College League Topic

you can't have a draft w/o modifications. who the f-ck wants the 24th pick? you're screwed.
4/16/2010 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By shapandrew7 on 4/16/2010
you can't have a draft w/o modifications. who the f-ck wants the 24th pick? you're screwed.
Agreed so how do we compensate for that? That's my reason for random assigment and then do away with the rest of the schools on the list. But people don't seem to like random assigment. What can we do to make this work..

How about from the main school you have to 3 starters from that school
4/16/2010 3:57 PM
How about a state rivalry league? Pick two states that are rivals for example Oregon and Washington. Then on your roster at least 4 players must come from each state. At least 2 starters from each state. $37 Million cap?

Sweg had a very successful alumni rivalry league, at I believe $42 million, several months ago.

Any more thoughts?
4/16/2010 4:28 PM
That might be a good idea but do you mean schools or states?

4/16/2010 4:47 PM
Crazy thought: Upper Classmen vs Under Classmen vs High Schoolers vs Non USA Born Players.

Upper Classemen = College Seniors and Juniors only.

Underclassmen = College Sophomores and Freshman only.

High Schoolers = straight from HS to the NBA that are born in the USA only.

NON USA Born = all NBA/ABA players who were born outside of the USA even if they became a US citizen later on ie. Hakeem the Dream.

Crazy thought or a fun idea? $37 Million or $42 Million Cap.
4/16/2010 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By vancem on 4/16/2010
Crazy thought: Upper Classmen vs Under Classmen vs High Schoolers vs Non USA Born Players.

NON USA Born = all NBA/ABA players who were born outside of the USA even if they became a US citizen later on ie. Hakeem the Dream.

LOL I would be willing but I don't know if the rest of the people would be willing to do that. That's some crazy research, how would it be structred?

I say lets work on the College theme as whole and if it works we will drill down on something like this.

The issue with the college draft is (shap is right) how do we run a draft with the 24th pick getting value? Maybe we should just go the way of what alll3 said. Straight 12 main team from one college. Or two if we can figure out how to classify a "major" school from a "mid-major". Hence the reason for my list. Maybe we just choose main, eliminate the rest on the list. Then people can choose their own 2 extra schools non-exclusive.

4/16/2010 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By eleibowitz on 4/16/2010

LOL I would be willing but I don't know if the rest of the people would be willing to do that. That's some crazy research, how would it be structred?

I say lets work on the College theme as whole and if it works we will drill down on something like this.

The issue with the college draft is (shap is right) how do we run a draft with the 24th pick getting value? Maybe we should just go the way of what alll3 said. Straight 12 main team from one college. Or two if we can figure out how to classify a "major" school from a "mid-major". Hence the reason for my list. Maybe we just choose main, eliminate the rest on the list. Then people can choose their own 2 extra schools non-exclusive.

I like vancems idea but it seems complx for me. (I am an idiot) However i like the start of vancems idea. I love college basketball and am a big fan of a league. So I am in but alot of it depends on the structure. Just for the info GO UNC!!!!
4/16/2010 8:52 PM
What I failed to say was that your team must consist of only one of the following: Upper Classmen, Under Classmen, High Schoolers, or NON USA born players.

There are Internet links out there for which college players came out after what years of college but I don't remeber where to find them.

High Schoolers and NON USA Born players would be easy to determine.

Do most of us agree that a cap of $42 million of less is preferable?
4/16/2010 10:52 PM
What I failed to say was that your team must consist of only one of the following: Upper Classmen, Under Classmen, High Schoolers, or NON USA born players.

There are Internet links out there for which college players came out after what years of college but I don't remeber where to find them.

High Schoolers and NON USA Born players would be easy to determine.

Do most of us agree that a cap of $42 million of less is preferable?

If anyone knows of a website...
4/17/2010 12:15 AM
Ok here's the way I think the college league should go. Let me know what you think. If good I'll post it in classifieds

1) Pick you main program, 4 of your 5 starters much be from that school. We will blacklist UNC and UCLA because they are stacked. This will be your exclusive team after the 24 teams are chosen they rest of the list will be unavailable for the league

2) Owners will then choose 2 other schools, these will be non-exclusive and they will have to declare which schools they are using. We will blacklist Indiana State (Larry Bird) and Southeastern Oklahoma State (Dennis Rodman)

3) $37m dollar league no ww, close or rookies

Here are the teams again:

Depaul, Duke, Florida State, Georgetown, Indiana, Kansas State, LSU, Marquette, Michigan State, NC State, Ohio State, St. Johns, Stanford, Syracuse, Arizona, Arkansas, UConn, Cincinnatti, Florida, Illnois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, UNLV, Norte Dame, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Villanova, Wake Forest, Houston, Georgia Tech, Auburn, Marquette, Purdue

4/17/2010 8:54 AM
I don't think this going to get off the ground. What I'm starting to learn is a lot of owners want to have a reasonable assurance they will get some money back or credits. Rather than challenging themselves, its a shame really. They complain about the SIM (which is well waranted) but when leagues come up like this (or others) that can promote the SIM and get some juice back into it. Tumbleweeds....

maybe you shouldnt ruin simple, elegant themes with a new, ornate and unnecessarily baroque set of rules you and two other people think is neat
4/17/2010 10:42 AM
Damn, just a normal College league! Blacklist the two teams and lets go. I think all players should be from the same school besides players under 500k. But i'm ok with the 4 of 5 starters rule.

I'll take the Sooners

4/17/2010 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By felonius on 4/17/2010

I don't think this going to get off the ground. What I'm starting to learn is a lot of owners want to have a reasonable assurance they will get some money back or credits. Rather than challenging themselves, its a shame really. They complain about the SIM (which is well waranted) but when leagues come up like this (or others) that can promote the SIM and get some juice back into it. Tumbleweeds....

maybe you shouldnt ruin simple, elegant themes with a new, ornate and unnecessarily baroque set of rules you and two other people think is neat
LOL you have a point, just trying to make it fair for the first one in and the last
4/17/2010 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By cjok1051 on 4/17/2010

Damn, just a normal College league! Blacklist the two teams and lets go. I think all players should be from the same school besides players under 500k. But i'm ok with the 4 of 5 starters rule.

I'll take the Sooners

Ok fine! We will just do 12 man team all from one school except for players under 500K. We will just have everyone take one school that's it! $42m cap, no ww, rooks or clones. No UNC o UCLA. Putting it in classifieds and cjok will put you on board for Sooners
4/17/2010 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By eleibowitz on 4/17/2010
Quote: Originally Posted By felonius on 4/17/2010

LOL you have a point, just trying to make it fair for the first one in and the last
serpentine draft - pick two schools in two rounds (exclude UCLA, UNC - maybe Kansas?) - 42m - no rooks, no clones, no WW - done
4/17/2010 1:04 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
College League Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.