New Player Release Topic

Barring any last minute issues, I'm going to release the new batch of players tomorrow (9/3). The effectiveness changes from the "Position effectiveness changes" thread will be implemented with this.

As I mentioned earlier, the release will not affect leagues in progress. Any league that has not been scheduled at the time of release will be sent back to the draft center. All players in the draft center will then be updated to the new version.
9/2/2008 10:38 AM
is this why the draft center is not currently working? I get no results for all of my searches. I submitted a ticket too...
9/3/2008 10:55 AM
It was down for a little while. I think it should be fine now.
9/3/2008 1:06 PM
FYI, the update should all be out now. Let me know if you see any issues.
9/3/2008 2:36 PM
seble, out of curiousity, does position effectiveness have any bearing on salary? thx.
9/3/2008 2:46 PM
seble, I'm weirded out. Salaries are changing every time I log on. I had a $47 mil team ready to go before the changes, then immediately after the changes was $2.3 mil over the cap. I redrafted to just under 47. I logged back in after an hour and the same team was $5 mil under. Bill Russell had gone from $9 mil to $7 mil, Lever had dropped by a million, etc.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm realizing I just have to stop trying to build teams until it's clear that things are stabilized.
9/3/2008 3:03 PM
Yeah, the initial batch of players did not have the correct salaries. I had to run them again. Sorry about the confusion, but they should match the spreadsheet now.
9/3/2008 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by garyman on 9/03/2008seble, out of curiousity, does position effectiveness have any bearing on salary? thx.
No it doesn't
9/3/2008 3:06 PM
Okay, thanks for the quick response. I'll try again to make sure it sticks this time.

Do commissioners of new theme leagues need to re-enter the leagues, or will you all re-post them?
9/3/2008 3:08 PM
I made a change so that theme leagues will show up even if they're empty so you can get back into them.
9/3/2008 4:07 PM
Thanks!
9/3/2008 4:08 PM
Something is up with salaries. I have 3 negative salaries and 2 more under 239k.

BTW, Thanks for putting the advanced % in the draft center! Helps greatly, also like the shot distrib.
9/3/2008 4:22 PM
seble: I really like the new changes. I might buy an open league team for the first time in forever!
9/3/2008 4:49 PM
badja, thanks for the heads up on salaries. They've been fixed. Unfortunately had to send a couple teams back to the draft center.
9/3/2008 4:55 PM
I like what I've seen so far, can't wait to see how this new version will play out. The new shot% looks real, I'm very happy to see the old range rating outta here. Ain't gonna be as simple to choose the D range strategy though. Thanx for listening Seble.
9/3/2008 8:22 PM
12 Next ▸
New Player Release Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.