I understand that they don't need to be good and there's the luck of the draw in terms of relative quality, but in my group of three rookies I have nobody 100% at either PG or C !
1/28/2010 10:52 AM
it's not an issue if u build teams that dont need to rely on the rook's minutes... with current salaries the way they r, why is being short on minutes even a problem?

hmmm...
1/28/2010 11:22 AM
because everybody is trying to get the most bang for their buck. I have run into this a couple of times. Here's my advice, if you're dead set on drafting less than 19.2k minutes:

make sure that most of your backups can play multiple positions. Grab a guy that can go 100% at sg/pg to back up your back up PG as well as your SG. Grab a couple of guys that are 100% at pf/C. Look for a couple of guys that can maybe play 100% at three positions, even if you don't really intend on using them. One of my favorites for this is Brad Lohaus, who you can get for $270k and plays 598 minutes. I rarely even play him half of those minutes, but when a starter hits cluster foul problems and the back-up ends up extremely fatigued, I can sub Lohaus in for one game and let that sub get some needed rest. As the season progresses, I end up using him less and less, and I'm okay with that, because I didn't really waste a bunch of money on the guy..
1/28/2010 5:46 PM
yeah, yeah, yeah....

if u want the most bang for your buck that's one thing... but if u want the most bang for your buck and find yourself short on mins, then u can't complain about the rooks.

1/28/2010 10:43 PM
a rookie playing at 100% efficiency sucks, a rookie playing at less than 100% efficiency still sucks - is there really that big a difference between a 1 rating and 90% of a 1 rating? it's crap minutes either way

and besides as glitchy and outliery as this sim is you are just as likely to get a Jon Stockton performance from your 1-1-1 SG playing out of position for 3 minutes as you are to get from playing Stockton for those 3 minutes
1/28/2010 11:34 PM
I don't rely on the minutes except to relieve my $239K guys when the sim plays them overtime in blowouts/end of game situations and they end up at 85%..... It just blows to have them suck more than they already do.......
1/30/2010 8:41 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.