What are you listening to? Topic

I’d like to have a thread here dedicated to music mostly new music as a bookend to the great what are you reading.
it would be strictly music but I would have occasional posts about music baseball related items.
there would be album reviews new and old new releases and general discussion.
I have reached out to Alorenz and administration but all I have heard is buddy holly and the crickets.

id like to know if there is interest or objection to this.
3/25/2021 4:19 PM
Great idea. If a book can end up here, then why not jams ?!

Just satisfied an every couple year romance with Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon". Long version of course; not just 'Brain Damage'. Therapy at its best !
3/25/2021 6:43 PM
Thanks Matt.
im not going to start until I give people a chance to chime in and enough time for an airing of the grievances.
I will also continue to reach out to Adam to get his input.....I don’t want to step on and fracture the tender toes of of a few fillibusterers.
so I tread carefully.
3/25/2021 6:55 PM
the holy trinity is leon russell jj cale & dr john

no new music available but quite the spice

but if it's gotta be new try chris stapleton

now there's a fat platter o gumbo
3/25/2021 7:03 PM
YUP! Stapleton is the real deal.

You got the faith but the wrong trinity bags............

It's JJ Cale, Chuck Berry & Muddy Waters
3/25/2021 7:50 PM
to each
3/25/2021 8:00 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I’m gratified for the interest shown so far but before we can really start this in earnest I need to know if there is pushback.
respectfully I’m asking if there is a problem and if so let’s discuss it.
im not looking for some kind of looney war with angry petitions to administration.

if there are any reactionaries or killjoys out there at least man up and voice your concerns here.

im all ears.
3/26/2021 9:44 AM (edited)
I never expected such immediate interest.
I guess I shouldn’t have named names but I really don’t want trouble from the administration for this so I say one last time if there is opposition from purists who think it is bad to have this thread for baseball guys here please speak out now and here because I am reaching out to you.
after today if no complaints it is full steam ahead.
3/26/2021 9:28 AM
It is looking now like this is a go.......tentatively.
thanks for all of the early support. I’m a baseball guy and this is here because this is for baseball guys and we have some of the best guys in wis so let’s have fun
talking all things music and even occasional forays into baseball related music stuff.

thanks again!
3/26/2021 10:27 AM
I will be revisiting a list of what I think were the best albums of 2020 in the rock genre soon.

it has been complained that I buy too many cds in this technological age of burning and swiping and Spotify etc. However I think being a true dedicated music supporter is like being in a union.
you have to pay your dues if you want to hear the blues.
Artists do not make money anymore like they used to.
touring is their means of survival because cd sales are slight with only a few exceptions. Artists don’t make money from product anymore and they do not make much from streaming either like pandora or Spotify hits.
When I buy a cd I’m supporting the artist and the label and that keeps the music alive.

Support your local record stores and support your favorite artists.
3/26/2021 11:38 AM
Posted by Got_Worms on 3/26/2021 1:40:00 AM (view original):
I've rediscovered Wolf Alice recently and found out they have a new album arriving on June 11th. The lead singer recently accused Marilyn Manson of filming up her skirt during a festival. Sadly, it took this revelation to remind me just how good their first album is, and their second album, Visions of a Life, is even better!
Wolf Alice is a great band.
their title may sound like a metal band but they are an alternative pop band with acoustic underpinning and a psychedelic atmospheric.....sometimes they rock and you might hear a bit of grunge.
think of souxie and the banshees meets the cranberries.
3/26/2021 11:58 AM (edited)
1|2|3...20 Next ▸
What are you listening to? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.