Help For Newbies 2009 Topic

This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
2/10/2009 5:28 PM
RESERVED
2/10/2009 5:31 PM
There haven't been any major sim changes in the last 6 months (which you'll notice before long is commonplace around here), so these guidelines should still work, so long as they were effective in February.
8/31/2009 12:49 PM
Is there a reason why you're favoring forwards and centers over guards when it comes to usage?

Do you get any advantage for drafting higher than normal usage guys? Teams average 100% usage when taking into account all 48 minutes at each position. If you are at 110%, will your guys shoot a higher percentage due to superior shot creation?

Is there a way to see TS on this site instead of the inferior eFG? I can use basketball reference, but they don't have the estimated data for older players.
8/31/2009 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By tnbishop on 8/31/2009(1) Is there a reason why you're favoring forwards and centers over guards when it comes to usage?

(2) Do you get any advantage for drafting higher than normal usage guys? Teams average 100% usage when taking into account all 48 minutes at each position. If you are at 110%, will your guys shoot a higher percentage due to superior shot creation?

(3) Is there a way to see TS on this site instead of the inferior eFG? I can use basketball reference, but they don't have the estimated data for older players.

(1) No, I just gave one example of how to build a team (not saying this is the absolute best).

(2) You need enough usage% to avoid possession penalties. There comes a point where more usage% doesn't have a positive effect on your team.

(3) Not currently.
8/31/2009 5:37 PM
it seems like too much usage can be detrimental almost
8/31/2009 5:38 PM
Well you are paying for usage so too much usage means that you are paying for points that your team will never score. From what I have seen anything over 120 usage on the court really starts to hurt your team.
9/1/2009 3:04 PM
bumped for 2010
2/22/2010 9:34 PM
Help For Newbies 2009 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.