WIKILEAKS Topic

I know that the standard response from the US government and various media sources claims that the WIKILEAKS information puts military personel at a higher risk. I am not sure what about the documents puts our troops at risk though. How come nobody asks why the disclosure of this information would be dangerous to military personel.

Thanks for any clarification given!
11/30/2010 7:53 AM
Ha.
11/30/2010 10:09 AM
PATRIOTISM IS THE LAST REFUGE OF A SCOUNDREL
12/2/2010 10:56 AM
12/3/2010 11:31 AM
The documents can give foreign agents a clear pattern of the process that we go through in inteligence matters, as well as specific data that could put soldiers at risk.

12/4/2010 5:09 AM
I thought you were dead.
12/4/2010 10:42 PM
Just busy with some personal issues. Sorry that I have not been spending the amount of time in the forums that I need.

The problem should fade as of this week.

I am going to make ignoring me more complicated.
12/5/2010 5:22 AM
"I am going to make ignoring me more complicated."

Cant wait! You going to throw a tantrum?

12/5/2010 2:37 PM
Posted by rcrusso on 12/5/2010 2:37:00 PM (view original):
"I am going to make ignoring me more complicated."

Cant wait! You going to throw a tantrum?

I am just going to stand up for what I believe. support what I know is right. Say it loud and proud and make everyone hear me. if they are blocking me or not.

Stand and fight or bow to my superior intellectual firepower!
12/6/2010 4:07 PM
Like I said, you are going to throw a tantrum!
12/6/2010 5:11 PM
Your question was a tantrum. Snarky.

My response was oratory gold!
12/6/2010 5:32 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/4/2010 5:09:00 AM (view original):
The documents can give foreign agents a clear pattern of the process that we go through in inteligence matters, as well as specific data that could put soldiers at risk.

This sounds like grasping at straws at best. Have you read any of them since they are historically primary sources?

I guess my concern is the big brother over-reaching that our government is doing at home and abroad. I feel like we don't respect the sovereignty of our allies.
12/7/2010 6:10 AM
Posted by babypop985 on 11/30/2010 7:53:00 AM (view original):
I know that the standard response from the US government and various media sources claims that the WIKILEAKS information puts military personel at a higher risk. I am not sure what about the documents puts our troops at risk though. How come nobody asks why the disclosure of this information would be dangerous to military personel.

Thanks for any clarification given!
Nobody asks that question because the answer may be that it really doesn't put our military in danger, therefore, the leaks aren't as controversial and cease to become yet another divisive topic pushed upon us by corporate media.  Better to just say that they are so that the Hannitys and Olbermanns have something to yell to their sheep.  Much better for ratings.
12/7/2010 12:14 PM
Don't worry, you won't hear too much more about Wikileaks now that the "War on Christmas" is heating up.
12/7/2010 12:16 PM
Posted by babypop985 on 12/7/2010 6:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/4/2010 5:09:00 AM (view original):

This sounds like grasping at straws at best. Have you read any of them since they are historically primary sources?

I guess my concern is the big brother over-reaching that our government is doing at home and abroad. I feel like we don't respect the sovereignty of our allies.
You nailed it in your second sentence.
12/7/2010 1:06 PM
123 Next ▸
WIKILEAKS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.