This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
9/19/2009 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by winnetka1 on 9/19/2009Random stuff does happen. It's baseball. There are all kinds of examples of things that happen that are unexplainable and after it happens it changes the course of a game or a series. Just ask Bill Buckner. Having a randomizing aspect in Sim would be realistic in my opinion. Taking this to the extreme and suggesting that there is some such equalizer program injected by admin to keep new blood (that builds bad teams) coming into the game seems paranoid. There are lots of ways to explain the collapse of a team during the playoffs that wins 110 games during the season. Take fatigue as one explanation. Another would be how I beat a 105 win team in the first round with my third team ever. I made the wc by just a few games and he dominated me all during the season. He beat me 10 out of 12 in the regular season. My team started out so poorly (3-13) that after about 30 games or so I hit the waiver wire hard and often. My $80 M team was worth $74M by seasons end. I essentially rebuilt the team on the fly and put together a rather scrappy team. The guy I beat in the playoffs had faced two distictly different teams. He dominated my first team ( 7 out of 7) regular season, and took 3 out of 5 against the waiver wire built team. My team got better. Simple as that. After the first round of the playoffs after I beat him he was ****** and screamed and yelled about how he dominated me throughout the season blah blah blah...It happens. My team turned out to be pretty good. Made it to the final game of the second round of the TOC. By the way, this is not an endorsement of using the waiver wire. But it can happen that teams change throughout the season.

It's not paranoia when you get the story from the top.
9/19/2009 10:11 AM
I lost an LCS up 3-0 against a team I beat by 12 games in the division and went 14-2 or 3 against in the reg season. 1972 Don Sutton got TORCHED twice in games 4 and 7. Again, it was the equalizer in effect.
9/19/2009 10:41 AM
IIRC, Sutton lasted 2 1/3 innings in game 7, giving up 7 runs on 12 hits. Yeah, there's nothing hinky in the sim there.
9/19/2009 10:41 AM
Ask away. I tell it like it is. I don't let any jack-booted Support dork tell me what to do.
9/19/2009 10:58 AM
I like your new schtick.
9/19/2009 11:06 AM
Don't overdo it. Nothing worse than burning out a new schtick by overusing it.
9/19/2009 11:09 AM
I'm not rtrying to insult anybody just merely suggesting that there may be multiple explanations for such statistical phenomena. I may be wrong. I mean, what do I know being essentially a newbie here. It may just be the equalizer...
9/19/2009 11:15 AM
There was a brief time, earlier this decade, that I was pretty convinced I was chosen to be the equalizer between the dark and light side of the force.
9/19/2009 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amycox67 on 9/19/2009I se you have 14 World Series nice very nice
Hey can you sell me one so I can justify my 2 wasted
years on this site before I leave it

You can't afford me, baby.
9/19/2009 11:22 AM
What makes you think I'm cheap???
9/19/2009 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by boogerlips on 9/19/2009What makes you think I'm cheap???

Not cheap, just more desperate.
9/19/2009 11:34 AM
After the Cardinals win the WS this year, I'll have site staff transfer the championship over to your account. Hows that?
9/19/2009 11:35 AM
That's a loaded statement.
9/19/2009 11:37 AM
grizz, I have no reason to keep quiet about this anymore. The dorks in Support will never give a truthful answer of course, but all one needs to do is think about it.
9/20/2009 11:06 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.