Show Recommendations wise or not? Topic

I've got a team in a slump so in order to play around with my lineup some I enterred it into a SimMatchup against the 98 Yankees and then the 27 Yankees. I noticed the lineup Sim gave me was much different batting order than what I have been playing. In the managers menu I clicked Show Recommendations and it showed me the exact batting order that it used in SimMatchup. So I went with it. Won. Not at all concluding anything by it however I am curious what you think about Sparky's recommendations as it pertains to your lineup. I never use it for pitching recommendations outside of occasionally pitch count recommendations.
10/4/2009 2:44 PM
I had a puppy once named Sparky. Cute, but not real bright. I wouldn't let sim-Sparky manage my lineups anymore than beagle-Sparky.

10/4/2009 3:42 PM

Tail Up is a fastball....wagging it is a curve...turning your hind end towards the pitcher and raising your tail cannot be a good sign
10/4/2009 4:30 PM
Sparky uses simple logic. fast guy bats leadoff, HR hitter bats 4th, most IP starts game 1, most Saves is closer, etc. If you can think about more than one thing at a time, you can make a better lineup than Sparky. however, good lineups can't beat dumb luck in the short term.
10/4/2009 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By rbow923 on 10/04/2009Sparky uses simple logic. fast guy bats leadoff, HR hitter bats 4th, most IP starts game 1, most Saves is closer, etc. If you can think about more than one thing at a time, you can make a better lineup than Sparky. however, good lineups can't beat dumb luck in the short term.
Dumb luck kicks arse.
10/4/2009 9:28 PM
Show Recommendations wise or not? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.