ODL XXXVI Commentary Topic

This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
4/21/2010 5:26 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
4/21/2010 5:32 PM
well, ash has won the funk52 league, and is now 1 game away from winning the odl this season...AND he uncovered an odl rule that wasn't being followed by his opponent. lol... he's playing hardball. whooo let the dogs out?
4/21/2010 10:56 PM
I'm a Proud Father.
4/21/2010 11:31 PM
lol... it starts early
4/22/2010 1:57 AM
Top 10 still pretty solid. Some people think DWade shouldn't go this high in a $42-mill league. I'm not sure I agree. He brings almost everything to the table that Lebron and MJ do (more in some respects): prominent scorer, gets to the line a ton, gives you some threes, high ast% for a 2 (and is 100% at the 1). Good rebounding for a guard. Blocks a ton of shots and will get you some steals each game, too. Good defense. Turnovers are a tad high, but with everything else he does, it's to be expected.

I have never built a $42-mill team around him, but one day I will. And until I do and can't make it work, I think he's definitely a top 10 pick in the ODL.
4/22/2010 2:44 AM
I would've bet money on uva taking Magic...I'm starting to figure out how that boy's twisted mind works.
4/22/2010 9:11 AM
Well my heart says "Yes! The Big O...!"

But my brain says "budget buster".

We will see if I can make it work.
4/22/2010 10:59 AM
i am astounded that a certain 3 fellows have not been drafted yet, and yet, a couple of players drafted before them are so much more sub-par than the 3 available.

this 42m league comes with many twists and turns each draft season.
4/22/2010 12:10 PM
It's all about perspective, my professor in the desert friend. I sent two proxies, and the guy whose #2 on my list is an obvious pick over the guy I used at #1, but many things play into an owner's mind when he starts building his team. I went with Dwight because I can use him like I'd use Barkley OR I can use him like I'd use a guy like Shaq (or some of the other centers yet to be drafted).

Robo, Big O is a good pick in the ODL. Don't fall in love with the most expensive two seasons and think you HAVE to use them because you used your first round pick on him. Use the season that makes the most sense within your team. That often is not the most expensive season. But sometimes it is, so do what you want!
4/22/2010 3:34 PM
kind of scratching my head on McHale. He doesn't really fit into any of the categories I consider with my first round except the high efg%/low tov% one. He can play multiple positions, but I don't think you intend on using him at the 5 or the 4, so... I don't know. That one surprised me.

Kareem was the other guy I was talking about in the above post. I wanted a paint monster with that pick. Since Moses, Wilt, and Chuck had already been drafted, that 4 guys that I am willing to use a 1st on. Shaq was third on my list, Kareem second, Howard first. Reasons I had Howard above the other two were a) He can play PF at 100% b) He fits into my "board lord" category with a creb% of over 40%. I like the high efg%, don't like the turnovers or fouls, but it's nothing I'm not used to with Barkley. Gets to the line a lot but doesn't shoot them as good as Barkley. All-in-all, I'm willing to take it, since I had no choice in the matter as someone drafted Chuck with the fifth pick (and he wouldn't have made it past nine anyway).
4/22/2010 3:41 PM
that was the pick that bowled me over, mchale.

and the 88-89 barkley doesnt foul or turn the ball over too much.

the 3 same guys are still available... never seen a certain player drop into the double digits before.

cp3 at no. 9 was a steal, and kareem at 13. wow!
4/22/2010 5:46 PM
I have McHale in the K52 and he's OK. But, just OK. If you use him at SF he doesn't shoot 3's or give you assists. If you use him at PF he doesn't rebound that well. You have to be VERY carefull who you put around him.
4/22/2010 5:55 PM
I wanted Howard, but ash grabbed him the previous pick.

I am trying a new strategy for this ODL.

If it does not work, I can pick very early next season.
4/22/2010 6:02 PM
lol... just givin' ya trouble, glen. mchale is solid.
4/22/2010 6:07 PM
1|2|3...9 Next ▸
ODL XXXVI Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.