Isn't Antawn Jamison a Power Forward? And 84 defense? (makes Tim Allen confused grunt-line sound)

Why isn't Lebron James 100% at pf this season? Cleveland ran a small line-up with him at the 4 quite a bit...

Why isn't Iggy 100% at sf? Isn't that what position he plays or am I crazy?

Kevin Durant 85 def?

Vince Carter apparently lost all knowledge of how to play SF.

Troy Murphy might just be the best buy in the sim now for a non-high usage player. Ah, if only I hadn't relented in the funk52 fiasco!

Granger is a SG? o rly?!

I like this Devin Harris season - 600 ftas in less than 2500 min at pg?! Love it!

(already been mentioned but wtf @ hedo playing SG)

Chauncey Billups 51 def? really?

(already been mentioned but wtf @ tyrus thomas no PF)

don't really feel like going over more than the 100 most expensive right now... just initial thoughts.
5/11/2009 5:42 PM
wonder if poor overworked seble actually had a chance to look at these before patching them in?
5/11/2009 5:50 PM
Josh Howard isn't a SF? He is listed as a sg?
David Lee can't play C? Who was the knicks starting C?
5/11/2009 5:56 PM
roger that, charlie foxtrot
5/11/2009 5:59 PM
They still haven't fixed the problem with partial season players.
5/11/2009 6:22 PM
there is a serious problem with the positions - almost to a player everyone is wrong about a position off - and all are down towards PG - as in Centers are listed as PF's, PF's are listed SF's etc

and try clicking on a team - hell the Blazers show nobody - wtf
5/11/2009 7:00 PM
The position listings come directly from our official stat source. While they are important, position effectiveness is more important. It would be very helpful if someone could compile a list of the questionable players.
5/11/2009 7:08 PM
about 90 pct of them - and i am not kidding - i sent you the Bulls minutes this season - i would say just on Bulls, Ty Thomas played 90 pct of his minutes at PF - Luol Deng NEVER played SG, John Salmons played SF for most of his time with the Bulls, Noah played about 80 pct of his minutes at C, etc - again - every player seems to be a position off

and Brandon Roy and Rudy Fernandez on Portland are not PG's

i think maybe there was a problem with the translation of your data - or your stat source is not good - most of the teams basically don't have enough minutes at Center and are overloaded going down towards PG
5/11/2009 7:18 PM
Seble, I'm a fan of your work. I'm a fan of this site.

I think you need to look into some alternative (supplemental) stat sources.

82games.com
knickerblogger
basketball-reference whom you link

so on...

It's a lot of work but maybe you can work with one of those site administrators to automate it somehow. just a thought.
5/11/2009 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By seble on 5/11/2009The position listings come directly from our official stat source. While they are important, position effectiveness is more important. It would be very helpful if someone could compile a list of the questionable players
Thanks for the opening, seble, and for getting the new player listings done by the indicated timetable.

Just a handful of thoughts from the top 50 (in terms of salary):

- 93% at SF seems pretty low for Kobe Bryant.

- Antawn Jamison really should be 100% at PF, given that he plays there almost all the time for the Wizards. I don't care so much about the primary position listing, but 90% at PF is pretty inexplicable.

- It seems really odd that Andre Iguodala would be more effective at PG than at SF, since he swings between SG and SF and would virtually never play PG (at least on offense).

- It's hard to see why Vince Carter isn't 100% at SF. There's no reason I can see to believe he would be less capable than in the past of playing at the position he started his NBA career at.

- 90% at SG seems awfully low for Derrick Rose. If these position ratings are based purely on quantitative data - what percentage of real-life minutes were actually logged at a given position - then I can understand giving him a low rating at the 2 spot, but in that case then Ray Felton should be 100% at SG.

Thanks for the consideration.
5/11/2009 7:44 PM
I didn't even notice Kobe at 93% SF. That's a crock. From Phil's (jackson, you know, the coach) own mouth he plays SF for a good bit every game.
5/11/2009 8:07 PM
i've checked 11 seasons (what i perceive as the best ones) and i'd put forth that the 08-09 season is the greatest wisnba one in the data base. across the board, there's no other season to beat it... and the salaries are cheaper.

def is off the charts, not to mention 3's made. wow!
5/11/2009 8:49 PM
Chauncey Billups should be 100% at SG this season. A good portion of every game, AC comes in at point and Chauncey runs off screens and plays the 2.
5/12/2009 12:09 AM
AC meaning Anthony Carter... you know, for those people that don't actually watch the NBA (probably the same people you get your stats and figures from).
5/12/2009 12:10 AM
Rondo
House
Ray Allen
Big Baby
Perkins

That's been a common line-up for the Celtics. How come Ray Allen isn't 100% at SF?
5/12/2009 12:12 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.