ODL XXXVI Commentary Topic

I too am confused by this word injury. What does it mean?
5/2/2010 12:25 PM
jak is a noob
5/2/2010 12:46 PM
I draft sub 19k minutes as much as possible. With Martin I won;t be able to though. And no, they do not have be 0% for injury.....
5/2/2010 2:42 PM
I've never had anyone get hurt, even last season when I ran Zo and a guy that hasn't been drafted practically all season between 75% and 85% fatigue
5/2/2010 3:06 PM
So where are the final evals?
5/3/2010 3:55 PM
this isn't funk52
5/3/2010 5:09 PM
i was hoping we could get some more completely wrong playoff predictions, just like last year ;)
5/4/2010 8:53 AM
registering disappointment in not seeing final evaluations from scud and ash
5/4/2010 10:47 AM
ash has been busy dancing
5/4/2010 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by felonius on 5/04/2010registering disappointment in not seeing final evaluations from scud and ash

sorry man... the last 2 rounds of the draft went by real fast during the busiest time of the week for me and I still haven't had a chance to play catch up. If more owners really want to see what I think of the final 2 rounds, I'll take some time and do it (this is my friday).
5/4/2010 4:02 PM
I love your evaluations!!!!
5/4/2010 6:15 PM
5/4/2010 6:35 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
5/4/2010 7:27 PM
Spencer Haywood is gonna eat lightning and crap thunder! Chauncey Billups will rain down threes like Kansas hail, and Ambassador Mutombo will wag the mighty finger of moral rectitude. Armageddon is coming, gentlemen.
5/4/2010 7:50 PM
jakotay - Chris Paul, Hakeem Olajuwon, Antawn Jamison, Mark Landsberger, Kevin Martin

I don't like the Martin pick, although he does give you some nice efg% and a lot of ftas. You can work around it as long as you don't do what you did in the 6th... I think you would have been better off doing a platoon of sub 22% usage guys at the 2 guard, be damned about FTA. Still, can make a decent team.

tarheel - Shaquille O'Neal, Mel Daniels, Manu Ginobili, Mike Miller, Damon Jones

This is the quintessential $42M team. A year ago. Ginobili and Miller give you enough boards at the 2 and the 3 to keep you competitive versus the few board lord teams, though, so it will do okay but I'm not sure it'll be enough. I'm not seeing a third guy in your line-up that's 22%+ usage, though... Shaq and Ginobili are both really high, though, so you'll be fine.

ashamael - Dwight Howard, Troy Murphy, Kevin Johnson, Vince Carter, Erick Dampier

I don't eval my own team. I like my chances, but I don't think I've got the best team, either. I really regret picking Murphy, but looking back, I don't think I would have liked going Hakeem either, which was basically who it came down to. That or a point guard, but I got the guy I wanted in round 3 anyway...

ncih - Kevin McHale, Ben Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Tony Parker, Brad Davis

Your rebounding will keep you in games. Your lack of three point shooting will make winning with any consistency frustrating. This is my least favorite team I've ever seen you put together, but it could still win enough games to sneak in should the alignment fall your way. I doubt it, though...

rylan127 - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Kobe Bryant, Don Buse, Raja Bell, Julius Keye

Keye was not the guy here. You could have platooned a couple of mid minute guys that rebounded much better and achieved the same thing. You've got some nice offensive elements, but I'm not sure they're enough.

robocoach - Oscar Robertson, Dirk Nowitzki, Clyde Drexler, Samuel Dalembert, Rashard Lewis

Dalembert I understood if disagreed with. Lewis I flat out don't like. He doesn't fit with this team worth a damn. You had wonderful synergy with Dirk, the Big O and the Glide... Lewis doesn't give you the boards you need when you have Dirk on your team (though Oscar and Glide help). Threes are always good, but not at the expense of boards. The elite teams find a way to do both, along with ftas and good efg%. Still, this will be a dangerous team and win its share of games. ***update*** Sabonis was a badass pick. I'm indifferent to the other, but Sabonis was the kind of guy I was looking for when you took Dalembert. That'll be a nice rotation at center.

