Savage IV Rosters/Commentary Topic

Congrats, Kinoa!

I really enjoyed my first season of Savage. Can't wait for the next one.
5/31/2021 2:31 PM
Thanks everyone. Congrats to Ash on a fantastic run. He was just as worthy of the Savage crown. Only 4 points separated us.

Dorothy Mantooth really is a saint. That team was down in all 4 series ... 1-2, 0-3, 1-3 and 1-3. I've never seen a team persevere like that one.
5/31/2021 2:40 PM
Dorothy Mantooth ! *CONGRATZ*
5/31/2021 2:57 PM
Does Dorothy know Peggy?
5/31/2021 3:04 PM
Peggy was down on all 4's too
5/31/2021 3:12 PM
So Dorothy Mantooth was at least 10-0 in elimination games. That's impressive!
5/31/2021 3:18 PM
Posted by kinoa1 on 5/31/2021 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Thanks everyone. Congrats to Ash on a fantastic run. He was just as worthy of the Savage crown. Only 4 points separated us.

Dorothy Mantooth really is a saint. That team was down in all 4 series ... 1-2, 0-3, 1-3 and 1-3. I've never seen a team persevere like that one.
Thanks, man. You not only had the hardest regular season schedule in (probably) Savage history, your did what you had to do in the playoffs to get the crown, while I got swept with one division leading team in round 2 & got put out in round 1 with probably my 2nd best team - the one that shared a division with ol' Dorothy. The playoffs matter!

Not only are you the first two-time Savage winner, you're 2/2!

5/31/2021 3:40 PM
Not only do the playoffs matter, every single game from every team all season matters. Just an amazing league.
5/31/2021 3:56 PM
There does need to be a legit tie-breaker in place btw. There is a scenario where I win two more games in the playoffs without any additional bonus, and we'd be sitting in a pickle. I have the following suggestion while keeping in mind that the postseason should matter slightly more than regular season:

1) Titles - who won more titles? (Kinoa would still be the winner in aforementioned hypothetical scenario)
2) If we're still tied, who had more overall playoff points (including bye & title bonuses). (Kinoa still would have won)
3) If we're still tied, who got more teams into the playoffs?
4) If we're still tied, what was their overall head to head, both playoffs & regular season?

If we get to this point and they're still tied, I don't know what you do. Common opponent record would be hard to figure out. Could take strength of schedule into account (actual SoS where you don't penalize them for winning games), but again, that takes a while to figure out. Maybe overall point differential. Maybe you just call them Jason Kidd & Grant Hill (ie co-rookie of the year).

This is all just off the top of my head & is, again, just a suggestion. Food for thought, so to speak.
5/31/2021 4:09 PM
wow what a finish!

kinoa wins game 6 in overtime behind a monster performance from timmmmay(53/23/6 and 10 blocks!)...shawn marion had 64!!!! points for robusk in the loss...didnt know marion was capable of that

then he wins game 7 to narrowly beat ash for the savage crown

just an incredible performance from kinoa...truly the Savage King
5/31/2021 4:50 PM
Congrats Kinoa
5/31/2021 4:52 PM
Posted by ashamael on 5/31/2021 4:09:00 PM (view original):
There does need to be a legit tie-breaker in place btw. There is a scenario where I win two more games in the playoffs without any additional bonus, and we'd be sitting in a pickle. I have the following suggestion while keeping in mind that the postseason should matter slightly more than regular season:

1) Titles - who won more titles? (Kinoa would still be the winner in aforementioned hypothetical scenario)
2) If we're still tied, who had more overall playoff points (including bye & title bonuses). (Kinoa still would have won)
3) If we're still tied, who got more teams into the playoffs?
4) If we're still tied, what was their overall head to head, both playoffs & regular season?

If we get to this point and they're still tied, I don't know what you do. Common opponent record would be hard to figure out. Could take strength of schedule into account (actual SoS where you don't penalize them for winning games), but again, that takes a while to figure out. Maybe overall point differential. Maybe you just call them Jason Kidd & Grant Hill (ie co-rookie of the year).

This is all just off the top of my head & is, again, just a suggestion. Food for thought, so to speak.
yea it would have been disastrous if this ended in a tie....i cant stand ties in any competition(dont get me started on the nfl)

definitely an oversight on my part not to have a tiebreaker

im gonna put these tiebreakers in for next season...

1. titles
2. playoff points
3. regular season points
4. head to head(playoffs and regular season combined)
5. virtual coin flip
5/31/2021 4:58 PM
i dont have a start date for Savage V in mind as of right now...all i can say is that it will be sometime in june

does anyone know when the all defense teams will be announced?
5/31/2021 5:04 PM
Not sure, but I'd be fine with a 2-4 week break to get prepared / stuff out of the way.
5/31/2021 5:07 PM
Thank you for the nice words DH, and big thanks for doing such a great job running this amazing league once again. And also a big shout out to Rob for the spreadsheet keeping us all updated. Huge help my man.
5/31/2021 9:29 PM
◂ Prev 1...45|46|47|48 Next ▸
Savage IV Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.