Youtube now censoring videos alleging fraud Topic

This is such a massively bad idea and it is seriously unnerving how wide the consensus is that youtube should be doing this.
Are you comfortable with the official narrative being the only acceptable one from here on out? Because we are absolutely heading in this direction.
Imagine if you were not allowed to say "Epstein's death is fishy", or "Iraq does not have WMDs" in the early 00s. Imagine if the only place you could find that discourse was on a site that was mostly filled with virulent racists. That means anyone with a natural curiosity on these topics are being put into a box and kept in a space that will do nothing but make all of this worse.
Please, for the love of God, do not trust profit-driven tech giants to be the one true arbiter of reality.
12/9/2020 2:46 PM
I agree that it's probably a bad idea in this case; however, you have to draw the line at some point, IMO. Would it be beneficial for YouTube to, for instance, host antisemitic conspiracy theories on their platform?

What if someone is introduced to that sort of hate on YouTube, and then goes out and shoots up a synagogue because of it? At that point, YouTube is directly responsible for whoever dies in that attack.

Would you rather have your site infested with racists, ready to try to win over the general population? Or would you rather those same racists be clumped together, probably growing more dangerous individually but radicalizing less people?
12/9/2020 3:09 PM
And this is the double-edged sword of being anti-regulation and pro free market. Giving more power to corporate interests doesn't always mean that the corporations will do what you want. YouTube has one job: To make money.

So what's your solution, guitarguy? What policy will you support to solve this problem? Which politicians or activist groups are working to change this? Or are you just going to complain?
12/9/2020 3:11 PM
Until I am given governmental power of some sort (which, god willing, will be in 2022 if I win the position I am running for...more on that later), my job is to complain. And complain I will. Hypocrisy really gets my goat. I don't think it's fair to compare anti-semitic conspiracy videos to ones involving still extant court cases. Texas might win yet in the Supreme Court. Apples and oranges.
12/9/2020 3:56 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 12/9/2020 3:57:00 PM (view original):
Until I am given governmental power of some sort (which, god willing, will be in 2022 if I win the position I am running for...more on that later), my job is to complain. And complain I will. Hypocrisy really gets my goat. I don't think it's fair to compare anti-semitic conspiracy videos to ones involving still extant court cases. Texas might win yet in the Supreme Court. Apples and oranges.
Lol Texas might win yet in the Supreme Court, you’re insane

On what grounds does Texas have to invalidate Michigan or Wisconsin voters you idiotic schmuck?
12/9/2020 4:10 PM
Posted by tangplay on 12/9/2020 3:11:00 PM (view original):
And this is the double-edged sword of being anti-regulation and pro free market. Giving more power to corporate interests doesn't always mean that the corporations will do what you want. YouTube has one job: To make money.

So what's your solution, guitarguy? What policy will you support to solve this problem? Which politicians or activist groups are working to change this? Or are you just going to complain?
Your first paragraph, yup

Deal with it
12/9/2020 4:11 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 12/9/2020 4:10:00 PM (view original):

On what grounds does Texas have to invalidate Michigan or Wisconsin voters you idiotic schmuck?
It's based on the fact that tainted ballots from four states would negate the legal and proper votes from Texas and the other states that acted legally.

It's in the news. It's probably not on FAKE NEWS though. FAKE NEWS buries stories they don't like. Everybody know that.

It's not just Texas. AT LEAST 17 states have joined in.
12/9/2020 4:19 PM
Posted by DougOut on 12/9/2020 4:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 12/9/2020 4:10:00 PM (view original):

It's based on the fact that tainted ballots from four states would negate the legal and proper votes from Texas and the other states that acted legally.

It's in the news. It's probably not on FAKE NEWS though. FAKE NEWS buries stories they don't like. Everybody know that.

It's not just Texas. AT LEAST 17 states have joined in.
Yeah, it’s in the news, and it’s being derided as the publicity stunt it is, there’s no legal basis for it
12/9/2020 4:22 PM
Who appointed you to the bench? Obama or Trump?
12/9/2020 4:23 PM
Posted by DougOut on 12/9/2020 4:23:00 PM (view original):
Who appointed you to the bench? Obama or Trump?
How’s the PA case going?
12/9/2020 4:25 PM

We're still looking for our trailer full of illegal ballots.
12/9/2020 4:30 PM
Posted by DougOut on 12/9/2020 4:30:00 PM (view original):

We're still looking for our trailer full of illegal ballots.
Considering you’ve had a month to find one concrete example of voter fraud and have provided nothing, no evidence, except for the one trump voter voting for his dead mother, I’m sure you’ll find this any day now.

I’m so tired of you people.
12/9/2020 4:36 PM
You dodged the question. If you get into governmental power, what would YOU do. What legislation would you support?

The reason I bring up anti-semitism is to point out that you have to draw the line somewhere, as a company. If we both agree that censorship can be justified, the question is where you draw the line. So where is it, guitarguy?
12/9/2020 4:38 PM
Just go and look at the you tube videos showing democrats stealing votes by...oh wait......................nevermind
12/9/2020 4:52 PM

"We ain't seen no ballots here in Lancaster PA and they ain't underneath this hay neither..,so don't bother lookin'."
12/9/2020 4:53 PM
12 Next ▸
Youtube now censoring videos alleging fraud Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.