I’m Sure the NBA SIM is Next Topic

This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
11/4/2009 1:27 PM
Found the below post elsewhere in the Forums. Hope the poster doesn't mind. To steal from someone's response to it there, IMAGINE IF THE NBA SIM RECEIVED 1% OF THIS ATTENTION.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here is an example of what happens 3-4 times a year with a baseball sim I play. It's been this way for at least 6 years...that's how long I've been playing. I'm guessing it was that way before, as well.

Almost all of the changes, innovations, etc, that have been made to the game...and their have been MANY...have come from a forum called "Suggest Enhancements". It's amazing what happens when the folks programming the game actually read the comments and suggestions of the folks who are playing their game...and take them seriously, and work at incorporating them into the sim.

If you continue reading, imagine what GD could be like if WIS paid half as much attention to their customers...

New Changes coming on November 12th

The following changes will be moved into place around 2PM EST on November 12th.

If you have any questions or comments about these changes, please post them in this thread:

color=#004455http://forum.simdynasty.com/viewthread.php?tid=244349

If any of these changes spark an idea for a new change or a similar change, please create a new thread in Suggest Enhancements so the idea doesn't get lost.

Here is the list:

Enhancements
- You will be able to waive guys directly from the major leagues. If they are out of options, they will go through Option Waivers first. If unclaimed, they will go through regular waivers. If unclaimed, they will become Free Agents. You can waive these players from the Promote/Demote screen which has been renamed Promote/Waive.

- If you trade for a draft pick, the news related to that pick will now show the player drafted with that pick. This will only work for players going forward and the news is changed when the Draftees are populated the next season.

- Private leagues that use Lotteries, Loss Penalties, or other rules to re-order the draft will now be able to do this at any point, rather than just between the OffSeason and Draft. Only the playoff teams will have their draft order set automatically by Abe. If your league needs to be setup with this feature, please post a note in Support after November 12th and we'll set you up.

- Added AllStar appearances to the player cards (new cards only).

- Created a new Injury system, System 0. With this system your league will not have any injuries. Private and Speed leagues that want to use this should contact us via Support for details on making the change.

- There is a new feature in the Owner cards related to Leagues. If you click on the League Name, it will give you a list of every team that has ever appeared in the league along with the stats of each team (W-L Record, Championships, Prestige, etc.)

- Changed the owner and team cards area to allow for negative Prestige. Before, if you were below 0 Abe rounded this up to 0.

- Added a new page called Owner Leaders. This will allow you to view the top owners on the site by various criteria such as most games won, winning percentage, and championships won.

- Added a new minor league Improvement System, System 4. This will be very similar to System 3 except that it is geared towards having 25 players in the minors rather than 15. You'll get 10 ICs per game, but will be penalized for having less than 25 minor leaguers. This means you'll have 25 guys who get 64.8 ICs per season. Leagues that might want to use this should contact us via Support to see about making the change.

- Added a new page called Head-to-Head Records. This will show you the records of each team verses every other team in the league for the current season.

- Put in support so that teams can move to a new city. Replacement teams will automatically be given this privilege. Existing teams can move for a one time fee of $5. This will be similar to changing a team's nickname, in that pages like Standings, League Leaders, and Player cards will have no record of the team being in the old city and it will appear that the team always played in the new city. If you're interested in moving your team, post in Support and we'll provide a payment link. Replacement teams can automatically request a move after they enter the league by going to Owner->Edit Profile.

- Changed the logic for Retirement Systems 2 and 3. Waiver wire players aged 34 and older will automatically retire. Previously, this was set to 30.

- For major league improvement chances, the system used to look at how many games a player had started when determining the health multiplier. The result of this is that players who platooned or who were yanked after 2 at bats could get more ICs than a player who played every day. This has been changed to use games played instead.

- Added manager preferences for Pinch Runners.

- Added Popup/Quick Cards to every player link on the site.

- Added a 9th set of logos for each city.

- On the player cards, hovering over a year will show you which awards the player won. Also, added a column to the page to graphically show which awards they won.

Minor Site Fixes
- In case of an allstar or gold glove tie, the pages have been updated to reflect the proper winner on these pages

- Corrected the team cap and nickname on the player cards for retired players, and the team nicknames on the league leaders page. They will use the same logic, whichever team you appeared in more seasons for will be the team you'll belong to when you retire.

- On the AllStar or Gold Glove page, if you click a position you get the breakdown of voting for that position. Problem was if you were looking at an older year and clicked this, you always got the position breakdown for the current year. We fixed this.

- Fixed the centering and added a couple graphics to the Gold Glove page.

- Today when visiting the Depth Chart page, the page decides whether or not to show you CPs based on the improvement system of the league you are logged into. We've changed this so it is based on the league you are viewing.

- Fixed a bug with the results page related to hiding playoff results. When the league date was reaching 10/24, the page wasn't properly hiding the playoff game results. We've fixed this.

- Sometimes when you claimed a player on waivers, his stat line would be missing the team information. This caused his stats not to count on the Team Stats page. This has been fixed.

- Fixed a bug on the Player Rankings page for Defense related to traded players.

- Re-worded the pitcher effectiveness area in Manager Preferences for clarity.

- Corrected the grammar in the Player News area when a player is selected in an Expansion Draft

Minor Game Fixes
- Fixed a bug where defenders weren't playing "in" after the 10th inning, when your preferences indicated they should.

- If a runner reaches on an error, then is wiped out as part of a double play, pick off, or caught stealing, for earned run purposes it should be like that runner never existed. We've made an adjustment so Abe treats it that way.

- With 2 outs, if a ball is hit to the P, C, or 1B, they will no longer try for the force out and will just throw to first base.

- Fixed a reporting error in the boxscore related to removing tired starting pitchers when a runner is on at least X base. Sometimes the boxscore was mis-reporting what your preference was, even though it followed the pref correctly.

11/4/2009 8:53 PM
Statheads love hardball. Always will make hardball a winner for the WIS clowns.

NBA lovers need some love / respect. Seble - hook it up man. It is really beyond pathetic at this point.
11/5/2009 12:23 AM
Let's not kid ourselves. The NBA sim will be yanked off this site in the next 6 months because it's not generating enough revenue to justify the expenditures (as minute as they are).
11/5/2009 8:34 PM
I sure hope that's not true. Despite things I'd like to see changed (which aren't always the same things others complain about), I'm obviously content to keep putting my dimes in the slot and playing the game. It's a good time, even when it drives me bat****.
11/6/2009 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By longtallbrad on 11/06/2009I sure hope that's not true. Despite things I'd like to see changed (which aren't always the same things others complain about), I'm obviously content to keep putting my dimes in the slot and playing the game. It's a good time, even when it drives me bat****
Sadly true for many of us.
11/6/2009 8:01 AM
I don't see them deleting the NBA sim.

The NFL sim is much less popular and it's still around.
11/6/2009 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ncih on 11/06/2009I don't see them deleting the NBA sim.The NFL sim is much less popular and it's still around.

This is what we say in the hockey forums in regards to the NBA.
11/6/2009 6:27 PM
Deletion won't happen.

Disregard is likely.
11/7/2009 12:45 AM
I expect they have a group deal on using the names in all the sports and it doesn't cost much at all in server space for the NBA and NFL sims to just sit there.

I think deleting the NBA and NFL, even as slow as both are, would probably lose them more in revenue than it would save them in costs.
11/7/2009 9:11 AM
I’m Sure the NBA SIM is Next Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.