I'm confused.  I have Neftali Feliz in an OL.  He is Setup A (eligible to enter the game in the 7th), Fatigue set at 95%, TPC 10, MPC 10, pull 3.  He was at 75% at the start of my last game.  I had 1 guy at Long B at 100%, availible in the 5th inning and after.  Why does sparky bring in Feliz in the 8th, at 75%, and have him throw 20 pitches???

Shouldn't Sparky have put in the Long B guy?  Why was Feliz left in past 10 pitch max?

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=13008716&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=10

10/21/2010 8:09 PM
Are you absolutely sure the Long B guy was at 100% before this game was played?  Judging by the fact that four relievers were used before Feliz, and that Cooney (at 85%) was used after Feliz, it sure looks like Sparky tried to use every available reliever before going to the tired guys.  If the Long B was fatigued below his autorest setting, then all you had left were 3 guys who were tired, and it's not clear how Sparky makes decisions in that case.

As to why Feliz was left in past the TPC of 10, what is his MPC?  If his MPC is 20 (or higher) then once he's in the game, since you had only other tired relievers left, Sparky is going to use him beyond his TPC.

I bumped a thread for you where I've tried to outline (as best I can determine) how these decisions are made.

10/21/2010 8:57 PM
His MPC was 10.  I'm sure there was some logic I'm missing, but the MPC thing is strange.  Thanks for the response.
10/22/2010 8:40 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.