The left AND the right are destroying America! Topic

Posted by rcrusso on 1/31/2011 11:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by winnerpeg on 1/30/2011 10:48:00 PM (view original):
Who is rcrusso?
Never heard of him, why do you ask?
Dyslexia or Alzheimers?
1/31/2011 3:51 PM
The idea of supporting a party is something that many moderates and many on the extreme left oppose.

The idea is that we should all be non-alligned and all the good ideas will float to the top.

It is a crazy idea. It cannot work. People make alliances at all times.

If you want to get your point of view across join the biggest group that comes as close to you as possible and fight for your views from there!
1/31/2011 6:43 PM
I've done that swamp (in person) and have been hated for it.
They told me to join the other side, but I told them that the other side shares less of the same views of mine than they do.
2/1/2011 1:13 AM
As an Atheist Conservative I got flack from the RTL all the time. You can only do what you can do!
2/1/2011 3:19 AM
Thanks swamp.
Wow, then you probably really had it bad!
I do feel some empathy for you.
Well, I was getting flack from agnostics and atheists amongst the Liberals...yes, you heard me correctly, I was trying to help the Liberals. lol/groan
I still am trying to help them, but not in the areas I disagree with.
But I do believe in freedom of speech where I allow them to disagree with me as long as they allow me to disagree with them.
Unfortunately, they're as closed-minded as the Conservatives, just from the opposite view.
2/1/2011 6:34 PM
I have always found the right to be more open than the left. Let me explain why.

I will complain about the left wing media, but I would never want to shut it down, or to ban people from speaking.

The left is very active in trying to ban Conservatives. Recently Bristol Palin was invited to speak at a seminar and after some left wing blogging she was uninvited because she was going to address the issue of abstainance. They were furious that someone would be able to talk about that. There were going to be dozens of liberal speakers.

Ann Coulter is an award winning writer. She almost never is invited to speak at colleges, and when she is there are always violent protests.

The mainstream left will boycot products that are endorsed by Limbaugh.

The left wants to ban speech that they do not support. The right wants free and open debate, but tehy want bias identified.
2/1/2011 6:43 PM
You are correct about the mainstream left.
You are incorrect about the mainstream right.
The mainstream right is just as bigoted as the mainstream left.
If you want basic examples for me to at least sorta prove my point, just ask.
I'm unavailable tonight, though.
2/1/2011 7:20 PM
1 I dont think either is bigoted. That seems harsh. I will admit to some prejudice.

2 I know it seems the same but if you scratch the surface I think you find a clear difference. I can give many examples of the left wanting to silence the right. I cannot think of a legitimate case of the flip side. Again I point out media bias, but that does not mean I want anything banned or silenced, just want to raise awareness.

3 I think there is more anger from the left. Both sides have some crazies, but their side actually believes that Bush and Palin are stupid. They cannot understand why anyone could be different than they are.
2/2/2011 7:31 AM
Then you haven't been amongst as many conservatives as I've been, swamp.
(mind you, most of my experience with them is mostly of the currently churched variety, or the previously churched variety...with differing degrees of extremism;)
2/2/2011 1:18 PM
2/2/2011 4:40 PM

swamp and whiner
2/2/2011 4:47 PM
Ummm, I can't see what the pics' words say.
How do I enlarge them?
My browser won't allow me to click on them.
2/2/2011 8:05 PM
does clicking on "my forums" and changing the image view drop down to full fix it?
2/3/2011 4:57 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 2/3/2011 4:57:00 AM (view original):
does clicking on "my forums" and changing the image view drop down to full fix it?
lol, thanks
2/3/2011 5:36 AM
Posted by rcrusso on 2/2/2011 4:47:00 PM (view original):

swamp and whiner
I appreciate the openness, rcrusso.
But we weren't talking about what you're socially awkward in, nor were we talking about languages. 
2/3/2011 5:38 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
The left AND the right are destroying America! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.