The New Update HOPE--- Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By Trentonjoe on 9/29/2009
Quote: Originally posted by grizzly_one on 9/29/2009 When you have a line-up of Hall of Fame hitters going against Hall of Fame pitchers. I believe the stats would end up mediocre for all. Here, the hitters lose very little while the pitchers look like they shouldn't even be in rookie ball.

I agree with this..
I agree, too. In my experience in WIS, with my teams, mostly at $80M-$100M caps, the team AVG is usually around .020-.025 below the real life totals. But the team ERA is usually 2.00-4.00 above the real life totals. The only equal tradeoff that I see with my teams is HRs -- my hitters usually hit 50%-70% of their real life homers, and my pitchers allow around 150% of their real life HRs allowed. (These are my team stats -- my individual hitting and pitching often varies widely from their real life stats.)

9/29/2009 9:54 PM
Pitching is for *******.
9/29/2009 10:03 PM
Sandy Koufax would often ask his team for just 1 run. that's it. game over.
9/29/2009 10:17 PM
He could also dunk a basketball when he was in high school.
9/29/2009 10:18 PM
One time he was hitchhiking down the dark, lonely road at 3:30 a.m. There were no cars for hours, and there was just no hope of getting a ride. So he stuck his thumb up his *** and rode it the rest of the way to Tulsa.
9/30/2009 10:17 AM
has he paid his dues, can he moan the blues
9/30/2009 10:33 AM
Ultimately, i think offense is easier to quantify than defense. As far as Koufax goes, he was great, no question, but i remember reading in his autobiography, "happiness is a pitcher with a 5 run lead."
10/1/2009 3:28 PM
Offense has all kinds of counting stats that are really useful. Tons more data is collected. Defense is a different animal. For the longest time, all there was to work with was:

Who handled the ball? Did he bungle it? Did he throw it? Did he mess that up? Did the other guy catch it or muff it? Was the batter out or safe? Were any runners out or safe?

Then, we were able to keep track of where balls were hit. We were able to roughly figure how good guys were at getting to the balls around them, by combining this new data with the questions above.

Nice, but still crude. This is going to change everything.

10/3/2009 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By boogerlips on 9/29/2009Pitching is for *******
You're to young to know what ONE is...
10/3/2009 11:40 AM
◂ Prev 12
The New Update HOPE--- Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.