Funk 52 XXVIII Commentary Topic

Great job on the commentary, Ash.

Really adds enjoyment to the draft.
4/6/2010 11:19 PM
ash, I honestly didn't think of Rondo (I rarely do). I'm curious to see how KJ works out. His poor defense is an issue and he's going to contribute to my leading the league in TOs, I fear, but there's a lot to like about some of his seasons. Yes, I wanted more scoring than Rondo would give me, and I especially like KJ's FTMs.

Really a puzzle what to do with the fifth round pick, though.
4/7/2010 8:16 AM
ash, I wouldn't hold your breathe on that light bulb...
4/7/2010 10:46 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
4/7/2010 4:34 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
4/7/2010 9:55 PM
4/7/2010 11:33 PM
Gee - thanks and sorry, ash! I really was leaning toward pairing Jordan with another wing who was a mad defender, collected a lot of steals and helped out with assists, but when I took KJ I started hoping that Jamison would keep falling.
4/8/2010 12:15 PM
Quite a reach by sappy for J.R. Smith in the fifth round...and yet Smith is a killer role player on the right kind of squad. He does almost nothing for you except serve as one-man three-point assault. I use his 07-08 season whenever I can, and I'm not surprised to see his perceived value rise among owners.
4/8/2010 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By longtallbrad on 4/08/2010Quite a reach by sappy for J.R. Smith in the fifth round...and yet Smith is a killer role player on the right kind of squad. He does almost nothing for you except serve as one-man three-point assault. I use his 07-08 season whenever I can, and I'm not surprised to see his perceived value rise among owners
I was going to take Redd. Smith is a reach but I did not think he would last until my next pick. He is going to come off the bench.
4/8/2010 1:41 PM
there are several people in this last round who are on my sh*t list for taking the guy I was going to use to replace the guy that someone else just took! lol

I'm up at the recording studio so I'll be in and out of doing evals over the next two days. I'll probably get some time late tonight to catch up.

katernberg - Kevin Garnett, Dikembe Mutombo, Troy Murphy, Maurice Cheeks, Brandon Roy

Roy was a great pick-up (and I hate you for it). He gives you exactly what you needed, both for general strategy and what you told me you're doing. I like it. I like it alot. I really like the whole team, actually. A-

vancem - Moses Malone, Fat Lever, David Lee, Jose Calderon, Michael Redd

Redd was a great pick here. Since you got Fat in the backcourt, you can afford for a shooting guard type at the 3. And Redd has excellent rebounding for a 2 (around 17% combined oreb/dreb). Excellent efg%, lots of threes, one of the lowest tov% in the history of the NBA (since tov was kept), decent defense, and the right minutes for the right price. (I'm assuming you're using the 2312 minute season as I type all of this). The only thing keeping me from giving you an A is Calderon's defense and I think there were several guys you should have aimed for instead of Lee (again, my opinion). Still: B+

lhtgk - Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Scottie Pippen, Marcus Camby, Brent Barry, Connie Hawkins

It's hard to keep getting defensive studs in the late rounds. The Hawk gives you a lot of good things you need. I am not sure you've got enough offense, otherwise I'd love the Hawkins pick. But you might. You say you've got 65%+ ast%, so I'd say you're doing okay there. Boards, check. efg%, check. I have few complaints. B

dh555 - Charles Barkley, Jason Kidd, Manu Ginobili, Patrick Ewing, Mark Price

I'm assuming Price is backing up Kidd or you're running a platoon at the 1 & 2, both by your comments when you drafted him and what your team looks like. If not, I've fallen out of love with this team. Based on this five, I'm giving you a B-. If Price turns out to be a back-up and you've got something up your sleeve for round 6, I'll regrade it.
garyman
- Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Marques Johnson, Brad Daugherty, Sidney Moncrief

