Prediction Topic

Great; we agree, there was no widespread voter fraud, and the Dems won't pack the court.

Sounds like a good deal to me
12/11/2020 7:10 PM
Frankly, I am relieved. What's done is done. The Dems definitely pushed through some shady voting procedures, claiming covid but really supporting them because they knew it would help them. They didn't deserve to win, but above all this country deserves peace and a less politicized landscape. Two goals, I think, that can only be accomplished by the exit of Mr. Trump.

Now, is there another Rubicon to cross? Or does Trump limply exit stage left?
12/11/2020 7:11 PM
So you'll admit, then, that

a) There was no widespread voter fraud or illegal maneuvering done by the Democrats that we know of; otherwise, the millions that Republicans pumped into legal challenges would have uncovered it and overturned the results
b) You, along with numerous others here, have engaged in a deceitful campaign of lies to cast doubt on the legitimacy of the election, with zero evidence
12/11/2020 7:15 PM
Posted by tangplay on 12/11/2020 7:15:00 PM (view original):

a) There was no widespread voter fraud or illegal maneuvering done by the Democrats that we know of; otherwise, the millions that Republicans pumped into legal challenges would have uncovered it and overturned the results
b) You, along with numerous others here, have engaged in a deceitful campaign of lies to cast doubt on the legitimacy of the election, with zero evidence
a. There probably was. But if Biden controls the crazy left and doesn't fall under their sway, whatevs.

b. I will not, and I did not. See point a.
12/11/2020 7:16 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 12/11/2020 7:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 12/11/2020 7:15:00 PM (view original):

a. There probably was. But if Biden controls the crazy left and doesn't fall under their sway, whatevs.

b. I will not, and I did not. See point a.
How can you possibly say that there was when you clearly have zero evidence to substantiate it that would qualify in court? Again, if there was a smoking gun, it would be used in court.

I would also love to see what sorts of policies you think Biden could support that would be appealing to the "crazy left." Just as a sort of benchmark that you could come back to in 4 years to see how right or wrong you were.
12/11/2020 7:19 PM
Posted by tangplay on 12/11/2020 7:10:00 PM (view original):
Great; we agree, there was no widespread voter fraud, and the Dems won't pack the court.

Great, we agree, since the court dropped Texas simply on lack of standing, not evidence, we need Federal voter legislation including voter ID and voting machines, no court packing and 50 states.

Sounds like a good deal to me.
12/11/2020 7:25 PM
Posted by DougOut on 12/11/2020 7:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 12/11/2020 7:10:00 PM (view original):

Great, we agree, since the court dropped Texas simply on lack of standing, not evidence, we need Federal voter legislation including voter ID and voting machines, no court packing and 50 states.

Sounds like a good deal to me.
Damn, the Trump team itself might want to file the lawsuit then. They'll probably win, too, since the evidence is so overwhelming. Kind of crazy that they're just overlooking a very easy way to overturn the election results.
12/11/2020 7:33 PM
They tried but the DEMOCRAT judges threw everything out because they aren't really judges....they're democrats in robes.
12/11/2020 7:46 PM
Trump must be a real bipartisan man, nominating all these DEMOCRAT judges.
12/11/2020 7:49 PM
State judges Tangy. It's 5 - 2 in PA and TRUMP didn't pick any of 'em.
12/11/2020 7:51 PM

In a Nov. 27 decision, the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals at Philadelphia rejected a bid to decertify Pennsylvania’s election results by the Trump campaign. The author of the opinion was Judge Stephanos Bibas, a Trump appointee.

“Charges of unfairness are serious,” Bibas wrote in the nonprecedential opinion. “But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here.”

• In a Dec. 4 decision, the 11th Circuit at Atlanta ruled that it had no jurisdiction in an appeal seeking to decertify election results in Georgia, according to Law & Crime. The ruling left undisturbed a federal judge’s emergency order blocking alteration of Dominion Voting Systems voting machine software in three counties in a suit alleging massive vote fraud in Georgia.

The author of the opinion was a Trump appointee, Judge Andrew Brasher. He said the district judge “worked at a breakneck pace” and was ready to enter an appealable order on the merits after agreeing to the plaintiffs’ request to keep the voting machines intact.

“But the plaintiffs would not take the district court’s ‘yes’ for an answer,” Brasher wrote. “They appealed instead.”

Brasher described the litigation as “last minute” and said it sought “sweeping relief.” But the issue is a narrow question of jurisdiction, and the appeals court did not have jurisdiction to review the judge’s order, he said.

• U.S. District Judge Brett Ludwig, a Trump appointee, said a lawsuit seeking to overturn President-elect Joe Biden’s win in Wisconsin had made “a request for pretty remarkable declaratory relief” by asking the judge to “remand” the lawsuit to the state legislature. The Associated Press and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel had coverage.

“I have a very, very hard time seeing how this is justiciable in the federal court,” Ludwig said. “The request to remand this case to the legislature almost strikes me as bizarre.”

Ludwig asked why Trump didn’t go directly to the legislature with his request.

Republican-appointed judges have ruled against the Trump campaign and its allies in other suits, including a 3rd Circuit ruling on standing that has been cited in other lawsuits. An 11th Circuit panel that refused to block Georgia vote certification Saturday included two judges on Trump’s short lists for U.S. Supreme Court seats after the deaths of Justices Antonin Scalia and Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

The short list judges were Chief Judge William Pryor and Judge Barbara Lagoa. The decision, written by Pryor, said the Georgia voter who sued to stop certification of the Georgia election results did not have standing, and his requests for relief concerning the 2020 election were moot because Georgia had already certified the election results and its slate of presidential electors.

https://www.abajournal.com/news/article/trump-appointed-judges-rule-against-the-president-express-skepticism-in-election-cases
12/11/2020 8:03 PM
******* Comedy Gold!

12/11/2020 8:15 PM

12/11/2020 8:17 PM
more like 'Reality Denied'
12/11/2020 9:12 PM
some people around here have been denying reality for years
12/11/2020 10:56 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Prediction Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.