Where are you from???? Topic

I remember driving in NE one time and calling my brother-in-law who lives up there. He asked me where I was. I said in my NJ accent,"War Chest er" for Worcester. He must have said what 6 times before he finally figured out I was talking about Woooster.
and don't get me starterd on Haverhill.....
2/22/2007 1:47 PM
What? It's pronounced like it looks. Haverhill. I get the whole "don't know how to pronounce Worcester the first time you see it" thing. But when you think about it, Anyone who's ever said Worcestershire knows how to say Worcester.
2/22/2007 2:00 PM
Its actually "Wistah". I am a Wistah State grad. There is a site, the wicked good guide to Boston english that has a places quiz, see how you do.
2/22/2007 2:03 PM
That would be hay-vrill
2/22/2007 2:03 PM
I got a perfect score and the bonus. Not that I should be proud of that.
2/22/2007 2:06 PM
Right, well, I'm talking more of a "correct" pronounciation rather than native tongue.
2/22/2007 2:18 PM
Wistah, Woosta what differences does it make....you guys talk funny.
I pronounced Haverhill, Have -R-Hill. Silly me.
2/22/2007 2:37 PM
Rich Gedman and another ex-major league are coaching in Worcester for the Worcester Tornadoes of the Can/Am League.
2/22/2007 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By JAMESA on 2/21/2007
currently live in Augusta GA
from a small town south of Buffalo NY
which one??
2/22/2007 4:09 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
2/23/2007 6:12 PM
Have a look
2/23/2007 11:03 PM
marsrover- There is a forum post from a short while ago that where a bunch of us residing in the bay area talked about getting together once the season starts. I'll update it as soon as we get a little closer towards opening day.
2/23/2007 11:13 PM
Well, i suppose its time to get another canuck onboard - seeing as it was started by one. Currently residing in Red Deer, Alberta - a town almost exactly halfway between Edmonton and Calgary.
2/23/2007 11:40 PM
Des Plaines, Illinois Northwest Suburb of Chicago. 1961-1973
Mount Prospect, Illinois 1973-1985 Town that gave us the police car the Blues Brothers drove in their first movie.
Heide, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany Summer 1970 My Mom's hometown

Maryville, Missouri for college at Northwest Missouri State University a year after Gary Gaetti played there, during the time
future Major Leaguers Tom Funk and Todd Frohwirth played for the Bearcats.

Hurley, Wisconsin - Ironwood, Michigan at the Western tip of the Michigan Upper Peninsula along the
Wisconsin/Michigan Border since 1995.

2/23/2007 11:53 PM
Apple Valley, MN.....a Twin Cities suburb. Originally from Wisconsin, born in Port Washington. Due to long radio career, many stops. In order, from high school in Willmar, MN.......Twin Cities & Duluth, MN, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Tampa, Kansas City, Boston, New York, Honolulu, St. Cloud, MN and now the Twin Cities again. Of all those places, wife and I loved Boston the best. One of the best places in America for sports, restaurants, history, and a good place to raise kids.
2/23/2007 11:54 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...31 Next ▸
Where are you from???? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.