Addl PA/pitches allocated during playoffs Topic

I realize that everyone is set to at least 95% of their totals when the playoffs. But I'm assuming that even if a guy has used all of his PA plus the bonus by the end of the season, he'll still get additional PA for the playoffs. What is this number, and is it flat for the playoffs, flat for a series, or on a per-game basis?
9/28/2009 3:35 PM
Per game basis as during the regular season - in essence, you can view it as if a player's (PA/162 + 10%) has been divided by 162 to give WIS PA/game. That many PA per game will be added to the player's effective season total for fatigue purposes in the playoffs. This includes "days off" earned when your team wins a series faster than the team you'll be playing in the next round.
9/28/2009 4:10 PM
Game 1 of the playoffs is your 163rd game of the season.
9/28/2009 4:32 PM
Ah, I see. And with respect to the off day structure - do you only get them if you finish a series earlier than your opponent, or do you also get them for finishing a series early, period? And are there any built in no matter what, even if you play every game?
9/28/2009 4:33 PM
You only get days off when you finish earlier than your opponent. However, you do get the equivalent of a day of rest after each series for pitchers who are fatigued due to recent use. It won't help fatigued hitters or bring pitchers at x% over their allotment back to 100%; however, it will let the guys who pitched in the last game of one series be available again for the next series if they're within their seasonal pitch allotment.
9/28/2009 4:37 PM
Ok, all cleared up, thanks! It's weird that the days off only happen when there is a difference in GP - if you and your opponent both sweep, and the series doesn't start till a fixed time anyway, it's strange that no extra amount is given.
9/28/2009 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By yankeedoodle on 9/28/2009Ok, all cleared up, thanks! It's weird that the days off only happen when there is a difference in GP - if you and your opponent both sweep, and the series doesn't start till a fixed time anyway, it's strange that no extra amount is given
I've always thought this was flawed as well. If you finish the series in fewer games than the max, I think all players on ur team should get rest days (regardless of the other series).
9/28/2009 7:51 PM
Addl PA/pitches allocated during playoffs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.