Smart Treaty Topic

killing people is easy. knocking out hardened silos is tougher.

We do both agree SALT can help  America right now, though we seem to get there from a slightly differnt tangent.

I guess in the practical sense we agree.
12/23/2010 6:07 AM
So if it's OK for the US to build up our arms for deterrence reasons - why is it wrong for Iran to do the same? 

Treaties are fine, but when you have a reduction from 2200 to 1500 really what's the sense?  Just another treaty for the US or Russia to back out of at some point.
12/23/2010 12:20 PM
Certain nations in the world have given us a certain level of trust. I may not like China's government. but I accept that they can be trusted with nukes, Iran has not shown this.

The reason this matters is it allows both sides to keep an eye on a specific number. Less chance of a loose nuke.
It will also be cheaper for both sides.
And again it provides a little more stability. I would take a lot to stop an effective us nuclear response. If somene thinks they need 1600 and they have 1500 they might not try it.
12/23/2010 2:33 PM
Since we're the only nation that has launched nuclear weapons on another country, why should the rest of the world trust us?

Iran has done nothing to threaten our safety, maybe our corporate interests in the region, but I don't give a **** about that.  They do not have the capability to harm us from that distance.
12/23/2010 3:29 PM
Well we cannot guarantee that the US would be safe from their weapons, but even so we must care about other nations in the region.

Iran has made it clear they wish to wipe Israel and all members of the Hebrew Faith out.
12/23/2010 6:12 PM
And Israel's actions make it clear that they will wipe out the Palestinians and create havoc in the region as long as they have our backing.
12/24/2010 1:33 AM
Really...Can you show me any evidence anywhere that the Israelis  would wipe out the Palstinians?
12/24/2010 2:03 AM
Bumping for a response...

This is a big one. I think that the Israelis have shown that they are not the problem .
12/28/2010 3:34 AM
Then you obviously have your head in the sand...and I don't like to call people stupid but if you really believe the Israelis are not the aggressors in that region then you really have no idea what's going on the world.
12/28/2010 12:24 PM
Posted by jiml60 on 12/28/2010 12:24:00 PM (view original):
Then you obviously have your head in the sand...and I don't like to call people stupid but if you really believe the Israelis are not the aggressors in that region then you really have no idea what's going on the world.
I dont understand this at all.

Israel is the nation surrounded, just rying to survive.

I believe 100% if its neighbors would leave them alone and just let them survive that there would be no wars in the area.
12/28/2010 4:08 PM
I dunno that I'd single out the Israelis as the sole aggressors, but Netanyahu and his government certainly have little interest in finding a peaceful solution.
12/28/2010 4:30 PM
OK, they are the main aggressors in the region.  Aided by the US government, especially at the UN any attempts proposed by the Palestinians or any other country, for a peaceful settlement have been vetoed in the Security Council by the US.

12/28/2010 5:20 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/28/2010 4:08:00 PM (view original):
I dont understand this at all.

Israel is the nation surrounded, just rying to survive.

I believe 100% if its neighbors would leave them alone and just let them survive that there would be no wars in the area.
Only in a deeply indoctrinated nation can you make those remarks and not have people laugh at you. 
But at least there are a few of here who think you're bat-**** crazy if you really believe what you wrote.
12/28/2010 5:25 PM
See when you say that I cannot understand what evidence you are looking at?

All the Israeli Suicide Bombers? All the times Israeli leaders have called for the Destructing of all Arab Nations? All the times Israelis have launched missles at Arab Homes?

One of us is drinking the Kool Aid, this isnt a matter of opinion, one of us is wrong!
12/29/2010 3:21 AM
Bump for response...

To make it clear the question is "Who is the aggressor in the middle east, Israel or Arabs"?
1/3/2011 3:25 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Smart Treaty Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.