Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

Am I the only one who looks at Tebow and sees Flutie?

Totally unorthodox, looks like he's just making it up, ball goes down the field.

As for Quinn, he's the exact opposite of Tebow.  Totally looks the part, completely unable to get a football result. 

10/11/2011 8:29 PM
Gil Brandt of NFL.com says the Broncos should send Orton to Miami for a draft pick, then send the draft pick and Brandon Lloyd to Carolina for Jimmy Claussen.

And this guy is paid to cover football?  The Broncos trading their best receiver (and one of the best in the NFL) for Brady Quinn's clone? What value would Claussen possibly bring to the Broncos that Tebow or Quinn couldn't provide.  Stupidest trade prediction/suggestion ever.
10/12/2011 5:48 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Do you read much, juiced?  Quote one post where I said Vick's behaviour was okay.  In fact, I can quote several where I've said his behaviour was dispicable.

My arguments in the other thread were a) he's paid for his crimes and b) there are other guys who have done just as dispicable things who are not hated as much as Vick.

Go smoke another one though.
10/13/2011 2:17 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/12/2011 5:48:00 PM (view original):
Gil Brandt of NFL.com says the Broncos should send Orton to Miami for a draft pick, then send the draft pick and Brandon Lloyd to Carolina for Jimmy Claussen.

And this guy is paid to cover football?  The Broncos trading their best receiver (and one of the best in the NFL) for Brady Quinn's clone? What value would Claussen possibly bring to the Broncos that Tebow or Quinn couldn't provide.  Stupidest trade prediction/suggestion ever.
I guess the Broncos thought there would be more value in a conditional pick from the Rams.

10/18/2011 1:24 PM
I don't agree with the trade - I feel they could have gotten more, but maybe not. Hence my question in the other thread about if there's a set value (by picks) for each position.

That being said, a 5th round pick is still far more valuable to the Broncos right now than Jimmy Claussen.
10/18/2011 2:22 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/18/2011 2:22:00 PM (view original):
I don't agree with the trade - I feel they could have gotten more, but maybe not. Hence my question in the other thread about if there's a set value (by picks) for each position.

That being said, a 5th round pick is still far more valuable to the Broncos right now than Jimmy Claussen.
I agree that a 5th round pick probably represents better value than Clausen. I'm a little surprised they didn't get a better offer.
10/18/2011 2:43 PM
I think there were two factors (actually two parts of the same factor, really):

a) people knew Lloyd was in the final year of his contract and was leaving the Broncos, thus they wanted to get something
b) the Broncos didn't want to have the trade deadline pass and be stuck with a good receiver who was useless to them in a losing season.

They could have done far better than a 6th though (but it'll take a disaster for it not to turn into a 5th). It also helps the Broncos because it should make the Rams a better team, thus helping the Broncos draft position.
10/18/2011 3:04 PM
I don't know that they could have done "far" better - Randy Moss only drew a 3rd last year, and that was before everyone realized he was done.

Lloyd's a nice piece, but his year last year came out of nowhere relative to the rest of his career, and he's hardly setting the world on fire this year (and yes, I acknowledge that there certainly reasons for that that have nothing to do with him, but it is what it is).  The fact that he wound up in St. Louis should be evidence enough that he wasn't that highly sought after.
10/18/2011 3:26 PM
ya i don't know what you'd expect for 10 games from a 30 yr old with one good season in his career
10/18/2011 3:35 PM
I'm not saying they should have gotten a first rounder, but seems 3rd or 4th for a guy who had pretty much the best statistical season of any WR last year would be realistic. I think we'll see a drastic jump in his stats now that he's in a better offensive situation and reunited with McD.
10/18/2011 4:11 PM
3rd is a stretch, i could see a 4th if a team really needed a WR.  but no contender did so instead he goes for a 5th/6th
10/18/2011 4:19 PM
Not great overall numbers, but once again Tebow turns it on when his team needs it the most and leads the team back from down 15-0 in the fourth quarter for a thrilling OT win.  They likely don't win this against a better team (though if Matt Prater didn't have accuracy issues, it would have looked better on the scoreboard), but a solid start to the "Tebow Era".
10/23/2011 4:28 PM
I think that's what you're going to get from Tebow.   He just has to hope the management understands that. 
10/23/2011 5:24 PM
If I was a Bronco, the whole Tebow thing might start to get on my nerves, at least from a media perspective. Case and point, this blurb from NFL.com:

"Tim Tebow led an incredible Broncos comeback, throwing two TD passes in the final 2:44 of regulation, then driving into position for Matt Prater's 52-yard field goal in overtime to defeat the Dolphins 18-15."

The Broncos D forced a fumble in OT. They then ran the ball three times for two yards and kicked the FG. Tebow had zilch to do with the game-winning "drive".
10/23/2011 9:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...190 Next ▸
Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.