"Russian Disinformation" Topic

Posted by Guitarguy567 on 12/11/2020 2:13:00 PM (view original):
Twitter, facebook, google etc don't decide what news we get to see or not. Easy. NY Post is an established press source. Don't censor em. Period
Ok, so how would you accomplish this?

I mean, the NY Post story violated their TOS. Do Twitter and Facebook not get to have TOS?
12/11/2020 2:39 PM
Posted by tangplay on 12/11/2020 1:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 12/11/2020 1:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker on 12/11/2020 12:11:00 PM (view original):
well according to you "they" is "the media"

who is "the media"

what the f*ck are you babbling about

"suppressed this story due to a lie"

what story

what lie

i quote myself

Was your head in the sand when the ny post dropped a story about Biden and the major media suppressed it, suppressed being that twitter locked ny post's account, blocked people from sharing the article, and Facebook changed their algorithm so the story would be shared less. Any mention of Hunter was taboo. Turns out, post-election that most of these claims were true, he's been under investigation since 2018 for tax issues, including connections to China. Media blatantly suppressed this story because it would hurt their chosen candidate. Period.
Woah, so now being under investigation is proof that all allegations are true?
#nailedit
12/11/2020 3:03 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 12/11/2020 3:03:00 PM (view original):

who is "the media"

what story

what lie

i quote myself

Was your head in the sand when the ny post dropped a story about Biden and the major media suppressed it, suppressed being that twitter locked ny post's account, blocked people from sharing the article, and Facebook changed their algorithm so the story would be shared less. Any mention of Hunter was taboo. Turns out, post-election that most of these claims were true, he's been under investigation since 2018 for tax issues, including connections to China. Media blatantly suppressed this story because it would hurt their chosen candidate. Period.
#nailedit
The allegations being true or not is beside the point...the major media set a dangerous precedent by suppressing a story due to the fact that it would be harmful to their candidate of choice. The fact that every major media source is reporting on it NOW, after the election, is proof that the story is and always has been newsworthy. Newsworthy stories should not be censored. Jack Dorsey is a dweeb. End of story. You guys are getting lost in semantics, trying to strawman me.
12/11/2020 4:05 PM
The Dems sure loved allegations as long as they were against TRUMP.
12/11/2020 4:09 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 12/11/2020 4:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 12/11/2020 3:03:00 PM (view original):

who is "the media"

what story

what lie

i quote myself

#nailedit
The allegations being true or not is beside the point...the major media set a dangerous precedent by suppressing a story due to the fact that it would be harmful to their candidate of choice. The fact that every major media source is reporting on it NOW, after the election, is proof that the story is and always has been newsworthy. Newsworthy stories should not be censored. Jack Dorsey is a dweeb. End of story. You guys are getting lost in semantics, trying to strawman me.
You're just wrong on this. They "suppressed" the story because the way information for the story was acquired violated the TOS. You have no evidence that the "suppression" was politically motivated. Anti-left stories get traction all the time.

And don't say that we're strawmanning you when you can look up and see your own words. YOU said "most of these claims were true." That is either misinformation at this stage or a lie. Hunter being under investigation is NOT a verification of any claims.

You also have no solution for any of these problems, legislatively, yet you'll probably use these "culture war" made up problems as excuses to ignore reality and policy and either vote 3rd party or for Republicans. I genuinely don't understand people like you. When was the last time you endorsed an actual tangible policy relating to any issue that affects people? The Tulsi thing? Yeah, trans ppl playing sports is a huge problem in our society. When do you ever propose solutions to the things you complain about?
12/11/2020 4:47 PM
but GG's sources say the allegations are true!!!
12/11/2020 5:51 PM
call me crazy, but I am going to believe the Pulitzer Prize winning journalist who broke one of the biggest stories of this century.
12/12/2020 9:45 AM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 12/12/2020 9:45:00 AM (view original):
call me crazy, but I am going to believe the Pulitzer Prize winning journalist who broke one of the biggest stories of this century.
Cool, you’re crazy. This was easy.
12/12/2020 10:16 AM
lol
12/12/2020 10:45 AM
Also, the tweet from gg did not contradict the one from Uofa.
12/12/2020 11:08 AM
Posted by tangplay on 12/12/2020 11:08:00 AM (view original):
Also, the tweet from gg did not contradict the one from Uofa.
Shocking, but greenwald’s tweet is disingenuous, overblown, and misleading. Again, I’m shocked.

And yeah, had nothing to do with what I posted.
12/12/2020 11:19 AM
◂ Prev 12
"Russian Disinformation" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.