NL West 2018 Draft (DONE) Topic

Eduardo Escobar $2,847,246 ($97,913,110)

d_rock - you may want to double check your math. Maybe I’m missing something, but I have you over budget with the Chapman & Bogaerts picks.
9/2/2021 4:35 PM
BigS brought it to my attention. Seems as I listed the slightly more expensive Ramos here, but drafted the same Ramos that was 40k less.

I have my total at $99,988,857
9/2/2021 4:41 PM
You have Ramos listed at $3,400,881. I checked again and the math comes out at $100,031,115.

Looks like you picked the NL version instead of the AL version ($3,358,623) of the same player. Normalized stats are ever so slightly different. I'm not a stickler for that error because if anyone of us were drafting we would select the cheaper version of the exact same player. I'm okay with it.

Ramos must bat left-handed against my team, though.
9/2/2021 4:58 PM
We need a commissioner to rule on this. I'll sitemail ozo. I believe the rule is the posted salary in the forum is the one that is valid.
9/2/2021 4:58 PM
In the meantime, us other 3 owners can continue drafting. Worst case scenario for d-rock is that he would need to repick his last 2 players. There are other options that would work.
9/2/2021 5:06 PM
I didn’t realize my oopsie was this big. I can put Pablo Reyes back on the block and use a 200k scrub in his place.

It was apart of my strategy to draft 3B and SS last

I apologize
9/2/2021 5:28 PM
Allowing owners to revise forum picks (after several rounds have passed) unfortunately creates a bad precedent. I feel for you d-rock, it was an honest mistake. We've all been there. However, in the interest of objectivity, ozo or schwarze needs to rule on this.
9/2/2021 5:35 PM
Round 23: Taylor Cole $1,243,479 ($98,417,641)

9/2/2021 5:51 PM
Yeahhh, I didn’t even think of that, I was just thinking “oh the BA+ is one point off, it won’t be gamebreaking”.

Regardless of whether they want me to replace my last two picks, allow me to select someone else in Pablo Reyes place (who was gonna be a designated PHer), or forgive me of my mistake, I’ll accept it and make my change ASAP
9/2/2021 5:52 PM
I'm going to pause the draft here and wait for shwarze or Ozo to decide. The big thing for me is that the error is carried through the entire league and not just the division. And, so, we, the NL West, can't decide for everyone.
9/2/2021 6:18 PM
Well shoot, I prefaced what I was doing to make it to where y’all wouldn’t have to wait on me (and I wouldn’t have to check my phone), and I did the complete opposite of my intentions. (Facepalm emoji)
9/2/2021 6:28 PM
I think it makes sense just to walk your last pick, but it’s not my decision.
9/2/2021 7:09 PM
Well now that I’m home, I built teams for all 3 scenarios:

Scenario 1: Ozo/everyone forgives my mistake, I use the same Ramos that’s 40k cheaper, salary $99,988,857

Scenario 2: Y’all recognize I drafted in the order I did because the rest of my division couldn’t afford full time players, so I went after the last bench spot first. Keep Chapman and Bogaerts, rescind Reyes, and pick whoever’s left at the very end of the draft

Scenario 3: I have to keep both Reyes and the more expensive Ramos, I draft Rendon ($5,120,691) and Simmons ($5,635,046), both of whom can’t be afforded by anyone else, salary $99,868,410

Anywho, I did all this so y’all can finish up real quick and I wouldn’t have to check my phone, again sorry for being the source of drama, this is not the community I want to draw the ire of. I’ll go hide until Ozo needs a commissioner as this is my last roster to build (but I will revisit the 5 clone one).
9/2/2021 9:09 PM
d_rock, don't lose any sleep about this, it's no big thing. In any of your projected scenarios, you still have a real good team. Rest easy.
9/2/2021 9:27 PM
While we're waiting out this rain delay, we could all name our five favourite bands or musicians.

For me: The Replacements, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, R.E.M. I'm thankful I saw all of them live.
9/2/2021 11:13 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10 Next ▸
NL West 2018 Draft (DONE) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.