What Is A "Fair Share" When It Comes To Taxes? Topic

I said ex! You seem to only read bits and pieces rather then complete posts.
8/5/2011 1:32 PM
I read 52% of the posts. 
8/5/2011 1:34 PM
Pretty sure cresten was offering rates, padna, not percentages of the tax burden...
8/5/2011 2:50 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/5/2011 1:34:00 PM (view original):
I read 52% of the posts. 
Prove it. I want to see the blog.
8/5/2011 2:53 PM
Posted by antonsirius on 8/5/2011 2:50:00 PM (view original):
Pretty sure cresten was offering rates, padna, not percentages of the tax burden...
Well if he did, it wasn't clear, but he still managed to get me post some shares...

What he (most likely) doesn't know, if those are those are rates, is what that would mean to revenues.  Would taxing at those rates shift the burdens the he wants it?  Or the other way?
8/5/2011 2:59 PM
He's just stirring ****.  Pay him no mind.  
8/5/2011 3:27 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by nickbracco on 8/5/2011 11:09:00 AM (view original):
moose.....this is not a good time of the month to disagree with Mike. It might be a good idea if we all changed the subject. After all, only patriots join the military and because they are patriots they never argue about their fair share of the tax bill.
You are probably right.
8/5/2011 7:38 PM
52% of the users on this site agree.  If you don't believe me, read the blog.
8/5/2011 8:35 PM
http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer
8/8/2011 2:24 PM
^^ Eliminate Income Taxes
^^ Eliminate Illegals not paying into the system
^^ Allow all $ to grow Tax Free (so the middle class can actually become wealthy)
^^ Eliminate Corporate/Wealthy Tax Loopholes and Shelters
8/8/2011 2:29 PM
Sales tax.  Money isn't worth anything until it's spent.   Every purchase.
8/8/2011 3:23 PM
Correct. The rich will still spend more than the poor and everyone is taxed at the same rate, including illegal immigrants. There is a pre-bate ($2500 I think) for those under the poverty line to offset the higher sales taxes. no more income taxes, not more taxes on interest earned, no more capital gains taxes, no more death taxes..... money can grow 'at all 'class' levels' (i.e. rich, poor, middle class). yes - the rich get richer - but the middle class will too. Working at a bank for the last 9 years I've learned with certainty that it is really easy to make money when you have money - Its really difficult to get to that point. Lets make it easier to get to that point.
8/8/2011 3:55 PM
The thing with sales tax is that you get everyone.  Even those making money "under the table".   Drug dealers aren't taxed on profit.  But, if they have to pay 30% sales tax on that new Mercedes, they will be taxed just as much as the construction worker pounding rocks for a living who saves for years for the same car. 

8/8/2011 4:39 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/8/2011 4:39:00 PM (view original):
The thing with sales tax is that you get everyone.  Even those making money "under the table".   Drug dealers aren't taxed on profit.  But, if they have to pay 30% sales tax on that new Mercedes, they will be taxed just as much as the construction worker pounding rocks for a living who saves for years for the same car. 

Not if the drug dealer buys his Benz from the chop shop down the street.

Any massive sales tax increase, FAIR or VAT or whatever, is going to prompt a massive expansion of the black market.
8/8/2011 7:13 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...44 Next ▸
What Is A "Fair Share" When It Comes To Taxes? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.