The Moncrief pick was your best since Howard. Moncrief helps you not get exploited by Nash's defense as much (both 100% at pg/sg... well, depending on which nash you use, but still... 98% of **** defense is still ****, whereas 100% of great defense is still great). Moncrief also has high efg%, gets to the line a bit, rebounds well from the 2 and makes people around him better. I don't like that your only source of 3s comes from Nash, and I don't like your overall rebounding, despite you making up ground with Moncrief. But you've got a potentially winning squad here if things go right for you. Still, though, the Nash and Daugherty picks (and the guys you passed on for Marques) make me inclined to give you a C.

sappy - Dwyane Wade, Grant Hill, Buck Williams, Zelmo Beaty, J.R. Smith

Hey you got some 3s. I love JR. I love him even in a high cap league with his mediocre defense. I would have loved to grabbed him in round 6 to back-up Granger. You bastard. For some reason, I really like what you've got here. Zelmo doesn't strike my fancy, and I think you're a little light on the boards, but not so light you'll lose (much) because of it. Turnovers might kill you, though. I don't know. I feel like you deserve a B for having the balls to build this type of squad and not screwing it up along the way. If you'd gone somewhere else instead of Zelmo, I'd probably throw a + on there or even go up to an A.

ncih - David Robinson, Bill Walton, Donyell Marshall, Derek Harper, Leandro Barbosa

As I just said, by round 5, it's hard to get a defensive stud at every position. Barbosa is a nice compliment to the Admiral. Offensively, you're in a fine position (3 perimeter scorers, one major paint scorer). You've got decent boards and low turnovers. There's not a lot to not like. A-

tricky24 - Hakeem Olajuwon, Chauncey Billups, Kevin Durant, Red Robbins, Wesley Person

I like Person. I like the type of pick. I think you need more boards, though. That's my only complaint. B

empdenied - Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki, Harry Gallatin, Tiny Archibald, Clifford Ray

D. I assume you will draft a shooting guard at some point, so I'll reconsider your grade when you do so. My original response to this was "??????"

uvasooner I - Magic Johnson, Bob McAdoo, Terrell Brandon, Larry Nance, Arvydas Sabonis

Typical uva pick. I really wanted Sabonis, but knew I wouldn't get him after you. There's nothing you don't have, and you know it. A+

uvasooner II - Larry Bird, Clyde Drexler, Walt Frazier, Horace Grant, Paul Millsap

Millsap to me wasn't as good as the rest of your picks, but it's very similar to your Sabonis pick. This team is fearsome. A

scudmissle - Artis Gilmore, Carlos Boozer, Mookie Blaylock, Jerry West, Anthony Mason

First reacton: I'm not crazy about the Mason pick, but I have no actual reasoning behind it nor have any real clue about what I think you should have done better. In fact, after my gut reaction, he actually is the perfect guy for the SF with a West team, and with A-Train & Booze, an effective rebounder from the 3. Mason is someone who has often gone a round (or even two) earlier. I can think of maybe one other guy I would use here, but yeah, this is about as good as it gets. A
4/8/2010 5:50 PM
yea im using 92-93 price(2380mins) to platoon with kidd and manu...wanted offensive firepower from the backcourt and i love this season from price....24.5%usg...27.5pp48...54.6%efg...122 3s...289/305fts...29.2%ast
4/8/2010 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By dh555 on 4/08/2010and i love this season from price
moooookie... moooookie... moooookie
4/8/2010 10:11 PM
mark price is gonna drop bombs right in mookies mug
4/8/2010 10:54 PM
98moron - Oscar Robertson, Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Emeka Okafor, Jerome Williams

Damn. B+

shapandrew - Karl Malone, Tracy McGrady, Tyson Chandler, Amare Stoudemire, Jason Terry

Terry's the type of PG you want, but I don't think he's the one you were really looking for. Maybe he was. Offensive boards, fouls and defense are all minor concerns. B
4/8/2010 11:55 PM
you're right, ash. was looking for price. think i have a plan to make it work, but draft leagues tend to cut my nuts off. we shall see. thinking i'll miss the dance again.
4/9/2010 12:06 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Funk 52 XXVIII Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.