod's body looked the same as Grif's to me one time, maybe '95, cain rem

there is a chance they all did drugs together

maybe Buhner, my guess is almost certainly Bret Boone

i rem Dave Niehaus commenting once he went into the clubhouse seen Boony in the shower and said That kid is ripped

so...…….

12/18/2018 7:36 AM
Posted by Got_Worms on 12/18/2018 12:51:00 AM (view original):
In light of the Harold Baines election, it's clear it should no longer be referred to as the Hall of Fame.

Instead of a full blown remodel and sending fans to different corners of the building, I would like to see different plaques based on players qualifications, built from different quality materials.

For example, the true legends of the game would receive diamond plaques, such as Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb, Walter Johnson, DiMaggio, Ted Williams, Mantle, Aaron, Mays, Musial, Ripken, Rickey, Griffey, Bonds, Clemens, etc.

Next tier down would be solid gold: George Brett, Maddux, Pedro, Big Unit, Gwynn, Boggs, Jeter, Mike Schmidt, Ryan, Seaver, Carlton, Reggie Jackson, Yaz, Duke Snider, Eckersley, Ozzie Smith, Chipper Jones, and Frank Thomas.

Bronze plaques reserved for players that are run off the mill like Dave Winfield, Eddie Murray, Molitor, Yount, Fisk, Glavine, Smoltz, Fingers, Sutton, and Biggio.

Players that are very borderline and probably don't have any business being in Cooperstown get aluminum plaques: Trammell, Jack Morris, Lee Smith, Chick Hafey, Jim Bottomley, Sutter, Gossage, Dawson, Jim Rice, Blyleven, Tony Perez, and of course Harold Baines.

Finally we deal with steroid users. Most of them deserve a place in Cooperstown and for their effort they are rewarded with played made from recycled plastic needles. Only players that admitted steroid use, were named in the Mitchell report, actually served a suspension by MLB for a failed drug test, or were named in Jose Canseco's book fall under this category as to eliminate unfair targeting and grand standing: Rafael Palmeiro, Manny Ramirez, Ivan Rodriguez, Robinson Cano, David Ortiz, Alex Rodriguez, Sammy Sosa, and Mark McGwire.

Problem solved!
so, who decides which level a certain player is at? Whoever it is, you'll still have the same kind of arguments.
12/18/2018 12:06 PM
Tony LaRussa decides.
12/18/2018 12:12 PM
that fatass???
12/18/2018 12:15 PM
Bring back Bud Selig!
12/18/2018 12:35 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 12/18/2018 12:06:00 PM (view original):

Problem solved!
so, who decides which level a certain player is at? Whoever it is, you'll still have the same kind of arguments.
Yeah I realize that's going to open up a whole new debate.

After I posted this, I immediately thought Pedro, Randy, and Maddux should get diamond plaques!
12/18/2018 12:37 PM
Pedro is the greatest pitcher of all time! Diamond plaque for him and Maddux.

And screw you, Trammell was better than Dave Winfield. Either move Trammell up to bronze, or move Winfield down to the garbage pile!
12/19/2018 1:59 PM
If it's based on greatness there's no way Trammel should be two levels below Jeter. I'll give you that.

Why is there no silver? Why not skip diamond, since nobody could actually build a true diamond plaque, and make it gold, silver, and bronze? They can all be in the shape of diamonds! It's baseball!
12/19/2018 3:50 PM

Problem solved!
Are we arguing about your tiers? Because Griffey has no business in level one.

Honestly, I don't like this method. Better to just not elect players like Baines and Catfish Hunter and, when they do occasionally get in, just realize that it will never be perfect and try not to make the same mistake again.
12/19/2018 3:57 PM
I think it should be a three person panel. Bad luck, Wylie and Tec and the debates should be aired live.
12/19/2018 5:02 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzz
12/19/2018 5:14 PM
what debates??? I'm sure all 3 of us would agree completely.
12/19/2018 5:35 PM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸
Cooperstown over haul Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.