ODL XXXVI Commentary Topic

round 6 will likely not happen, but in some cases I might go back and revise should I see drastic improvements with the new draftees.
5/4/2010 7:54 PM
Thanks for all the work, ash! Enjoyable and thought-provoking as always. (And I'm really surprised by some the players who went undrafted.)

My team is light on offensive boards especially (although Jeff Foster in a three-big rotation helps some). I'm more worried about lack of major paint offense, but we'll see how it plays out.
5/4/2010 8:04 PM
thanks loads for the evals - love em
5/4/2010 8:13 PM
Brad, I'm flat out floored that one guy in particular that didn't go. He's usually a 2nd round pick... Expensive for a $42M league, but worth it. If you build the team right, anyway...
5/4/2010 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ashamael on 5/04/2010

tarheel - Shaquille O'Neal, Mel Daniels, Manu Ginobili, Mike Miller, Damon Jones

This is the quintessential $42M team. A year ago. Ginobili and Miller give you enough boards at the 2 and the 3 to keep you competitive versus the few board lord teams, though, so it will do okay but I'm not sure it'll be enough. I'm not seeing a third guy in your line-up that's 22%+ usage, though... Shaq and Ginobili are both really high, though, so you'll be fine.

I'm actually starting Dunn, which should make me a pretty good rebounding team, at least with my starting lineup - I have total rebound percentages of about 40/94. I might be a little short on assists when he's in at the point, but I think even with his 10% usage I'll be ok in that department - except for the times when he's in and Shaq is out.
5/4/2010 9:06 PM
I updated a couple of people's stuff... those whose 6th rounds really made a difference or just flat out were great picks. Lot of good 6th round picks all-in-all.
5/4/2010 9:09 PM
thanks ash!

eleibowitz - David Robinson, Paul Pierce, Jose Calderon, Richard Jefferson, Andres Biedrins

I like Biedrins. I really do. I'm just still in a flux because of RJ. You'll be dangerous, particular to teams with bad defensive backcourts (/wave!!), but I don't see a lot of consistency here. I really disagree with Scud as to what Admiral you should use, so take that however you like

My reasoning for RJ. He may have some detractors about him but the two things he really does well is getting to the foul line and not turning the ball over. With my David Robinson choice that are two of his strong points also. And with Pierce when you chosing him there's a tradeoff for his two top years. One has great 3pts but less FTA and the other has the opposite. So I took the more 3pts (and more mins too) and made up for the lack of FTA with RJ. I figured I can get more 3pa in the 6th round. Which I did they combined for over 400 3pa. RJ also has 16% Dreb an eFG of 52% with 22% usg and 13% assit
5/5/2010 5:33 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9
ODL XXXVI Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.