2017, 2018, 2019 Topic

Posted by all3 on 12/9/2020 12:51:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, Trump cares only about himself. Let's just totally disregard the Historical Peace Treaty he engineered. That would actually be admitting he did something good for others, which several here would never do, because of their own hatred and selfishness.
Well, I see him as guy who just wants monuments built for him.
he doesn’t do anything good for the sake of good

the Uae agreement was a good thing. That with behrain is why I gave him a D instead of F for foreign policy but really it is a D- instead of F.
But I would not elevate it to historic. Israel had working and warming relationships with these countries on their own. This was no where close to the historic camp David agreement by carter between Israel and Egypt or the agreement with Jordan.
But I do agree it was good stuff.
12/9/2020 1:14 PM
How about he do something good for the country he represents? Trump has done a few good things, but it does not make up for all the crappy things he has done. Not even close in my opinion.
12/9/2020 1:28 PM
Posted by tangplay on 12/9/2020 8:10:00 AM (view original):
I don't think Trump was the worst President even in my lifetime (that would go to Bush). The last 100 years have also had some stinkers; Nixon, Reagan, Hoover, and Wilson if we stretch the timeframe.

But Trump is certainly up there.
I hear ya
but it comes down to Hoover bush and Trump in my opinion.
hoover was a bad president over economy obviously but still respected.
bush was a truly bad president even when it came to stifling federal funding for stem cell research.

one can debate what was worse - the Iraq war and then collapse of economy and horrible deficit he created or trump’s criminal handling of Covid resulting in a politically caused American death total already more then 180,000 deaths. and his failure to properly handle the economy under Covid as well as his tax cut which will now get obscured by superceding events......
even if you give the nod to bush
the decisive finishing coup de gras is trump destruction to revered image if the American presidency......and to institutions. He really did wield a sledge hammer to the administrative state that we need and rely on and try to improve in our Democratic experiment.
a president that is considered corrupt and crimiinal in ways that went way beyond Nixon.
a president that people of great heft and status and intellect consider a literal traitor.
a man who mobilized and encouraged and supported and curried hate groups and empowered them.
a man who fought the fight against the climate catastrophe.
a man letting Iran advance a nuke just to spite Obana.
and a president who tried by his very own words to OVERTURN the American election.

by far and away Donald John Trump, son of Fred Trump is the worst American president.
12/9/2020 4:49 PM
Nixon also started the War on Drugs... that is probably worse than Watergate in my view.

I would go worst in the 20th/21st century:

1. Nixon
2. Bush
3. Wilson
4. Trump
5. Hoover
12/9/2020 6:04 PM (edited)
good catch, bags
12/9/2020 6:05 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 12/9/2020 1:28:00 PM (view original):
How about he do something good for the country he represents? Trump has done a few good things, but it does not make up for all the crappy things he has done. Not even close in my opinion.
Wel, at least you are finally willing to admit that he DID do some good things. That's far more objectivity and honesty than several here will ever have.
12/10/2020 9:52 AM
◂ Prev 123
2017, 2018, 2019 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.