felonius - Shawn Marion, Wes Unseld, Gary Payton, Brad Daugherty, Chris Mullin

I went from feeling unsure about this squad to loving it. Mullin is a great compliment to what you've got going here. I think boards may be a little light, but you've got enough to stay competitive with the board lord teams. I really liked the Daugherty pick and then the Mullin pick clinched it for me. ***update*** Gasol and Wood were really good pickups on the bench. It's always nice when you can get a back-up that performs similarly to the starter, and you've done that. Really, really like this squad now.

eleibowitz - David Robinson, Paul Pierce, Jose Calderon, Richard Jefferson, Andres Biedrins

I like Biedrins. I really do. I'm just still in a flux because of RJ. You'll be dangerous, particular to teams with bad defensive backcourts (/wave!!), but I don't see a lot of consistency here. I really disagree with Scud as to what Admiral you should use, so take that however you like.

98average - Larry Bird, Dana Barros, Robert Parish, Buck Williams, Penny Hardaway

Penny is such a nice player. I like the fit with this team, too. He'll get you some boards from the 2, a lot of ftas and a few threes, while making everyone else better. You've easily got 60%+ ast% from your 1, 2 and 3... and everybody here has a nice efg%. This is a good team.

longtallbrad - Chauncey Billups, Dikembe Mutombo, Spencer Haywood, Mitch Richmond, Hedo Turkoglu

I LOVE the Hedo pick. I have been meaning to use the guy for a while, just never have put him with a line-up I liked. He fits in so nicely with what you've got going in your backcourt... I still feel the same way about shooting yourself in or out of a series, but I'm fairly confident you'll be in a series to do that in. Boards are a smidge light, but I still like it.

captainzen - Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Cedric Maxwell, Michael Cage, Darrell Walker

I like Walker, but I don't think this is a very good $42M team. You've got boards, sure. You've got low turnovers. But I'm not feeling the offense. Ced and Jesus have high efg%, but your only threes are coming from Allen. I don't think you can draft enough threes on the bench to make up for it with the amount of time these five will see the floor. I could be wrong. You'll win a lot of games on fundamentals alone, but I don't think you've got a true contender here.

dh555 - Tracy McGrady, Jerry Lucas, Connie Hawkins, Al Jefferson, Muggsy Bogues

I like the Muggsy pick and dislike it at the same time. I feel about this team like I feel about the one above you: You need threes. McGrady will absolutely explode with this squad, though, so that is definitely a good thing. You've got loads of boards, so that's good. You're just going to get outscored by the most frustratingly inferior teams on occasion (occasion enough to frustrate you).

coachcroft - Jason Kidd, Peja Stojakovic, Julius Erving, Nate Thurmond, Tiny Archibald

I'm kind of scratching my head here. Tiny is a $42M god, and you needed his offense, but you need boards. Nate the great and Kidd aren't enough by themselves. I'm guessing you're using Dr. J at PF, which might mean you're using one of his 30%+ creb% seasons, which helps... but I still think you're light on the boards.

lhtgk - Bill Russell, Karl Malone, Jerry West, Jayson Williams, George McCloud

I think you would have been better off to platoon your SG for more threes... or have gotten a PG that shot a lot... West and Malone are monsters, but they need to be fed.

xxevilivexx - Artis Gilmore, Swen Nater, David Lee, Mark Price, Joel Przbylla

this is one where I'll have to look at round 6 because you don't have any shooting guards. Price can't do it all himself. You're definitely a board hound of a team, though. **update*** checked your round 6... still don't feel you've got enough firepower. Korver's a great guy if you've already got a ton of scoring, but really Price is your only gunner... Even Gilmore is a sub 22% usage guy (depending on season, and the best ones are sub 22%). I don't like Crawford, either.

bsmuke - Bob McAdoo, John Stockton, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Hersey Hawkins

I like the Hawkins pick and dislike it at the same time. He'll either be the perfect compliment or a distraction for your core. I'd like it a lot better if Scottie Pippen wasn't your three-man and someone who rebounded more and/or got to the line more was.
5/4/2010 7:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9 Next ▸
ODL XXXVI Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.