Does defense really matter? Topic

I just finished a season that the team with far and away the best record (119-43) made 157 errors and had a superior to inferior defense plays of 19-44.

So how much does defense really matter?
10/9/2009 11:10 PM
It matters a lot. Thats why poor fielders cost less than good ones. In an ideal database, your poor fielders should be just as fairly priced as the good ones. Unfortunatley in this Sim, poor fielders are almost always overpriced because of admin misjudging the value of defense, however there are a few poor fielders out there that are usable and a very few that are even bargains. So, this fella that won 119 games probably wasn't someone who wasn't clever enough to draft 'A' fielders. He just got discounts where bad fielding was drafted and had the same opportunity to make a great offense as you did; and its all about the offense. I'm going with a 'C' fielding shortstop (GASP!) in a couple leagues, because hes unique, I need him, and I think hes reasonably priced compared to most of the grossly overpriced 'C' fielding shortstops.
10/10/2009 8:39 AM
Does defense really matter? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.